Status
Not open for further replies.

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Temujin said:
i've been told nissans esp silvia's n skylines haf this prob, bad oil pump. perhaps u need to change to n aftermarket oil pump.
i currently dun haf that prob tho..
unfortunately there is no aftermarket upgrade for SR20 Oil Pump... i don have that problem even with Oil Cooler add on also... perhaps ur using wrong engine oil vicosity OR.. ur Oil Pump is not in good condition already... suggest that u replace it with NEW Oil Pump instead...

Last edited:

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
PS13 said:
hi all..i own silvia ps13..i like to share with u guys with my sr20det 's problem..i've chg my engine twice..the oil press too low because of oil pump prob..pls help me..anybody facing this prob?
Do you have an oil cooler? I suggest you hooking up an reliable electronic oil pressure gauge with warning features that can warn you in case of oil pressure drop. You can also try to install a bigger oil sump just in case your oil starvation problems comes from failure of oil pickup. You may use the oil pump from the gtir or the VEs which will produce higher pressure, but some customisation might be needed.

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
Fuwah...Leona very farnee ah nowadays hehe. U changed ur rims edi? So that day the clear lights how? Got it?

Regards;

PS13

Nov 15, 2005
MrNismo said:
Do you have an oil cooler? I suggest you hooking up an reliable electronic oil pressure gauge with warning features that can warn you in case of oil pressure drop. You can also try to install a bigger oil sump just in case your oil starvation problems comes from failure of oil pickup. You may use the oil pump from the gtir or the VEs which will produce higher pressure, but some customisation might be needed.
I don't have oil cooler.Is it can cause oil pressure drop?Do you have any suggestion on which one I should go first?For your info, the oil sensor signal will appear about 15~20 mins. Then it will gone. There is one more problem happened to my SR20 a few days back until now, idling timing too high 1500rpm.I checked the mixer valve(??) and throttle body but the mechanic said still good. Is it any problem with my ECU?Thanks so much

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
PS13 said:
I don't have oil cooler.Is it can cause oil pressure drop?Do you have any suggestion on which one I should go first?For your info, the oil sensor signal will appear about 15~20 mins. Then it will gone. There is one more problem happened to my SR20 a few days back until now, idling timing too high 1500rpm.I checked the mixer valve(??) and throttle body but the mechanic said still good. Is it any problem with my ECU?Thanks so much
Yes oil cooler installation will cause oil pressure drop. If you don't have an oil cooler, then you might need to look into other issues. Such as, a blocked strainer, faulty oil pump, damaged oil sump, faulty oil pressure warning switch maybe...

High idling might be caused by a few things. Get the ECU scan for fault code 1st, then only start to look into others such as TPS, AAC valve etc.

What car you're driving? Who is your mechanic?

PS13

Nov 15, 2005
MrNismo said:
Yes oil cooler installation will cause oil pressure drop. If you don't have an oil cooler, then you might need to look into other issues. Such as, a blocked strainer, faulty oil pump, damaged oil sump, faulty oil pressure warning switch maybe...

High idling might be caused by a few things. Get the ECU scan for fault code 1st, then only start to look into others such as TPS, AAC valve etc.

What car you're driving? Who is your mechanic?
Thanks for your advise.I'm driving silvia s13.Normally i'll send my car at Setiawangsa(mechanic's name Penang).

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
It seems everyone so busy laterly. So quiet out of sudden. Anyhow, how's life ppl. DOing good? Me so so. Currently modding my 6 speed to Nismo gear and stuff like that. Is going to take foreever I guess, so currently no car to use. Hopefull this will done up soon. BTW, any TT session laterly?

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Deep$hi+$ said:
It seems everyone so busy laterly. So quiet out of sudden. Anyhow, how's life ppl. DOing good? Me so so. Currently modding my 6 speed to Nismo gear and stuff like that. Is going to take foreever I guess, so currently no car to use. Hopefull this will done up soon. BTW, any TT session laterly?
December 1st lol.. we will have a short one... :)

acura

Drifter & Racer
Jul 4, 2004
selangor
leonachin.com
haha... hmmm hi boo... wasnt ur name poo??

hehehe
nice car btw... :)

-boo45six*-

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
erm...

my name " boo "...all ppl call me " ah boo "
hehe...next TT will come again... thx ur acura :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It might be the end of days for Best Motoring and Hot Version but trust the guys with petrol running through their veins over there to make sure the staple diet of petrol heads the world over goes out with nothing short of horsepower rage and redlining rev-limiters.

The final track battle pits the Lexus LFA against the likes of the 2012 Nissan GT-R, Chverolet Corvette ZR-1, Porsche 911 GT2 RS and Ferrari...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience