24Karat Gold Volk Racing RE30 - By bespokeventures.com

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
To dato and tan sri out there this is for you hihihihihihi:wavey::thefinger::rofl:

24K Gold Volk Racing RE30 - Racing Meets Bling

By Ben <script src="http://www.intensedebate.com/js/getCommentLink.php?acct=3a70be3d34283b865f640d23061eb4c2&postid=606&posttitle=24K+Gold+Volk+Racing+RE30+-+Racing+Meets+Bling&posturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bespokeventures.com%2Fblog%2F%3Fp%3D606&posttime=2008-04-22+18%3A01%3A42&postauthor=Ben" type="text/javascript" defer="defer"></script>Comments (16)
Categories: Ben Schaffer's The Real JDM

<!-- .entry-meta --> <!-- .entry-head --> <!-- or (function_exists('is_tag') and is_tag()) -->
Being what I consider a purveyor of quality JDM tuning I often challenge myself to great degrees as I aim to push the boundaries of how we see conventional tuning. At the same time I must also balance the respect of the core principals that I love. These wheels simply put, are pushing the boundary.
For the latest car project I’m completing, I must satisfy my clients desire for bling and showmanship while retaining my hardcore JDM roots. Later on I’ll release my original concept for the project, which ultimately was changed as I was required last minute to paint the car to the new specification of the client (Red). Personally I dont like red cars at all so that posed a lot of frustrating challenges on its own. But working with the needs of the project, I wanted to find a wheel spec and style to match a show car quality red paint hue that unexpectedly forced on to the project. So, what did I do? I decided to embrace the bling and set out to do the first set I’ve ever seen of 24 karat gold racing wheels.
Knowing that adding the gold plating would increase the weight slightly I set out for the lightest wheel with the most agressive size I could find. 19×10 and 19×11 Volk Racing RE30s were the answer. After refinishing the wheel in real 24K gold, the result was still a very impressive weight of 21.55lbs, damn good for any wheel of that size!
While keeping strength and light weight function in tact, I can still say the famous Chappelle quote: This wheel is “The Most Baller S#!T Ever!”
Feel free to comment about how sacrilegious it is to take a racing wheel and gold plate it, I’m ok with the love and the hate mail. Sometimes I’m confident enough to go against my own theories and still reach the desired result…same goes with my gold S2000 when I made my own aero parts by mixing and matching and modifying while at the same time I always talk about the proven theory that mix and match aero doesnt function properly.
I feel that if the confidence, strategy and skill is there then rules are meant to be broken from time to time.

Popularity: 6% [?]

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
Re30 is the latest design by Volks right? If anyone got used one let me know :) but of course not the gold plated one laaa hahahahahahaha :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What better way to start a new year than with the world’s most gruelling rally that covers over 9,500km and stretches 13 stages? That’s just how the 2011 motorsports calendar has booted up with the 2011 Dakar Rally.

It’s still early in the rally with only two stages covered so far but even then, a familiar face is already leading the timesheets...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience