Altezza FAQ

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
it depends on how you use it really. if you're always on high RPMs, down shifting at high speeds, for sure your gearbox wouldn't last as long. just remember to change the gearbox oil. :D

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
wfhan: haha... same same here. love the "M". it gave me the umhhh feel. more control. hehe.

bushi: yea... good advice. change GB oil regularly. hehe... yea... i also "drop" gear with my ex-myvi. But dun worry, myvi gb can last a bit longer. :P last time i change GB oil for myvi at 20K interval. no problem with that gb after 120K KM of mileage i used. :D

Altezza33 : yes.. it will help to slow down the speed of the car. that's what i did always if emergency. another way is, drive slow. dun speed. :)

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
Just to pop another question, It say dualvvti on a beam engine. Why i only feel the blast of power during 5krpm ? I would say the lower rpm on my car feels like nothing.... Is everyone the same or just only mine ? I can say like a sudden increase of 20-40hp after 5krpm...

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Just to pop another question, It say dualvvti on a beam engine. Why i only feel the blast of power during 5krpm ? I would say the lower rpm on my car feels like nothing.... Is everyone the same or just only mine ? I can say like a sudden increase of 20-40hp after 5krpm...
it should be normal. our cars lack on low-end torque. maybe if you want, you can go check what RPM does your VVTI opens up. *is that possible?

lemanmuslim

Sep 5, 2008
hello guys. as per mentioned, the A650E A01B or A02B on the trans/axle code dictates LSD. how do we kow/test whether whether it is real LSD or whether the LSD is still good and not faulty?

Last edited:

lemanmuslim

Sep 5, 2008
my one is 5AT and it indicates A01B, comes with traction control, but just feel a bit curious. when i elevate both rear wheels and rotate one of the wheel, the other side of the wheel rotates in different direction. i think this is not the way an LSD should work as they should rotate in the same direction. correct me if i'm wrong. any comments from members?

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
i thinking to add one more exhaust like those honda accord, 350Z. 3" each.

i like 2 exhaust. look cool.

but how u guys think? i just A/T N/A altezza. will i lose a lot low-end torque?

now using one exhaust 4".

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
i thinking to add one more exhaust like those honda accord, 350Z. 3" each.

i like 2 exhaust. look cool.

but how u guys think? i just A/T N/A altezza. will i lose a lot low-end torque?

now using one exhaust 4".
u
Hi bro, if u are interested in 2 exhaust system...aycy(ALAN)i has one ZEES quad exhaust for sale. U can ask him for more info.

Duke_85

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
KL / Kedah
Hi guys...one quick and noob question...i'm going to get altezza...i already got the bank loan approval...for me altezza is a good and realiable car...if compare to civic fd2 or vios is it worth my money?just asking for others point of view...sorry for the noob question and yes i already did my study on how good is altezza..cheers..

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
it's really more like comparing an apple and an orange bro.

you see, Altezza offers performance and comfort also. And once you're not satisfied with the performance, you always have a choice to turn to the aftermarkets. :D While maintaining your comfort as well, unless you start being a weight-weenie and want to strip out the interior. xD

For the FD2, honestly speaking, it is a very good car to drive, awesome handling and power, but for daily use, it's going to be harsh as the suspension is very very firm. You have performance, but very little comfort, yes? And would you pay RM199k for it? Let's say new lah.

And the vios, it's an all out comfort car. If you're expecting performance, then you'll have to look elsewhere, unless you wanna dump in a turbo for the engine though. Of course, price wise this is the lowest. But pay a bit more, hey you have more performance. (:

Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents. :)

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
in my opinion, yes... Altezza is worth the money. Pricing wise, ain't that expensive nowadays with the low Interest rate. Maintenance wise, not that expensive. Just like how you maintain a Camry. :) power is good, cornering is darn good, and comfort wise is good as well. :) just my 2 cents.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Hi guys...one quick and noob question...i'm going to get altezza...i already got the bank loan approval...for me altezza is a good and realiable car...if compare to civic fd2 or vios is it worth my money?just asking for others point of view...sorry for the noob question and yes i already did my study on how good is altezza..cheers..
if u go ask FD2 guys, they will say FD2 good..
if u go ask Vios guys, they will say Vios good...
same goes everywhere..
u say leh ??

it's really more like comparing an apple and an orange bro.

you see, Altezza offers performance and comfort also. And once you're not satisfied with the performance, you always have a choice to turn to the aftermarkets. :D While maintaining your comfort as well, unless you start being a weight-weenie and want to strip out the interior. xD

For the FD2, honestly speaking, it is a very good car to drive, awesome handling and power, but for daily use, it's going to be harsh as the suspension is very very firm. You have performance, but very little comfort, yes? And would you pay RM199k for it? Let's say new lah.

And the vios, it's an all out comfort car. If you're expecting performance, then you'll have to look elsewhere, unless you wanna dump in a turbo for the engine though. Of course, price wise this is the lowest. But pay a bit more, hey you have more performance. (:

Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents. :)
err.. i wonder if Duke is referring to FD2 or FD2R ?
if the normal civic FD2, then the suspension is more on soft/comfy side..

in my opinion, yes... Altezza is worth the money. Pricing wise, ain't that expensive nowadays with the low Interest rate. Maintenance wise, not that expensive. Just like how you maintain a Camry. :) power is good, cornering is darn good, and comfort wise is good as well. :) just my 2 cents.
and yet u want to sell yours!... :banghead:

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
oh yeah !! i thought he was referring to the FD2R ! haha !! my bad !! too obsessed with performance now, ain't i? :P

yeah like what wfhan said, it's all personal preference bro. here, we say Altezza. :P

Duke_85

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
KL / Kedah
hehe...thanks for the opinion...i'm going with the altezza...mine will be out first week of January...got loan from Public Bank with 3.9% interest...:biggrin:

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
hehe...thanks for the opinion...i'm going with the altezza...mine will be out first week of January...got loan from Public Bank with 3.9% interest...:biggrin:
If u dun mind...Which is the car ur getting? One of them on mudah.com.my?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Duke_85,

Bl@ck-tezz@ knows almost all altezza's in m'sia.. :biggrin:
maybe u can check with him if he knows any history of the ownership
of the altezza that u intend to buy.. :)

Duke_85

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
KL / Kedah
Already ask him seems that the previous owner not really into joining any club or altezza gathering...as i know the previous owner work with ambank...