15" R3 wheel weight?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree with u, those Enkei design R3 for Inspira & Preve also more expensive than the ori Enkei price, but at least its enkei and not manufacturer by others factory, that S1K rim really not worth it IMHO. For that price R3 offering just for the rims, i can get a set of Lightweight Advanti pair with 195/50/15 BS RE002/Advan AD08R with trade-in old standard rims+tyres already
Problem is some die hard will pay extra just for the R3.....:smokin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Any info about the rigidity of the lightweight rims?
Doubting them since Advanti can go cheap and light but Enkei go light but hellaexpensive
Rigid not necessary good.. Forged rims are more rigid than cast ones, but if they hit a hole hard enough it chips/shatters/cracks..wheres cast ones just dent/deform/bengkok.

I've inspected a SSR Type C forged, up close that had micro fractures.

Considering the roads in Malaysia is less than stellar, I'd personally choose cast rims over forged ones. FWIW I've used both.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Rigid not necessary good.. Forged rims are more rigid than cast ones, but if they hit a hole hard enough it chips/shatters/cracks..wheres cast ones just dent/deform/bengkok.

Considering the roads in Malaysia is less than stellar, I'd personally choose cast rims over forged ones. FWIW I've used both.
Ohh? I thought a forged rims suppose to be bent only? And a normal cast one will break?

A rigid rims can improve your steering feedback and lap times according to a Japanese magazine.
Forgot which tho.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site

that's right.. forged doesn't mean it cannot be bent. advantage of forged rims is that it can be lighter than cast but maintain its rigidity. not necessarily it is more rigid than cast.

even the daddy of japan rims (ce28n) can bengkok. just buy any good wheels you like.. just that forged rims can give you "baller" status:adore: even higher status if combined with BBK :top:
hehehe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ohh? I thought a forged rims suppose to be bent only? And a normal cast one will break?

A rigid rims can improve your steering feedback and lap times according to a Japanese magazine.
Forgot which tho.
Well, if you hit big pot holes hard enough neither will survive, only that the light weight ones have advantage of being light, so can optimize the car power.

If you study the Storm series S1 posted by bro. crazycar, the spokes are thin using less materials and even the lug holes are made for 4 and not 8. The other 4 holes have been dug out leaving 4 bigger holes, again using less material. So here save a bit there save a bit, then the rims becomes lighter....:driver:

carcrazy_sbs

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
My Advanti MI525 has been using since 2011 and go through countless holes, pots and uneven surface, yet it is still very balance rim and no bent/dent on the rim itself, just change tyres Jan 2014 and ask them to check the wheel balance only without the tyres mounted on it, all 4 wheel nice and balance, just the colour of the wheel got abit faded.

The Advanti S1/S2 design just like RAYS gram lights 57Xtreme SP spec, shaving off some weight out from the spokes and still remain the rigidity of the wheel. More and more Japan Wheel makers also start using this kind of method to shave off more weight.

BTW SSR type-C is Semi-Forged and not Forged wheel

Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My Advanti MI525 has been using since 2011 and go through countless holes, pots and uneven surface, yet it is still very balance rim and no bent/dent on the rim itself, just change tyres Jan 2014 and ask them to check the wheel balance only without the tyres mounted on it, all 4 wheel nice and balance, just the colour of the wheel got abit faded.

The Advanti S1/S2 design just like RAYS gram lights 57Xtreme SP spec, shaving off some weight out from the spokes and still remain the rigidity of the wheel. More and more Japan Wheel makers also start using this kind of method to shave off more weight.

BTW SSR type-C is Semi-Forged and not Forged wheel
the storm s1 actually din shave of any at the tire lug area , unlike mi525/mi526 model

and storm n718 is like the rays 57xtreme sp model , we call it window polish or machine faced

Advanti Racing Storm S1 15x7 Black for Miata, 15x7

btw ...do check out this

https://www.facebook.com/KeanLeeHin...3964993657281/767124173341359/?type=1&theater

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, All!

Recently, in order to fulfill demand from cosmetically inclined consumers in Malaysia market, number of brands of engine oil packed in metal cans (ala Japan import style) are emerging in local market....

1) Sumo: Sumo International | The Absolute SUMO Power
2) Torqnm: http://torqnm.com/
3) Daiki: daikioil « daikioil
4) Qmax: qmax car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience