MalaysiaMotorsportsNewsSepang International Circuit

Live Coverage: 2009 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race – It’s Over And Here Are The Final Results!!

dsc_3891

A dramatic end to a dramatic race. One of the Petronas Z4’s suffered a puncture and had to limp all the way back to the pits. The Radical SR8 suffered a mechanical failure and had to spend some time in the pits. The Civic Type-R of the Honda Malaysia Racing Team suffered a braking problem and it too had to spend some time in the pits. All in all, the finishing line up is the same except for HMRT who ended up finishing the race in P2. Here are the results:

Class 0:
#1 – Petronas Syntium – Car #28 with a time of 2.13:560 and 306 completed laps
#2 – Petronas Syntium – Car #15 with a time of 2.13:573 and 306 completed laps
#3 – Team Porsche Club Singapore – Car# 11 with a time of 2.08:239 with 300 completed laps

Class A1:
#1 – Fugazi Racing Car – Car #9 with a time of 2.11:151 and 284 completed laps
#2 – J’s Racing Labs – Car #64 with a time of 2.27:263 and 277 completed laps
#3 – Aston Martin N24 – Car #77 with a time of 2.22:901 and 277 completed laps

Class A2:
#1 – Type R Garage R Racing Team – Car# 21 with a time of 2.27:947 and 279 completed laps
#2 – Honda Malaysia Racing Team – Car#27 with a time of 2.26:637 and 278 completed laps
#3- Honda Civic FD2 – Car #22 with a time of 2.26:474 and 275 completed laps

It has been a very long day, we’ll bring the complete report and pictures to you tomorrow.

T
  • T
    teamsleepnine
  • Aug 9, 2009
thanks keshy!!!
ive been following your report from time to time,all props to you keshy!!
L
  • L
    luqae
  • Aug 9, 2009
hey thx for the report.btw.where can i get the official result?i cant get it in sic webpage.
no worries guys.. it's my job to bring u the latest.. glad u liked it.. Luqae.. we have all the official results.. just a lil too tired to upload it now.. check again tomorrow.. thanks for keeping up with the reports.. cheers..
T
  • T
    teamsleepnine
  • Aug 9, 2009
nighty night keshy...have a nice rest....and dont forget to post the babes picture(beside the racing stuff of couse)
P
  • P
    pelams
  • Aug 9, 2009
good job guys..! bt i think u should include the cars also,instead of just team names
L
  • L
    LANE
  • Aug 9, 2009
thanks keshy , good job ...
M
  • M
    minivan
  • Aug 9, 2009
can see full results here ---> http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1253698
L
  • L
    lan evo
  • Aug 9, 2009
good job!not easy to give live update

was there from 10am till 5pm,damn tired even didn walk around much
C
  • C
    crazy biscut
  • Aug 9, 2009
Why did the Singapore Team look sad? Sore loser Syndrome?
A
  • A
    Ayz
  • Aug 9, 2009
bravo on the update !!!!
B
  • B
    BabyGodzillaGTi-R
  • Aug 9, 2009
Keshy great work...

Crazy Biscut. Of course lah who won't be sad if u were in their shoes.
On the starting grid they couldn't start the car and had to start in the pitlane due to a faulty battery.

After that their lower rear arm broke and had to snake their way back to the pits for repairs.

Defending MME champion.

Team Honda Malaysia even more heart wrenching.
Exactly on the 11th hour we had brake caliper failure.

That's racing........
T
  • T
    teamsleepnine
  • Aug 9, 2009
how about the other full of hype singaporean?with that mosler?
F
  • F
    farique
  • Aug 10, 2009
it was a surprised seeing the Porsche Club Singapore GT3 had to start from the grid. The day before it took the pole position. Well, things can happen.

thanks for the live report Keshy. I came back to the circuit for the final hour. I thought the Mosler will take the win this year.. whoops.

Unbelieveable, the Evo last for the whole race though during the first hour of the race it had to go back to pit. Plus, it were the most silent car among all.. haha.
B
  • B
    BabyGodzillaGTi-R
  • Aug 12, 2009
teamsleepnine

I guess ancient 428ci push rod lump of yankie doodle power does not cut it with modern day 3.2 double vanos inline 6 of the Z4s.
LOL......

Jokes aside i think it was just overheating and spend lots of its time in the pits.

Actually i was even more disappointed to hear the Ginetta and the Marcoss retiring as they sounded damn awsome down the pit straight.

But what made my dad was the adorable sight of the Mini Cooper S. Looks so cute u just want to cuddle it.
A
  • A
    A1Diablo
  • Aug 12, 2009
That Ginetta was one of the loudest down the pit lane. Everyone winced as it went past. It did sound like it had a red blooded race engine.. Well it did actually! The engine was similar to the Zytek V8 we used in our A1GP car before Ferrari came on board. The Ginetta even had A1GP branded bits in its engine bay. Nostalgia for Shanker and Wan as it went past our garage
A