FerrariNews

And Now A Four-Door Ferrari – Meet The PanaQuattroMeraPorte

02_fourdoorferrariOne of our reader predicted this, but don’t get too excited yet NetMatrix, this is not a design piece right out of Maranello but rather the work of Russian enthusiast and motivated designer Krasnov Igor. That just means that Ferrari may not actually be working on one or planning to work on one but the piece does deserve credit.

00_fourdoorferrari

The rendering seems to piece together a stretched Scaglietti with an Elise’s roof and a Lamborghini like squared-out rear to come up with what the internet calls the ‘PanaQuattroMeraPorte’ The proportions of the car just don’t seem to gel with the overall look of the car and maybe that’s why Ferrari should just maintain it’s position as a manufacturer of road going race cars, just as senor Enzo would have wanted it.

04_fourdoorferrari

But perhaps the pressure of surviving in today’s volatile market could just force Ferrari to consider a competitor for the Lambo, Porsche and Aston Martin supersaloons. If that ends up being the case, then expect the actual car to look much better than this and be given a better name as well. PanaQuattroMeraPorte? Please.

09_fourdoorferrari

01_fourdoorferrari03_fourdoorferrari07_fourdoorferrari06_fourdoorferrari08_fourdoorferrari00_fourdoorferrari04_fourdoorferrari05_fourdoorferrari09_fourdoorferrari02_fourdoorferrari

Source: AutoBlog

18IE
  • Oct 2, 2008
the rear view is so similar to a R35 GTR
=.="
V
  • V
    vincent
  • Oct 2, 2008
What kinda name is that? N who's idea was it anyway?
I'm talking about the name..

The car looks not bad although the butt is kinda out of place. N a long wheel base Ferrari looks weird..
R
  • R
    roy_fatboy
  • Oct 2, 2008
maybe its not final yet..
lets see how will it look like..
G
  • G
    Grixism
  • Oct 2, 2008
"That just means that Ferrari may not actually be working on one or planning to work on one but the piece does deserve credit."---mentioned already..just for cyber drool..
N
  • N
    netmatrix
  • Oct 3, 2008
Hahaha. Keshy, don't put me on the table la. Its easy to know where manufacturers are heading. Having known some people in the auto industry overseas helps too. I can tell you the basic roadmap they have. Audi get Lambo. Lambo makes Supercars. Audi digs deep into Lambo's history and found the 4 seater. Now using some of Audi's know how on 4 doors, and eureka!! 4 door Lambo. hehehe.

Now we should wait for Lambo to sell this. And if economy is good few years on and the car sells very well, then we can see a 4 door Ferarri soon. Till then, i'm hovering around Palivion KL to see if they are going to go ahead with the Bentley showroom.
K
  • K
    Kevin H.
  • May 22, 2012
Sounds like porsche's version Panamera. I highly recommend changing the name, something shorter.
K