A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

magnafluxion

Jul 28, 2010
selangor
well at 1st me n my bud think this inspira is suck..cuz we both dont like copy..but when i lepak2 on the web..i found out some news..dint get much info though..say sumthing bout mitsubishi making a deal with proton or sumthing..mits took exora's chasis for experiment and they trade deals...sumthing2 like that..well correct me if im wrong..inspira with turbo??make it twin..hahaha

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
its like buying China/Taiwan quality for Japan brand.

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
dun see the problem... hate the car then buy other makes lorr....... it's a blessing for those who really wants a lancer GT or a platform to make into evo X or a proton with mitsu quality. Not everybody loves ORIGINALITY and not everybody have the same taste. Thats why we have ricers, classic n vintage, autoshow, VIPs, wira rally jungkit, k-car with all types of mods, original enthusiasts, then JDMers wannabe, vtec kakis, NA, turbo and euro cars... but they love cars... :driver:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i hate people copying other... i surely dont wanna buy it...

but hey! i'm malaysian and even i dont wanna buy it...i'm still ashamed what proton is doing here...rebadge a mitsu lancer and put a proton logo in it? what's the proud in it? let me put it this way...how would the japs felt if honda suddenly copying BMW M3 near 100% similarity on engine,interior and exterior...surely they r going to feel so ashamed of them self....so just can't understand how malaysian can feel proud about this mitsu-proton thing...the whole world will be laughing at proton...

yeah i know RnD is expensive...and time consuming...but i didn't see a honda,toyota or nissan copying others car during their 1st 25 of years building their brand name...they have their own model with their own looks and they r proud of it...

we want a car that we can be proud of...with our own identity...and our own technology...

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
the funny thing is now only i can hear all proton bashers ask proton to build its own car, so that they (the bashers) can be proud of proton but when proton produce their own car for example waja, gen2, neo,saga blm and persona, they (the bashers) are the one who bash proton gao gao like nobody business eventhough they dont own or test drive it themselves. typical malaysian - local product not good. imported product good. haiyooo~

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
acctly many of us own a proton...even i myself own a proton...we dont bash proton..but we just highlight most of the quality that we get out of our cars...i mean, who doesn't complain if we get faulty n cheap parts in our car? most of our complains are for the good of proton..so that they can improve on their quality...but instead of improving things...they decided to copy others manufacture hoping that the car doesn't have any defects like all the cars before...it's like your not good enough to do it yourself...so u start copying others people achievement...

the engineers at proton are not to be blame...because i heard they got a lot of idea's, creativity and things that they wanted to do...they r quite passion bout it...the problem lies in the top management...

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i hate people copying other... i surely dont wanna buy it...

but hey! i'm malaysian and even i dont wanna buy it...i'm still ashamed what proton is doing here...rebadge a mitsu lancer and put a proton logo in it? what's the proud in it? let me put it this way...how would the japs felt if honda suddenly copying BMW M3 near 100% similarity on engine,interior and exterior...surely they r going to feel so ashamed of them self....so just can't understand how malaysian can feel proud about this mitsu-proton thing...the whole world will be laughing at proton...

yeah i know RnD is expensive...and time consuming...but i didn't see a honda,toyota or nissan copying others car during their 1st 25 of years building their brand name...they have their own model with their own looks and they r proud of it...

we want a car that we can be proud of...with our own identity...and our own technology...

from what u wrote my understanding is u said proton copy mitsu without their permission...

they dont copy but rebadge it with an aggreement , thats mean it is a lancer with proton badge...new technology transfer agreement after wira era...plus mitsu took our exora and persona chasis as their mitsu model in japan....

they already came out with their own design before such as gen2 n neo..no need to prove anymore bout their ability..its also not economic to develop new chasis for a small segment car market ... its just business nothing personel hehehe

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I BET you if honda, toyota, nissan or whatever were to price their cars at protons price range and still give the same stuff they had...

The quality wouldnt be there :proud: . Proton for the money you pay you get quite a fair bit. At least it isnt so shitty 'till the point everytime you go on a long distance their blocks warp out of shape, or their driveshafts wear prematurely. If you do research on all the Japanese giants there ARE lemons that they made to experiment.

IF proton can go make a profit without making lemons, why not? You got to sacrifice something to gain something. Im only vouching for them now cause they're actually trying, they can just say "oh we use the waja's chassis for another 20 years, campro improve sampai really pro", they did that with the saga and look what happened. I think they learned that already :hmmmm: ....

You rebadge cars = complain. Sell cheap cars = complain. Sell it expensive = complain cause its Malaysian.

SO far the biggest lemons protons have made are the tiara + juara. The tiara is a good car but it was FAAAAAAR from reliable. The juara God only knows what they were thinking lah.

But really, the waja, persona, Gen-2 (later models), satria neo, exora are pretty good cars around the RM60k range. If someone were to give me one I would drive it and maintain it properly, its Malaysian. At least they didnt rebadge those right?

You cant get experience overnight, let proton TRY at least to get better. If in another 10 years they dont improve i'll join you guys on proton bashing kay? Sumpah :rofl:

Last edited:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
from what u wrote my understanding is u said proton copy mitsu without their permission...

they dont copy but rebadge it with an aggreement , thats mean it is a lancer with proton badge...new technology transfer agreement after wira era...plus mitsu took our exora and persona chasis as their mitsu model in japan....

they already came out with their own design before such as gen2 n neo..no need to prove anymore bout their ability..its also not economic to develop new chasis for a small segment car market ... its just business nothing personel hehehe
i'm well aware that proton has an agreement and technology transfer with mitsu since saga era...but why after 25 years proton still can't stand on their own feet?

yeah they already came out with campro engines, neo and gen2...that's an improvement...and they should step more forward and keep improving them self...so why suddenly step back to the wiralution era? just for the easy profit is it?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
not just proton did this rebadge stuff. other car manufacturers who have been in this business for more than 25 years also rebadge other car and make their own....

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm well aware that proton has an agreement and technology transfer with mitsu since saga era...but why after 25 years proton still can't stand on their own feet?

yeah they already came out with campro engines, neo and gen2...that's an improvement...and they should step more forward and keep improving them self...so why suddenly step back to the wiralution era? just for the easy profit is it?
Yup, that's right - easy profit. They already spent 1Bil for waja and it is not feasible anymore to spent again for this market. Volume wise not enough. But they have done that and prove proton is capable. Proton will only develop certain market model like the Saga and Exora.
JV in automotive industry is not new. It's the new deal. Like Nissan & Renault (Latio & Megane)
There are many other examples of joint developed motors and rebadging.

If want to talk about copycats or ciplak or cetak rompak kereta, go visit China. Some getting sued from Japan. But then again japan & korea used to copycat European cars. Lexus for example follows Mercedes S class design cues. Let's bash Lexus now.

Btw, proton is also working on something with VW.
Proton get some, VW get some. Not bad aah!

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
Yup, that's right - easy profit. They already spent 1Bil for waja and it is not feasible anymore to spent again for this market. Volume wise not enough. But they have done that and prove proton is capable. Proton will only develop certain market model like the Saga and Exora.
JV in automotive industry is not new. It's the new deal. Like Nissan & Renault (Latio & Megane)
There are many other examples of joint developed motors and rebadging.

If want to talk about copycats or ciplak or cetak rompak kereta, go visit China. Some getting sued from Japan. But then again japan & korea used to copycat European cars. Lexus for example follows Mercedes S class design cues. Let's bash Lexus now.

Btw, proton is also working on something with VW.
Proton get some, VW get some. Not bad aah!
first,proton n mitsubishi is not JV or joint develop their car.
second, proton is buying the right and produce.

a very simple example, if gov tax 200% tax on toothpaste. so imported toothpaste like colgate or darlie price ll increase. then a malaysia company buy colgate formula and product n sell as 'progate'. sure progate price ll cheaper den colgate n darlie. if a malaysia company design and produce their own product by their own is ok and i also think we need to protect malaysia company in first place. but if the company is just rebadge or copy dengan apa jua sekali pun, i think we cannot accept this kind of company.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
atleast it was approved by the right owner...

if pirated/copy without permission sure i oso bash proton to death.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everybody, i'm new here.......i own a proton 1.5 (m) 2002 which perform like a trishaw........ i am thinking of few modification without changing the engine.

First, i would like to change the air filter to a less resistance one........is it ok ? Which brand to choose and any precaution should i take ?

Second, the exhaust system........can i fixed up a 4-2-1 manifold ( extractor ) only and keep the rest original until the muffles, as i dun want loud sound.

Anything else i can do to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience