A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
yups. it is not a copy. like what mr pomen gtr said... it was approved by the owner (mitsubishi)..

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
first,proton n mitsubishi is not JV or joint develop their car.
second, proton is buying the right and produce.

a very simple example, if gov tax 200% tax on toothpaste. so imported toothpaste like colgate or darlie price ll increase. then a malaysia company buy colgate formula and product n sell as 'progate'. sure progate price ll cheaper den colgate n darlie. if a malaysia company design and produce their own product by their own is ok and i also think we need to protect malaysia company in first place. but if the company is just rebadge or copy dengan apa jua sekali pun, i think we cannot accept this kind of company.
true, in the case of Inspira it's not JV, but some agreement put in place. Globally manufacturers are working with each other these days to cut cost in many form. Some co-develop engine only, some share chassis, some buy engine and some rebadge.

rebadge and copy is two different things. Brabus rebadges mercs. Alpina rebadges BMW. Ruf & Gemballa rebadges Porsches. Wald rebadges Honda's, toyota's & VW's.
Holden, Vauxhall, Opel are all GM rebadges. KIA rebadges Mazda 121.
So can't accept these companies too? whoaa.. very high standard to meet for some people...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
simply say, most malaysian is not dun like rebadge or copy but is not like some company take advantage from tax and continue selling other company product as own. when u buy a inspira, u actually pay double of profit, 1 is go to proton, 1 is go to mitsubishi. if like that, why we need proton?
brabus, gemballa put luxury n power to their rebadge then proton is put thunder car on inspira. if all of u dun like me bash proton and u so like n proud of inspira, PLS DUN CHANGE UR BUMPER TO be LANCER or EVOX. stick to ur thunder cat grill!!! hope u keep thinking that u are driving a proton inspira not lancer when u saw ur steering thunder cat!!

advangt

Oct 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i don't understand what's the problem in the mind of person who bashing proton.what's wrong if proton rebadge mitsubishi lancer car? mitsubishi company don't have any problem proton rebadge their car.they already have an agreement together for a long time and they happy with it.they both got profit.we as the user will get a good quality,design and strong chassis car with a resionable price although it's not ori but hey..we all know it's still mitsubishi car maa.i don't have any problems with that.if u don't like proton rebadge lancer, u buy another proton original (not rebadge) car laa like persona,saga atau gen2 ke.proton still and will produce their own and original design car/engine in future maa. if this inspira selling with hot cakes i'll think proton wont have any problem to design & rebuild new car & engine .u must know that proton also pay tax to goverment.don't think only u who pay tax ok.

hilfi

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
if this inspira-x is a re-badging of the evo X....and if the price is chear...surely i will get one! hehe..its the performance,looks and price tag that matter..not the name

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Actually the Inspira has some places that got improved over the Lancer GT.

If I own an Inspira, I would not rebadge it to a Lancer and become a wannabe and go with the masses. I will keep the ori badge or just debagde the car. Put in a set of custom bodykit instead of fitting in the GT or EvoX body parts and look like the ordinary. We have some really good body shop around and I believe they could come out with something that is nicer than the EvoX or GT look for the Inspira.

I feel numb & bored looking at all those GTs trying to look like EvoX and those Wira, Waja, trying so hard to look like EvoX...MyVi trying to be Toyota or Lexus.. =.='

I hope the R3 guys will come out with something that is different and I wish them all the best. I know they can do it.

Last edited:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur

Instacopy

Inspiranha

Inspirari

Inspirare

InspiraR3

Uninspired

2cent : wait till it drop its price like waja & perdana after 2 years then buy.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Instacopy

Inspiranha

Inspirari

Inspirare

InspiraR3

Uninspired

2cent : wait till it drop its price like waja & perdana after 2 years then buy.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

i don't understand what's the problem in the mind of person who bashing proton.what's wrong if proton rebadge mitsubishi lancer car? mitsubishi company don't have any problem proton rebadge their car.they already have an agreement together for a long time and they happy with it.they both got profit.we as the user will get a good quality,design and strong chassis car with a resionable price although it's not ori but hey..we all know it's still mitsubishi car maa.i don't have any problems with that.if u don't like proton rebadge lancer, u buy another proton original (not rebadge) car laa like persona,saga atau gen2 ke.proton still and will produce their own and original design car/engine in future maa. if this inspira selling with hot cakes i'll think proton wont have any problem to design & rebuild new car & engine .u must know that proton also pay tax to goverment.don't think only u who pay tax ok.
Why?

like a person who cheat in exam la, copy smart person ( Pass exam ) copy dumb ass ( fail exam )

like a person come to you : sells u ( So Called ) Original work of art (rolex ) for dirt price. ( like thet gonna Happens.

who compare bonia to hugo boss? coz bonia is local talent work not photocopy hugo boss ( originality in respect )

where is the effort of building cars? then proton cant be considered as car manufacturer, car bulider & of course proton wont be auto maker.

proton is car re-assembly company, car re-engineering company, car re-badge-ing company, re-style-ing company.

buy lotus also re-engineer car only, previously bought italian engine building company = go sell

campro proton 100% meh? not study from toyota vvti? tweak it?

better play lego set like that ok lor.

its only good for me when later its re-sale value after 2 years, then i buy it. thank proton for making me not buy proton(g) cars brand new ever again. i settle 4 their 2nd hand instead. ( super duper cheapo :burnout:.

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
normally a Jap Tuner Company will tune the performance car... now a car manufacturer do the job. =.=

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Ninja,
I am currently using Titan on my E34 . Purchased by previous owner .
Two of them I believe it's leaking cause I can see some oil start accumulating .
Making the ride uncomfortable .

Since Titan carried two years warranty , how much does it cost to service it .

Do we need to make an appointment or I just can drop by and expect to get services by Q . ( first come first serve )

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience