4G93T Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
bro chris & Cons..for the reason no 1. I didn't found any white smoke from behind. That means my engine still ok. is it true?? for no 2, yesterday..i bring my car for inspection and they found out that my turbo had a small leak at the outlet..is it the reason my car got this problem? and the breather..yups there are many oil left, not only in the breather..my oil cap also have to change.found out the oil coming out thru the cap whenever i rev it...erm try to solve by this week..anyway..thanks guys for the help..:adore:

ok the turbo maybe is oil feed return line hose leak or turbine oil seal leak,if the oil cap leak is mean your extra oil breathe hose pressure no enuf release,need take out your valve cover and cut the hose pipe bore the bigger hole and weld the bigger pipe the foreman know need how big the pipe need no worry~

Last edited:

cawyn

Known Member
Feb 19, 2008
bros, i haven't logged-in for quite some time! just read the last 30 pages i missed. hahaha.

anyways, recently my car has had this funny sound when i'm driving.. its like a soft krup krup krup krup krup sound. feels like its a spinning sound.. like a fan? but when i free my gear, the sound is gone. its only when i'm on the move. my mech said it was the wheel bearing, but we checked it and its still ok.

then, few days back i took a spirited drive up frasers hill. after coming back down, my car started having white smoke in idle.. i revved it, and alot more smoke came out. but until today, i drove lightly and there's no white smoke.

btw, my driveshaft cover ALWAYS TEARS! damn frustrating wei. in february i reconditioned the left driveshaft. now my inner covers tore, both sides.

not just that bros, my handbrake is damn useless! i can push the car with my handbrakes up. my car rolled down like. 2-3 times already. hit my house wall, then hit a tree. during mamak my friend called me, "dude you parked in the middle of the road? cos your car is in the middle of the road." tried adding spacers to the handbrake assy at the rear calipers still x work. reserviced both sides too, in feb as well. still same :(

any idea what's happening to my car all the sifus here? i kepala pening already. :( sorry for the super long message!

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
lolx.. bro it sound real funny and dangerous too.. make sure ur car well check before leave garage. Chill..

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
halo all sifus,

my engine also makan engine oil like crazy, no leakage whatsoever when i look undercarriage.
Sometimes when idle got lotsa white smoke coming out of the exhaust. when full on throttle also got white/greyish smoke come out.
when full on throttle sometimes car jerking also.

what does this mean??
any help would be appreciated. :)

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
overhaul the engine will be how much ??

After overhaul will the problem occurs?

cawyn

Known Member
Feb 19, 2008
yeah, i'll be checking the turbo soon. just did my driveshaft oil seal and inner covers today. sound is still there though. no white smoke at all, only that day. :S

but my handbrake, i'm living with it already hehe. always park in gear!

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
halo all sifus,

my engine also makan engine oil like crazy, no leakage whatsoever when i look undercarriage.
Sometimes when idle got lotsa white smoke coming out of the exhaust. when full on throttle also got white/greyish smoke come out.
when full on throttle sometimes car jerking also.

what does this mean??
any help would be appreciated. :)
if this kind happen,only got two reason,one is piston ring and piston crack already,two is turbo oil seal leak already,for check is very easy one,for reason no one is go for compressor test for your engine,two is open turbine check the oil leak from fin or not?if got is turbo oil seal,hope can help u

UranusFoo

Oct 7, 2008
Chris,

how much is it that your TD05 20G cost ah??? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
pm me.... :adore::adore::adore:
currently me using TD05 VR4.... so the flange & space can fit ah??? car is saga....

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
sifu,
my car putra now using straight step-up pipe, with no brand muffler. i think the sound is too loud. i'm targetting to get the sound near to stock sound, coz i've met a R34 GT-R with 400hp but the sound is just like a stock car. i've asked him what muffler he use, but he say dunno... (stingy dude maybe). So, if i use HKS silent hi-power, is it really silent?

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
sifu,
my car putra now using straight step-up pipe, with no brand muffler. i think the sound is too loud. i'm targetting to get the sound near to stock sound, coz i've met a R34 GT-R with 400hp but the sound is just like a stock car. i've asked him what muffler he use, but he say dunno... (stingy dude maybe). So, if i use HKS silent hi-power, is it really silent?
HKS Hi-power also can produce better sound but if u use the s-flow type of piping much better....but if u already made the straight pipe it will reduce a bit....im using the HKS hyper muffler its sound quite nice during idle but during the turbine kick-off damn kaw syiok...its enough for myself....actually its depend on the owner itself the sound u like the muffler to produce.....me im using also straight piping....cheers :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

sifu,
HKS Hi-power also can produce better sound but if u use the s-flow type of piping much better....but if u already made the straight pipe it will reduce a bit....im using the HKS hyper muffler its sound quite nice during idle but during the turbine kick-off damn kaw syiok...its enough for myself....actually its depend on the owner itself the sound u like the muffler to produce.....me im using also straight piping....cheers :smokin:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
sifu,
I use super megaphone 3'' Inlet and 4.5'' outlet
super quiet with bassy sound
love it so much!

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
if this kind happen,only got two reason,one is piston ring and piston crack already,two is turbo oil seal leak already,for check is very easy one,for reason no one is go for compressor test for your engine,two is open turbine check the oil leak from fin or not?if got is turbo oil seal,hope can help u
do i have to take off the whole turbine? or can i just take out the intake hose from the turbine and see it from there if there's any leak on the fin? does compression test also measure any piston ring or valve seal leak?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
do i have to take off the whole turbine? or can i just take out the intake hose from the turbine and see it from there if there's any leak on the fin? does compression test also measure any piston ring or valve seal leak?
just open you turbo hot side housing (turbine housing) and see the fin got oil or wet or not?if the (front turbo compressor) cold side fin got oil or not,compressor test is mean test your engine compressor ratio still normal or work or not?if got low then mean something wrong with your engine like piston ring or piston crack,the head gasket break also will let your engine no compression,give foreman check if u want know faster~

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
as i remember 3 months ago i did top overhaul, they sandblasted the piston surface clean it all and change to metal head gasket. so its not possible that the piston cracked if they noticed they would tell me. so the problem is maybe the turbo, ill check it myself first if i have the time and probably will do compression test too afterward. anyway since i transplanted the engine in 2006 i never serviced the turbo. so maybe its about time :)

thanks for your help chriss really appreciated it.

p/s: if u have any recommended workshop (or maybe ur shop) do tell me. cheers.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
as i remember 3 months ago i did top overhaul, they sandblasted the piston surface clean it all and change to metal head gasket. so its not possible that the piston cracked if they noticed they would tell me. so the problem is maybe the turbo, ill check it myself first if i have the time and probably will do compression test too afterward. anyway since i transplanted the engine in 2006 i never serviced the turbo. so maybe its about time :)

bro sometimes things might just happen for example it might have the problem after you overhaul bro. overhaul doesnt means ur engine is going to be healthy bro. it depends on your mechanic whether got do the right job on the overhauling by checking every pieces of your engine bro

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007

u are welcome,u got pm~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Godfather of automotive design, Sergio Pininfarina, dies aged 85.

Mention the word Pininfarina and one would immediately think of Ferrari's all-time greatest: Testarossa, Dino, F40, Enzo. Well, the godfather of automotive design, Sergio Pininfarina, has passed away today in the motoring capital of Turin in Italy, aged 85. Born in 1926 near Turin in the industrial north of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience