7th gen Celica engine

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Hi guys,

In the US, the Celica comes in 2 variants: the Celica GT with a 140hp 1ZZ engine and the Celica GT-S with 180hp 2ZZ engine. Both are 1.8 with VVTL-I.

What about in Malaysia? Do we have 2 variants as well?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

i think malaysia also has two variants for the celica....
correct me if i'm wrong...

i think malaysia also has two variants for the celica....
correct me if i'm wrong...

How to differentiate them? If I were to buy a Celica (which I'm not), how would I know which one has the 2ZZ and which one has the 1ZZ? There's a big difference of 40hp there.

ei bro imoloq u also toyota kaki ah? hehehe......

Yeah, interested to know more about Toyota engines. The 2zz is a particularly interesting one since it's developed by Yamaha, and so it's high-revving.

US version of 2zz is rated at 180bhp wherelse the JDM version is 190bhp. vvtL-i is only available for 2zz(GT-S) and the other variant, 1zz(GT) is vvt-i(same engine as Altis 1.8).

GT-S comes with rear disc brakes and the red line on the tacho is at 8krpm.... other than that they look pretty much the same....

Last edited:
US gersion of 2zz is rated at 180bhp wherelse the JDM version is 190bhp. vvtL-i is only available for 2zz)GT-S) and the other variant, 1zz(GT) is vvt-i(same engine as Altis 1.8).

GT-S comes with rear disc brakes and the red line on the tacho is at 8krpm.... other than that they look pretty much the same....

i think u have ur answer here...

bro imoloq u owned a seg also ka? saw ur detail in ur public profile....
never see u in here 1? hehehe....
anyway welcome to toyota world.....

US version of 2zz is rated at 180bhp wherelse the JDM version is 190bhp. vvtL-i is only available for 2zz(GT-S) and the other variant, 1zz(GT) is vvt-i(same engine as Altis 1.8).

Thanks for the info!

bro imoloq u owned a seg also ka? saw ur detail in ur public profile....
never see u in here 1? hehehe....
anyway welcome to toyota world.....

Actually I don't own any car at the moment. It's my bro's car and I drive it occasionally. It's an EE100 with SEG conversion and 20V transplant. I'm a silent member here cause I'm not so pro yet to participate in the deep subjects you guys discuss hehe!

ya.. we all here also newbie in some sense, here is just a platform for us
to share our ideas, suggestions, opinions and talk cock also..
hhaha...

Hahah definitely more pro than me.

What setup are you running on your car? Looks garang wei!

my running a stock 4AGE 20V engine with E-manage piggyback ecu, not monster la...
those turbo's car and vtec always smoked 9 me 1.....:_:

just wana know ... can i swap my st185 3sge engine with a 2ZZGE engine? anyone please?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom