What are you driving now?

Ex daily ride. Even though is not very powerful but the addition of high rev 20v is outstanding. Hari hari rev also takrak pening kepala.

Current weekend car. Power churning out from Rb20 is so lovely and smooth. First time owning a FR car and I would say the handling is so raw because everything is mechanical based. Require some skill when comes to cornering and I'm still learning it.

20 Valve 4A-GE is powerful enough. :biggrin:

You are based in Ipoh? Haven't actually seen this A30 yet. Will take notice and greet you if I saw you around next time. :biggrin:

Well maybe should use engine oils more suitable for that climate, and better air filters to fight the dust. Cars even in hotter conditions but if not much traffic jams then still ok I think. The more detrimental is the traffic jams like in Jakarta, hence the engines are just idling without as much airflow as if the car is moving normally, then very often need to push the car from stop and not steady engine rhythm (gas up to move just half a meter or so then stop, then again like that continuously). That's why cars in Jakarta in general feel more 'tired' and have more things broken compared to here in KL. Cars here even with much higher mileage in general are still in better conditions.

Well if during detailing they apply expensive leather care stuff, maybe that would help to protect and prevent the leather from cracking up. Just like my leather sofa at home, now already got cracks coz I'm lazy to oil them.

From your description, cars in Jakarta may not be putting up a high mileage but their engines are left running at idle due to heavy traffic jam conditions.

Been start driving perdana v6 (1st v6 gen reg 2001) since my diploma years until now. Car was under gov official for about 9 years then long story short, i've got it. Since i was going back and forth PG > KL quite often, I've made some enhancement to the car from bone stock until now, with finale by plonk in 4g63t. sway bar,bigger rim, better tyre, etc. I only upgrade which benefit the performance."Sleeper" theme. Now cat/paint like dandruff due to clear coat peeling off. Once done upgrade, will call it a day by repaint it.

What i like about this perdana is interior not plasticy, can handle high speed cruise , can bully big car and affordable to maintain and dd. The only matter that bugs me is its fwd. Still learning and find a way to improve its touge handling.

Perdana is affordable to maintain? Normally people said that it is expensive. But the definition of affordable varies among people. :biggrin:

Your Perdana is using the old SEI bumper? Lower part of your front bumper looks quite scratched.

Perdana is affordable to maintain? Normally people said that it is expensive. But the definition of affordable varies among people. :biggrin:

Your Perdana is using the old SEI bumper? Lower part of your front bumper looks quite scratched.

Besides routine service, what else for perdana? as for me every 1.5 years sure new lower arm front, no more gbox issue, others is wear and tear. Those who complain prolong their issue, hence chain reaction. :biggrin:

using first model v6 bumper. slightly differ than sei version iinm. Yup scratched, car has not been repaint past 9 years. stone chip, "sagat" due to soft suspension on oem setup . hahaha.

Btw, for 2.0, high speed cruiser/ acceptable comfort car, the price to maintain quite cheap. WRX sti is expensive than perdana for breakdown repairs.:adore:

Besides routine service, what else for perdana? as for me every 1.5 years sure new lower arm front, no more gbox issue, others is wear and tear. Those who complain prolong their issue, hence chain reaction. :biggrin:

using first model v6 bumper. slightly differ than sei version iinm. Yup scratched, car has not been repaint past 9 years. stone chip, "sagat" due to soft suspension on oem setup . hahaha.

Btw, for 2.0, high speed cruiser/ acceptable comfort car, the price to maintain quite cheap. WRX sti is expensive than perdana for breakdown repairs.:adore:

The lower arm is that unreliable?

Oh, that one. Early V6 before alfa facelift.

WRX STI is a real sports/performance car, sure need to expect a higher maintenance cost. :biggrin: Another 2.0 high speed cruiser/acceptable comfort car that I can think of would be SV4 Accord. Selling almost at similar price with Perdana. Came with double wishbone suspension on all four sides.

You are based in Ipoh? Haven't actually seen this A30 yet. Will take notice and greet you if I saw you around next time. :biggrin:

So weekend now have to come out more often to look out for the A30.....:driver::rofl:

That AMT is actually really semi-auto/manual gearbox with automated clutch or just torque converter?
good question, some robotic failure project from Renault where they sell the engine to proton.
if I not wrong, savvy is using first or 2nd version of Renault clio engine?

the handling on this little car is great. much much better than my perdana
highest top speed is 170km, 1 full tank can get me around 450km - 500km depending on my leg?

The lower arm is that unreliable?

Oh, that one. Early V6 before alfa facelift.

WRX STI is a real sports/performance car, sure need to expect a higher maintenance cost. :biggrin: Another 2.0 high speed cruiser/acceptable comfort car that I can think of would be SV4 Accord. Selling almost at similar price with Perdana. Came with double wishbone suspension on all four sides.

not that its unreliable, i bought lower arm set which the rubber/bush is expected to last 1 year+ only :rofl:.

Whole set cost around rm4xx-5xx..:driver:

4AGE low end is quite weak i would say. Yea ipoh mali but working in kl. I saw few of your posts asking which car is good. Have you figure that out already?

So weekend now have to come out more often to look out for the A30.....:driver::rofl:

I go out quite often in Ipoh. :biggrin: Ipoh is a small place with few modded cars going around.

good question, some robotic failure project from Renault where they sell the engine to proton.
if I not wrong, savvy is using first or 2nd version of Renault clio engine?

the handling on this little car is great. much much better than my perdana
highest top speed is 170km, 1 full tank can get me around 450km - 500km depending on my leg?

https://paultan.org/2005/11/16/proton-savvy-automated-manual-transmission/

Found some info. Seems like it is real semi-auto transmission with clutch, not torque converter.

Good handling is probably due to lighter weight? Your Perdana is heavier but when it comes to rear suspension, I think Perdana will have the advantage.

not that its unreliable, i bought lower arm set which the rubber/bush is expected to last 1 year+ only :rofl:.

Whole set cost around rm4xx-5xx..:driver:

Maybe because of the stress caused from your 4G63T?

4AGE low end is quite weak i would say. Yea ipoh mali but working in kl. I saw few of your posts asking which car is good. Have you figure that out already?

Seems like these high revving engines like 4A-GE, 4G92 MIVEC, B16A/B16B all suffer from weak low end. But how weak is weak? Are they even weaker than engines like 4G15, 4A-FE on low end?

Oh, so you are staying in KL. Probably that is why I did not notice your A31.

Is it the post about converted car chassis vs performance chassis?

We here to admire the ride u guys have. The bitter sweet story behind it.
Not to see who got bigger horsie. No offense.
Pls participate freely. Volunteer, no force.

Maybe because of the stress caused from your 4G63T?

Seems like these high revving engines like 4A-GE, 4G92 MIVEC, B16A/B16B all suffer from weak low end. But how weak is weak? Are they even weaker than engines like 4G15, 4A-FE on low end?

Oh, so you are staying in KL. Probably that is why I did not notice your A31.

Is it the post about converted car chassis vs performance chassis?

I would say engines like 4G15,4AFE,GA16 will have better low end torque for daily drive, it's only when you get to the high rpm range these engines will be choking for breath and engines above will be still pulling

We here to admire the ride u guys have. The bitter sweet story behind it.
Not to see who got bigger horsie. No offense.
Pls participate freely. Volunteer, no force.

Hahahaha, well said indeed.

Even my standard slow car also I posted here.

I have a friend who owned E46 and the leather on his seats are cracking. His car is 13 years old.

I suppose this kind of leather is not designed for our kind of climate. Now, if they can't even withstand Malaysian weather much, imagine how are those rich car owners dealing with their cars in Middle East area. To be honest, I don't think those place are suitable for any car considering the hot and dusty environment that they have. The engine will definitely get dirty very quickly.

It has been a while since I last saw you here. :biggrin:

Your Waja 1.8 with Renault engine gives a better FC than your BLM Saga? Your Saga is 1.3 or 1.6? If that is the case, I think your Saga's engine is really quite inefficient.
the waja renault return 14km/, 1.3 campro is 11km/l

I would say engines like 4G15,4AFE,GA16 will have better low end torque for daily drive, it's only when you get to the high rpm range these engines will be choking for breath and engines above will be still pulling

Agreed. I drive an EK Civic with B16A. I would certainly lose to a 1.5 Myvi in a traffic light drag unless I go above 5000rpm, haha..

Agreed. I drive an EK Civic with B16A. I would certainly lose to a 1.5 Myvi in a traffic light drag unless I go above 5000rpm, haha..

Is Myvi 1.5 that powerful?

Few days ago, I saw a drag video between Vios manual and Wira 4G15 manual. Vios totally can't take lead even when the 1NZ-FE had 17hp more than 4G15. :confused::confused::confused:

Top Bottom