Best Bang for Buck? Evo 7/8/8mr/9/9mr?

Evofans,

I know you have been reading all the information over the internet about what can be done on an evo and what not. Yes, they have done it in the states. I'm not saying it cant be done tho. But there are limitation to achieve those number here, such as:

Fuel - they are doing those numbers with 93 Octane which is approx equal to RON 98, we are only blessed with RON 95 & 97, limiting the timing advance that we can run.

Ambient temp - Our ambient temp is on the high side further limiting the timing advance.

To the others, cut him a slack guys. I think he have just started playing cars & is very excited about sharing knowledge that he scoop over from sport tuning mags, internet forums oversea
& things that his friend says. He might not have the 1st hand experience on what can & cant be done here in Malaysia. I have been through that stage before in my life, i'm sure some of you guys have been through it too. Dont be too harsh ler.

i find it amusing that a 17 year old BOY who sitting for SPM this year and who has never owned an evo, driven one, let alone tuned a car before to bad mouth evo owners in Facebook.

when you actually have the ability to earn money by yourself to buy an evo and to buy buschur parts to "prove us wrong", please do create an event in Facebook and invite all the evo owners to see how you can increase 130bhp with intake, exhaust and ecu reflash.

i'm very sure all the big name tuning shops in Malaysia, wouldn't mind to let you use their dyno to "learn" your secret.

i'm also very sure that local evo owners (whom you look down on) who had paid thousands just to fly in japanese tuners to tune their cars after spending five to six figures on their 500-600hp engines would also want to learn your secrets.

heck, i'll even do a feature write up for you to be published in ZTH free-of-charge.

please... do continue posting your "borrowed" facts which you yourself have yet to experience.

if i were you, i would stop dragging in foreign tuners in here because we are not laughing at the tuners, WE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU.

WHY? Because you are worse than Kendrick, the infamous keyboard warrior in ZTH.

congratulations boy. YOU MADE HISTORY. i'll call up my evo buddies and prepare a plaque just for you.

you have helped to liven up ZTH so much. :thefinger:

Attachments

• EVOFan.jpg
    EVOFan.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
WOW, STOCK EVO TURBO CAN REACH 1,000 WHP!!!

all bow to EVOFan :adore::adore::adore:

MIZU.....u mean stock TD05 with boost 10.0 bar ???

or maybe 4G63-T with STROKER KIT 10.0 cc + stock TD05-HR......

muahahahahaha...i can't stop laugh for this.... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Last edited:
MIZU.....u mean TD05 with boost 10.0 bar ???

muahahahahaha...i can't stop laugh for this.... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

have to ask kepong boy EVOFan... he is pro-tuner :rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

BTW,i never claim stock turbo can reach 1000whp

please refer to your own post (#70) and also my post where i quoted you (post #74).

you got selective amnesia now?

Message to EVOFans from EVOOwners,

Please tune my car. I have the exhaust and intake already, n now i just need the tune. I dont ask for much, 330-350whp is enough. I dont need 1000 whp.
thanks.

ps: im not kidding, if u can do it and do it reliably, im willing to pay.

brian ang: internet teach u a lot of things...well done kids u have grown up.i started to play car u still sucking your milk bottle.get a life n study for your spm n stop bragging bout tuner in overseas while u still haven't go there n live there b4

and when u r there, please go n see how much they will charge u to just install the parts, let alone tune it..unless u can do it urself, it wont be cheap..

and those parts are not cheap either. Again, unless u r millionaire or have lotsa family money..

I know because i owned a car n live there before.

Please tune my car. I have the exhaust and intake already, n now i just need the tune. I dont ask for much, 330-350whp is enough. I dont need 1000 whp.
thanks.

i'm about to drop in GSC S1 cams... i wonder if i can get reliable 400whp if EVOFan tunes my car :adore:

if EVOFan can provide full money-back guarantee that we don't blow our engines before we even finish the dyno runs, hell, i think we will all queue up and let him tune our cars. :thefinger:

thanks.

ya kids, i have the same setup as above. 320whp will be more then enough for me. im willing to pay the price also. tq.

so now u got two customer already, maybe u can start making $$ now and buy one soon. TQ!:adore:

ya kids, i have the same setup as above. 320whp will be more then enough for me. im willing to pay the price also. tq.

so now u got two customer already, maybe u can start making $$ now and buy one soon. TQ!:adore:

count me in...same setup with RS chasis...but i need 300 whp enough...so now u got 3 ready customer to show all the evo owner's how good u r...but pls...dun kick my ass......:proud::thefinger::driver:

Last edited:
If Evo can easily gain so much HP as easy as stated by EvoFans,

I don't want to aim for Toyota Supra adi...I think I'm gonna change
my dream car to Evo VII. :top:

Not count as mod as in don't help with power
But additional cooling abilities,better clearance with big turbo setup(CP9A EVO positions style)
Fair enough??
Power seem to be slightly lower but not that low
I'd say 330-340whp is fair for what you have(TME Turbo,HKS Cam and pump gas)
EVO IX turbo do give extra power due to bigger compressor housing and AFAIK MIVEC Head casing is better(Search 4G63 Head Core Shift)

:banghead: Why i go send to the other Tuner only gib me 317 whp .. how much u charge for tuning my car up to your Guaranteed 330-340 whp?

But i need you to explain why Radiator is not considered a mod as it doesn't help with the power of the engine? Because I need to sue Mitsubishi and all car makers why they ask us car owners to pay for a useless piece of equipment if it is just for cooling. Actually cooling what exactly leh? Put a cheap plastic fan there can cool already maa ... lighter some more .. why need put a useless piece of equipment there and still need put fan to cool that equipment somemore ..

So your suggestion is that i need to change to a Stock Evo IX turbo to get extra power ... but u suggest find & install AFAIK MIVEC head to my CP9A? AFAIK shop at where ah? KL? PJ? Got address or not?

Last edited:
ya la bro, radiator is nothing only..just water + some coolant inside.. intercooler is even worse, empty!

tomei n hks or owen turbo don't need to sell...TD05 the best turbo

chill la guys, let him be. wait for him get his car then see what he TCSS. keep on reading those US forums...got a lot of good info there but, when doing research online, you cant just take one or 2 person word for it esp from another country, not everyting will apply here.. need to do lots and lots of research and get a lot of opinions to come up with a conclusion and this also wont be bullet proof or guaranteed... i learn so much more from the sifus here in ZTH, who answer properly and not by critisizing or sarcasm. dont be so naive to think those US forums are all god cause they ACT as if they know their sh@#....something like what you are doing. i still got a lot to learn too....the faster you admit that, the easier it is to learn and absorb knowledge.

my target is only 300whp++, if it is as simple as you say ah bro, by now my car long time hit already... ill do it on dyno dynamics @ millenium and update

from page 1 until now, i can see this brian didi trying to be smart alec....actually here in ZtoH, if u don try to be smart, we can share our knowledge and experience in performance cars and learn to setup your car. this is good, when u finish yr SPM and maybe your dad can let u buy a wajalution or even satrialution...at least u know how and what to do....at least got some sifus here to assist.

since now u trying to brag and tell donkey stories...mostly cut n paste stuffs...u made yourself a fool and slowly u will realized how foolish u r......nothing wrong to admit u r an evo fans and wish to own an evo soon...work hard for it.

thats all i can say to u, mr little boy boy....

SO back to topic do you think 9 is worth the extra cash or 7 & 8 are good enough as long as they are in good condition?

Also does 8MR offer much better handling over 8GSR for those who actually driven both...

P.S I saw an EVO 8 MR GSR in GT5 (yes GT5) and noticed it has more power than EVO 8 GSR & EVO 9, like around 320bhp, did they actually increased the power in later revisions of 8 coz i read somewhere it has some slight increase?

Last edited:
Wow this kid getting too much day by day hahaha, one advise to this clever kid.....theory and real life is not the same thing...i am an engineer, i know perfectly what i meant...even when you already owned a SUPER POWERFULL evo one day, no body will be interested to join or be friend with you due to this bragging and no body know better than u attitude,,,may be u can invite those overseas owner to come bring their evo and have TT with you IF the want haha....i as one of the proud but low knowledge about evo in malaysia really looking forward for your future evo, mabe Evo 22.5 MR that time???

now everyone can read anythin on internet and become experts..

wiki much?

we should stop here, not very nice to continue hamtam ppl. cheers !!

potato, evo 7, 8, and 9 are all good. they are all worth the money for themselves.

talk about handling: evo 7, 8, 9 not much different to me. anyway, most ppl change to after market suspension & anti-roller bar. so, ori setting doesn't really matter.

talk about power: i personally cannot really differentiate the power between evo 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 during convoy. unless you going track and take best lap time. we are not full time pro racer anyway.

major difference between 7 & 8 = 5 speed vs 6 speed.
major difference between 8 & 9 = extra mivec head for evo9.

you need to decide yourself which one you would go for. i see no regret for any of them either evo 7 8 or 9.

if you got the intention to do major modification, i think evo9 mivec head slightly harder to source, in case you need them for whatsoever reason. also the after market ECU and cam are different. correct me if i am wrong.

otherwise, there are plenty of engine kosong or complete engine from halfcut shop.
engine from evo 5, 6, 7, 8 are all almost similar.

just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom