What is your first car?

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
My first car is my current car. Old faithful satria. No money to buy impreza, evo, skyline, all the vtec2 hatches. Not willing to see car thieves "borrowing" them without my permission too... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks like rules and regulations are not strictly enforced in Indonesia. Good for those who like to mod cars but probably bad when it comes to other matters.

So, welding and cutting the chassis is also legal then? Because if you are doing 4WD conversion from FWD, a lot of welding needs to be done to the floorpan to accommodate the 4WD shaft and rear differential.
Well since we don't need to bring the car for real physical inspection, so yeah anything can be done.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
few points ya, some cars wana convert dont even need to modify the floorplan.... its just not allowed here...

k20 eg/ek still within the 25% ruling mah, 1.6*1.25=2000 ngam ngam muat... its just protons other than perdanas and inspiras which are not allowed to do so. One thing that confuses me is jpj does not allow you to modify the mountings (if im not wrong) a b>k series conversion completely rotates the engine and uses custom mounts.... why allowed pulak(i think most here use the hasport mounts)

ohh yeah, i think there is a rulling that allows one to go over 25%, theres a form for these conversions. (otherwise ppl with 1.8 bmw's cannot convert to the 6 potter 2.5 models easily)
Thanks for all these info. Learned something new from you today. :biggrin:

Since you talk about mounting, even for Perdana engine swap, you need to mod the mountings as well isn't it. Like for Perdana SEI 4G63 SOHC to V6 6A12 or from Perdana V6 6A12 to 4G63T.

What surprises me is all of a sudden, you said there is a form to go over 25%. If so, what's with the 25% rule in the first place. :banghead: Or perhaps a certain amount of fees is needed to get this special form.

My first car is my current car. Old faithful satria. No money to buy impreza, evo, skyline, all the vtec2 hatches. Not willing to see car thieves "borrowing" them without my permission too... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Woah, senior member like you also suddenly join in this thread. Just 30 post since 2010 but made an appearance here, hahaha. :biggrin:

Well since we don't need to bring the car for real physical inspection, so yeah anything can be done.
It sounds like America where people just mod and swap engines crazily as they wish. They'll try to plonk in a V8 into whatever random cars from what I saw before at youtube. Always the typical "V8 Swap".

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Renesis nope. My wira was new. Driven 11 years. Rusted roof, rusted hood, rusted boot, jammed rear brakes, automatic and shit loads of other problems. Oh did I mentioned haunted? Yeah I did.

Only used car I ever bought is my current STD

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Renesis nope. My wira was new. Driven 11 years. Rusted roof, rusted hood, rusted boot, jammed rear brakes, automatic and shit loads of other problems. Oh did I mentioned haunted? Yeah I did.

So at the end you sold that off and got your green Sharon Wira?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

haunted!? :confused::hmmmm2::afraid:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Thanks for all these info. Learned something new from you Since you talk about mounting, even for Perdana engine swap, you need to mod the mountings as well isn't it. Like for Perdana SEI 4G63 SOHC to V6 6A12 or from Perdana V6 6A12 to 4G63T.

What surprises me is all of a sudden, you said there is a form to go over 25%. If so, what's with the 25% rule in the first place. :banghead: Or perhaps a certain amount of fees is needed to get this special form.
hmmm... yup mountings have to go. I always assumed, that it was alright for one to muck about with evos in perdanas (even if the base was the v6) since that model was at one stage available in similar configuration....

about the 25% capacity limit, it seems to be a thing. Engine change application, category 2.
http://www.jpj.gov.my/web/eng/guidelines-to-apply-for-change-of-engine
*i have heard that it's very difficult to tukar nama after a conversion like this (e.g. 1jz in a bmw or such). Some say kene tukar balik to a beemer engine, tukar milik, then tukar balik to your frankenstein (which frankly sounds abit ridiculous/stupid to me)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hmmm... yup mountings have to go. I always assumed, that it was alright for one to muck about with evos in perdanas (even if the base was the v6) since that model was at one stage available in similar configuration....

about the 25% capacity limit, it seems to be a thing. Engine change application, category 2.
http://www.jpj.gov.my/web/eng/guidelines-to-apply-for-change-of-engine
*i have heard that it's very difficult to tukar nama after a conversion like this (e.g. 1jz in a bmw or such). Some say kene tukar balik to a beemer engine, tukar milik, then tukar balik to your frankenstein (which frankly sounds abit ridiculous/stupid to me)
So, for Perdana V6 to 4G63T, mounting mods is allowed by JPJ?

Speaking of 1JZ BMW, there is one 1JZ E39 5 series on sale here. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461744

I have a friend who bought a 318i E36 3 series recently. He was into changing to 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE. I guess I better tell him about changing names issue in JPJ.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
So, for Perdana V6 to 4G63T, mounting mods is allowed by JPJ?

Speaking of 1JZ BMW, there is one 1JZ E39 5 series on sale here. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461744

I have a friend who bought a 318i E36 3 series recently. He was into changing to 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE. I guess I better tell him about changing names issue in JPJ.
hoho duno how true it islah (about the tukar nama part for cars like the beemer) but thats what people tell me.... then again last year when i was looking around, i called a few of these kinds of cars, owners usually say tadak problem

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i got a stupid question...
i really wanna know briefly what is the purpose to install Vafc or Safc?
is it up HP or ????
hope master here can let me learn more about this.
thanks a lot!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience