ZTH TTA Round 1: Post Event Comments

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
hello pdreams :) shy to say that i think my car is the lousiest car on track, a stock Satria Gti R3(no.24)

Last edited:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
hello pdreams :) shy to say that i think my car is the lousiest car on track, a stock Satria Gti R3(no.24)
dont say that man... i still look up to the Satria R3, one of the best build cars by Proton & R3... and one of the best track performing cars... Cheers buddy !

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi Yee,

No such thing as shy or not shy. Important thing we are all trying our best to improve on the timings, be open-minded and enjoy motoring.

Never personally sat in an R3 but believe its quite capable to do low 2m50s kind of timing. Not sure if I am right though but I would think it would still be a blast around circuits.

Cheers

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
yee,
don't la say lousy car, hahah, I had a hand developing that car in 2004. :congrats:I applaud you for taking it to track, as out of the 150 built, sad to say only about 30% of them are taken to track :hmmmm2:. Sad as R3's intent with that car was for track kakis.

Timing wise, a std Satria R3 posted 2 56 back in 2004, with Faidzil Alang behind the wheel (it's mentioned in the brochure). Nowadays some R3 track regulars claim to do low 2 '50. Of course, pdreams would demand data for proof before believing the times :wink:

BTW Guys keep the comments regarding the TTA coming. The organisers want to improve, where we can.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Hello AxxeLL, pdreams, and Faisal: Thank you for all the compliments, i really appreciate it. :proud: what i meant "lousy" was becos it's consider one of the most stock modified and low horse power car running on this Time Attack, as the engine remain untouched at all.

I was quite happy about the timing achieved. Especially during Session 1 and Session 2, when i have to run with a set of Toyo R888 (remaining tread depth bout 1.5mm) on the wet circuit, which initially i don't even have the courage to drive with semi slicks on rainy days. However, when the track dries up, my timing became non competitive. No matter what..I'm always happy with the overall balance of the car. :smile:

Hi Faisal: It would be great if you could share a bit more precious information with me, since you're one of the guy involved in the development of the Satria R3. Your info meant a lot to me for my bench mark in future. If i remember correctly, stock timing for SR3 in Sepang was 2m55s as stated in the website. However, may i know when the SR3 was clocking 2m55s, were there any weight deduction being done? or 100% stock showroom condition(even rims and tires are stock)? Because, no matter how hard i tried, I've only able to clock into 2m55s with a R888 and adjustable suspension previously(with passenger), and i can feel the car has been pushed almost to the limit already. After installing a Cusco 1.5 way LSD, together with a Mivec final drive, i only managed to clock into high 2m53s.(timing not in this event)

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

I'm thinking whether the best timing on "wet" session will be posted, as there are many of the participants missed out the last "damp" session. It will look fair for them, and it can also be used as a record for "wet" timing.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
OFF TOPIC

Hi Faisal: It would be great if you could share a bit more precious information with me, since you're one of the guy involved in the development of the Satria R3. Your info meant a lot to me for my bench mark in future. If i remember correctly, stock timing for SR3 in Sepang was 2m55s as stated in the website. However, may i know when the SR3 was clocking 2m55s, were there any weight deduction being done? or 100% stock showroom condition(even rims and tires are stock)?
Yeah it was 2 55. my mistake ( 6 years is a long time). The time was done on a stock car, full interior etc but the driver wasn't stock la. R3 works driver, Faidzil Alang alone is worth at least 2 seconds in any car, at least

Anyway this is going way off topic. PM me if you want any info.

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
yee,
don't la say lousy car, hahah, I had a hand developing that car in 2004. :congrats:I applaud you for taking it to track, as out of the 150 built, sad to say only about 30% of them are taken to track :hmmmm2:. Sad as R3's intent with that car was for track kakis.

Timing wise, a std Satria R3 posted 2 56 back in 2004, with Faidzil Alang behind the wheel (it's mentioned in the brochure). Nowadays some R3 track regulars claim to do low 2 '50. Of course, pdreams would demand data for proof before believing the times :wink:

BTW Guys keep the comments regarding the TTA coming. The organisers want to improve, where we can.
Hi Faisal,

Interesting to know you were involved with the development of the R3.

Actually with regards to the R3, I would not demand data because I actually do not know much about the performance of the car. :)

But one who seeks to go faster should look at datalogging to help themselves given how inexpensive simple systems have become. At least my previous colleagues, some of whom were "pool" drivers at the Nurburgring and have help developed some interesting cars such as the IS-F and LF-A believe so.

Definitely, everyone is looking forward to the next TTA.

Cheers

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
pdreams, nice vid. tks for sharing :biggrin:

kirayamato

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
pdreams, nice video there from you. personally, i do like the way u steer ur steering and shifting gears. smooth and steady. thumbs up for u.

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
pdreams, nice vid. tks for sharing :biggrin:
Hi mate,

Thanks for the compliments.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

pdreams, nice video there from you. personally, i do like the way u steer ur steering and shifting gears. smooth and steady. thumbs up for u.
Hi kirayamato,

You are too kind.

A pity I had to go back to Sg as it was turning late and thus missed the much drier session for the TTA. Was looking forward to run at speed with a Spoon ECU.

Hopefully I can do some better vids for Round 2 of the TTA.

Cheers

kirayamato

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Hi mate,

Thanks for the compliments.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Hi kirayamato,

You are too kind.

A pity I had to go back to Sg as it was turning late and thus missed the much drier session for the TTA. Was looking forward to run at speed with a Spoon ECU.

Hopefully I can do some better vids for Round 2 of the TTA.

Cheers
Haha...too bad for you then. shud have booked a hotel room here and enjoy the entire session of TTA.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
wahseh...sounds damn fun lar!whn is Round 2 kambing?eh,i mean coming?heard frm a lil bird it'll b on 25th July 2010?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

JPJ To Go After Illegally Modified Kancil And Satria

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 19 (Bernama) -- The Road Transport Department (JPJ) will go after Kancil and Satria which have been illegally modified, said its director-general Datuk Emran Kadir.

He said JPJ would also take action against owners of motorcycles and other vehicles with similar modifications, which are against the Road Transport Act 1987.

A studied carried out by JPJ showed that vehicles like Kancil and Satria had been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience