ZTH TTA Round 1: Post Event Comments

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi all,

Started a thread for participants to have their say on the event.

Thought it would be good if we have some feedback so that the organisers can do an even better job than round 1.

Some comments on the event
- Registration was neat and efficient
- Briefing was clear

Things that could be improved
- Allocation of pits to be adhere to (Saw "instructors" parking their cars in the pits meant for TTA participants, no idea why)
- Queue of cars for TA to follow timing (no random cutting queue)
- Participants should be advised that even in their outlap, they should be going at pace

Given that this was the first time, hiccups were to be expected. Do hope that each class can have at least 2-3 sessions per hour next time.

Regarding the TTA itself, timing was quite slow for track conditions for the day. Guess most participants were not used to driving in the wet or that dry conditions had flattered their timing. Anyone who saw session 1 timing results would be able to understand what I meant.

Video of event from my car.

YouTube- ZTH TTA Sepang 9 May 2010 Round 1

Do give some comments if available, good or bad.

Cheers

Last edited:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
It's messy. They should have stick to the class. That we we don;t get in the way of faster cars. Marshall should have put a stiffer penalty to those are not following the rules.

Hope they can improve this by the next time attack event

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
May be due to the heavy rain & delay timing from SIC (come on SIC u r a F1/FIA track standard leh!!!), next time may be can try to do it a full day event. ie Morning for the turbo or super cars then afternoon for the N/A power or k-car. As to made sure every 1 hv time to do the runs & some buffer zone for any hiccups. Also for the ppl who run in morning also hv time to check out others event of the day ie the PS2/3 games!!!

Also can we split out the street & "track" car.... on the fare side about the car weight.

Anyway, that was a good 1st time event for some of us, & hope next round will be better!!!

For the super car ppl u guys r POWER lah.... better then just buy the cars & park under the basement or valet infront of the 5 stras HOTEL... SALUT!!

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
some of the participant's transponder wasn't working, including myself, and we've been told to change it and run again with other class. After i've changed the transponder, i actually have problem stepping on the gas and brake paddle when i was driving, cos my shoes were all wet and slippery. I apologize if i caused any problems during my run. There were even participants who didn't get informed they have a faulty transponder, and lap time wasn't captured for the whole Time Attack session.

Also, Special Thanks to those unconcerned people who parked their "show car" in the participants assigned pit, and i've even seen vehicle blocking the rear entrance to avoid participants to park their car in. Participants kept rounding and rounding to look for parking, can you imagine how frustrating it was when we'll have to spend few rounds to look for a place to pit in during a rainy days? Dude..I'm sorry to say, but If ur not participating and yet so afraid to parked ur car outside under the rain...pls keep it at home.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Yee,
"Dude..I'm sorry to say, but If ur not participating and yet so afraid to parked ur car outside under the rain...pls keep it at home" <--- good or should add in under the hot sun too.

Ooo forgot to add they also should inform us 1st hand which is the pit for the diffrent group. So all the participant can go to the pit direct. no need to cari2 & jam later...

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
bluetaxi: They actually mentioned about the assigned pit for each class on the briefings. Anyway, how was ur run?? good ?

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
ya it was in the briefings... but we can be inform few days earlys... then no need to be kalang kabut next time...

the run time for me was a lost cause... NOT GOOD... need better skill in the rain/wet track!!!

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
bluetaxi: They actually mentioned about the assigned pit for each class on the briefings.
Just to add to Yee's answer later on.

They did assigned the pit to us. Was running in NA-R class. Pit 22 was the assigned pit but HPC "Instructors" had parked their cars there. Perhaps they were not informed cos they seemed oblivious to it. When I tapped the horn lightly for them to move away they just "shoo" me to pit 23, since it was empty when there were no cars there. Then when there were cars there, like what was mentioned, had to go round and round.

How many sessions were there in total actually? Left after session 2. Had heard over the PA that there was some free for all class session. After all the delays and traffic during the hot laps, just decided to start packing up for Singapore.

Hope to be around again at round 2. If you guys are competing then, perhaps we could all meet up.

Cheers:burnout:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Hey buddies,
Round 2 would be tentatively in July… but wait for the confirmation from HPC & Zerotohundred.com official announcements... Cheers!

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Yeap i think we all get to run 2 rounds, then later is free for all. Also may be the HPC "Instructors" also doing know the pit been located to ppl in the noon time.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Bluetaxi: ahh..car number 63, sti version 8... :)

pdreams: watched almost all your videos in youtube :) nice driving.. by the way..ur car no.3 on the TTA ??

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Bluetaxi: ahh..car number 63, sti version 8... :)

pdreams: watched almost all your videos in youtube :) nice driving.. by the way..ur car no.3 on the TTA ??
Hi Yee,

Yes, my car was no.3 NA-R.

Thanks for the compliments on the video. Hope to see you around next TTA event.

What car are you driving by the way?

Cheers

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, I'm not sure if I open this at the correct section, if no, Mod pls let me know. =)

This is the seller:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/368407-rx7-re-amemiya-bodykit.html

1 or 2 years ago i contacted him for Gt wing and rear bumper, and i met an accident where my custom rear bumper koyak d, to avoid hassle and save time, i decided to get a plug and play bumper from him, but when i call him this morning, the phone number changed owner...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience