zth car wash for charity?

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
as in as in tis thread, alantan's college had a charity car wash LINK
do u think we cud make our own zth charity car wash?
will it be too much trouble..?
as i noe collecting funds..will need a license or sumtin..
i'd be happy to volunteer to wash the cars..
any more volunteer?
and i hope it wudnt be too late to contribute to the victims.. :(

elaine2284

1,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2004
Cheras, KL
Visit site
mentioned to TOM about this matter....

some of the places might take into consideration..
-> extreme park
-> sunway industrial area (behind pyramid)
-> D'sara perdana Syed abu

anothing.. water supply & water compressor..... that would be perfect if we can get it sponsorred....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Hhmm.... okei, I'll share with you on my thoughts on this but they're solely just opinions and suggestions and thoughts.

We'll need some kind of sponsorship. The car wash washing liquids (soap, etc.) are not that expensive per bottle, but if we're going to wash lots of cars, 4X4's, etc. then we're going to need lots of it and when there's lots of car wash soaps, there's bound to be money involved. Thus, perhaps some kind of sponsorship would be good.

Washing material like washing cloth, drying cloth, sponge, etc. would have to be stuff that's meant for use on cars. Careful handling of customer's cars would also have to be taken into serious consideration. However, some customer's could be just assholes. You know la, some people never notice a scratch on their car and after washing, they come and say, "Hey, you scratched my car!" You know, that kind of people.

Water supply would probably be the most important of all. I think the place that we use to perform this charity wash would be the place to provide the water. Some sort of an agreement would have to be worked out with the owner of the place to use their water and their place. Once that's worked out, we've also got to figure out how to distribute the water supplies so as to have multiple sources. This will allow more cars to be washed at once.

Drying area. I think a shaded area would be required so as not to leave water stains on the cars. Also, we may need to consider vacuum services as well, if we're planning to provide vacuum services. Once we've erected the drying area, we may want to consider "drivers" to drive the cars from the washing area to the drying area. This is to that those who wash the cars will not need to go into the car. Why so is because the "washers" would most likely be sweaty / half wet / splashed with water / etc. so it wouldn't be quite a good idea to get into the customer's car.

Payment counter. Someone trustworthy would have to be the cashier. We may also need to bring some chairs / stools / etc. for customer's to sit down while their rides are being washed.

These are just some thoughts that goes through my head about this thread.

Since elaine2284 mentioned about extreme park, I think that's one of the best place to have it. The Sunway Petting Zoo (located inside Extreme Park itself) is a good place. Why?

1) Big and spacious car park, but under the hot sun! hehe

2) There's a roofed cafe for customer's to rest, drink, eat a bit while their rides are being washed. There's also large fans with fine water spray to cool the place. This saves us to bring chairs. The payment counter can also be located there for ease of payment and not so hot also.

3) The customer's can visit the Sunway Petting Zoo while having their car washed. hehe

4) "Free" publicity for Sunway Petting Zoo, which from the way I see it, is not popular even after 1 year of operations.

5) Location is away from main road, heavy traffic or any kind of traffic so the charity wash probably won't cause much traffic woes. Well, unless we get like a few hundred cars coming in, then I have to shut my mouth on this point liao. hehehe

Moving on, perhaps these are some ways we could work it out.
1) Come to an agreement with Sunway Extreme Park management to provide the water and a section of the car park.

2) A good time frame to pass flyers around or advertise in the papers would be a good move to gain publicity.

3) Tabulate a price range for different type of vehicles like those you see in car wash places. For example,
- Car : Wash only = RM7
- Car : Wash and vacuum = RM9
- Car : Wash, vacuum, and engine wash = RM12
- Car : Wash, vacuum, one round of spin in BlackHowling's 500bhp Supra = RM20
- Car : Wash, vacuum, one round of drifting in ninja_iga's Titanized Kancil = RM18
- Car : Wash, vacuum, ride in a 4X4 and see how Satira_95 crush rempits LIVE before the customer's eyes = RM30 (rain coat with hood and goggles provided in case blood splatters all over the place)

Hope that helps a little. I'll help out with the washing.... of the lady customers in a private bathroom and it comes FREE with any car wash package. Only applicable to "hot" ladies who needs to "cool down". hahahaha

sempoi

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
:lol: :lol: :lol:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Originally posted by X-pression+Jan 23 2005, 01:16 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (X-pression @ Jan 23 2005, 01:16 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-satria_95@Jan 22 2005, 22:27
Hope that helps a little. I'll help out with the washing.... of the lady customers in a private bathroom and it comes FREE with any car wash package. Only applicable to "hot" ladies who needs to "cool down". hahahaha
:lol: :lol: n this is for CHARITY SAKE..... [/b][/quote]
X-pression,
Erm... okei okei. Understood. Sorry, yeah hehehe
I'll charge RM10 to wash "hot" lady customers who wants to "cool down" hehehe You want to help out if there's too many "hot" lady customers? hehehe

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
ask Ldragon to bring out the hypertune girls to wash the car lar!!! :lol:

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
alrite we need some bikini's girls as well...

hmmm..regarding water issue...

we can find some hot spot area....
best is infront of some restaurant...so we nego with te restaurant boss about teh water issue....says its charity nia....

then.....because its charity,....

we suppose to fork out the soap,cloths,pales from our own house..

it's alos charity rite.just a lil contribution....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Originally posted by alexz@Jan 23 2005, 02:02
ask Ldragon to bring out the hypertune girls to wash the car lar!!! :lol:
If that happens, the entire malaysia will come for the charity. We will then need to organize traffic police to control the traffic also. Traffic jam from Penang to KL. hahaha

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
..tat's a lot of work needed to make it happen..
and by 26th?..tat's kinda of a slim chance..
and we're still here oni doin the talking..
how? :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,1 of my fren jz told me tat he saw an ALFA 156GTA win skyline 34,RX7(FD) & HONDA EK9 at KLIA highway!! erm..my 1st responce is EK9 maybe,but R34?!!!! Wtf man?! Im not sure tat de fello is sin ka ont..Wat u guys tink?My fren said de guy has an ALFA 156GTA 3.2cc with v8(quard-camp) & 520bhp.By the way,if 520bhp 4 alfa,i tink oni available 4 Alfa 33 Sports Prototypes.Anyway,im also an alfa supporter n im not tat believed 156GTA can modify till liddis besides track car la,right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience