Zero Positive Pressure

Jul 2, 2011
Sydney
hey guys,

I had been driving all day 1000km highway driving.. stopped for a break and when i started driving again i noticed that the standard turbo in my evo 8 wasnt spooling up. the boost gauge was reading vacuum pressure but when i put my foot down, i noticed the gauge wasnt going any higher then just under zero psi.

I have inspected the vacuum and pressure lines within the engine bay. None of which have any splits in them.. I have inspected the compressor blades of the turbo inlet side for restrictions of the turbine and oil leaks coming from the turbo. Turbine spins freely and no sign of oil leaks. zero axial play of turbine.

I tested the blow off valve and its working fine, but obvisously without the boost pressure the blow off valve affect is minimal.. I have pressure tested the wastegate actuator, ensuring the control rod moves when pressure is applied and i have removed the boost solenoid from the system and plugged the hose straight to the waste gate actuator, taking the solenoid out of the system and still no change.

As far as i can see the intercooler piping is still connected. Next guess might be a leak in the exhaust piping after the turbo, including the dump pipe, cat converter etc.. Is there any way i can test the turbo without removing it if its an internal fault?

I have a HKS TBE, gReddy Intercooler and Lower piping Kit, GFB Blow Off valve, ECU tek Flash, Standard Airbox

Any ideas would be appreciated...

cheers

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
power level?a lot of drop or not?

have u tried with another boost meter?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Turbo taking too long to spool,too much turbo lag.Turbo is original TD04 from EVOIII engine 4G63T.This is quite small,I cannot understand why it is taking so long to initiate.I have deduced it is one of three things,either the turbo is damaged(I don't know how),my exhaust is leaking between the head and the turbo(I should hear something if this is the case) or last...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience