you are not alone when u sleep...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

acura

Drifter & Racer
dustmit3.jpg

dust mites!!! GROss but TRUe huaRGH!!!

• House dust mites are microscope bugs that primarily live on dead skin cells regularly shed from humans and their animal pets.
  • A typical mattress can contain tens of thousands of dust mites
  • Nearly 100,000 mites can live in one square yard of carpet
  • A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside.
  • Ten percent of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings
  • Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it.

Are they harmful?

• NOt really harmful... but isint it GROSS??
  • induces allergic reactions
  • triggers rhinitis allergica or bronchial asthma

HOW TO CONTROL??

Control of dust mites can be difficult, time-consuming and expensive. For people who are extremely sensitive, the following measures should be taken<B>:
</B>
  • Enclose mattresses, box springs and pillows in zippered allergen- and dust-proof covers.
  • Wash bedding materials, including pillow cases, sheets, blankets and mattress pads every other week in hot water (130 °F).
  • Eliminate or reduce fabric wall hangings such as tapestries or pennants.
  • Purchase stuffed toys that are machine washable.
  • Avoid using curtains, drapes or blinds on windows. Use plastic shades instead.
  • Remove carpeting from the bedroom of the allergic person and replace it with tile or wooden floors.
  • Replace upholstered furniture with wooden or plastic furniture.
  • Vacuum often with a vacuum cleaner provided with a high efficiency purifying air (HEPA) filtration system. Throw away vacuum bags after use because dust mites can leave the bag.
ARE U AFRAID NOW?? :P :P

That's why Mr. Baygon is always next to me... spray for 5 mins and let it be before going to bed...

i actually am paranoid of dust mites. when i use to study in sydney i stayed at a service apartment which was fully furnished. The thought of sleeping in a bed occupied by i dunno how many god damn people i actually took out the matress and dumped it into my washing machine. Since we all know mattresses are huge and no way one would fit into a washing machine i squeezed in half and let it wash. Boiled water and filled it then turned the mattress over and redid the other side. Used clorox disinfectant (the best stuff) to disinfect the whole house including tv and remotes switches. I bought so many dustmite killer spray cans i think the cashier at COLES though i ran my own cleaning service. Got too expensive so decided to get steam cleaner (which of course killed everything). IMHO your best bet would be the rainbow water vacuum. Only setback is it costs 7k.

ps: i still carry a can of clorox disinfectant everywhere i go.

There're a lot of bacteria stick on your fingertips when you touch the keyboard. So please don't type.

phat7 said:
i actually am paranoid of dust mites. when i use to study in sydney i stayed at a service apartment which was fully furnished. The thought of sleeping in a bed occupied by i dunno how many god damn people i actually took out the matress and dumped it into my washing machine. Since we all know mattresses are huge and no way one would fit into a washing machine i squeezed in half and let it wash. Boiled water and filled it then turned the mattress over and redid the other side. Used clorox disinfectant (the best stuff) to disinfect the whole house including tv and remotes switches. I bought so many dustmite killer spray cans i think the cashier at COLES though i ran my own cleaning service. Got too expensive so decided to get steam cleaner (which of course killed everything). IMHO your best bet would be the rainbow water vacuum. Only setback is it costs 7k.

ps: i still carry a can of clorox disinfectant everywhere i go.

hahah
i bought the Osim one... dunnt if it works.. but i vacum my bet.. :P

acbc said:
That's why Mr. Baygon is always next to me... spray for 5 mins and let it be before going to bed...

heh heh...do that often enough and you too will be like the bugs you sprayed on.......apart from vacuming and stuff bed bug canalso be eliminated with Ultra Violet......ie the sun! there, free and healtier than baygon

Last edited:
i dont think there's any chance u can live without them unless ur in some very high tech facilities where hygiene is the no1 priority bla bla bla

i dont feel like sleeping anymore..
it's better to walk around and not sleep...
:(
shit.. it's so scary

nope..
i was just watching oprah.. then i tot u guys might wanna noe abt it .. hehe

glad to know i'm never alone when i'm sleeping... ahahhaa..

haha... beware of the person standing beside u when u r asleep.. :D

gloss said:
haha... beware of the person standing beside u when u r asleep.. :D

Haha then the light will on and off automatically rite? :P

then many smoke appear, green light seen shinning ard the room... things flying everywhere... music box started singing.. bed starts shaking hard......

RING... RING... RING... alarm sound. its morning, woke up notice that under all wet... wet dream laz nite.... :D

Top Bottom