wut is the most suitable gearbox oil for manual FD3S

SnooK_B

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Damansara
www.mudah.com.my
please list down wut nomaly gearbox oil for manual transmission 3rd generation a.k.a FD3S 93-95 model...please list down yall comment and specific type of gearbox oil...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i use redline with no problems. Its especially better for cars with lsd like ours. Change out every year just cause its cheap and you have peace of mind.;)

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
How much per liter?

phat7 said:
i use redline with no problems. Its especially better for cars with lsd like ours. Change out every year just cause its cheap and you have peace of mind.;)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
just use mt90 redline for gearbox. what oils are you using now for gearbox and differential? whats is the viscosity? If you want to know more kindly read up redlineoil.com available in kL if you really need to know.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
phat7 said:
just use mt90 redline for gearbox. what oils are you using now for gearbox and differential? whats is the viscosity? If you want to know more kindly read up redlineoil.com available in kL if you really need to know.
Mate... u also use redline for the differential ka? thats kinda ex rite? i heard from some *reliable* sources that u dont really need super ex oils for the tranny...??

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi joe,

i've used some really good oils and realy shitty ones (when its too late at the workshop-you know the drill) the difference is night and day. I've helped a couple of people complaining bout the 5th synchro on the fd with redline.

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7,
How much are those redline tranny oils?

phat7 said:
hi joe,

i've used some really good oils and realy shitty ones (when its too late at the workshop-you know the drill) the difference is night and day. I've helped a couple of people complaining bout the 5th synchro on the fd with redline.

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Price of Redline

Redline oils are about RM50 per bottle where 1 bottle is just under 1 litre.

I use MT90 redline oil in the gearbox with good success in that gear changes are very smooth - you need about 3 bottles from memory. I also use redline gear oil 75W90 in thr differential which is about 1.3L capacity.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car-1991 mit galant super saloon

doin a corner n feel the rear swinging n the front like...... understeeer. not sure also but i know very dangerous if continue to take corners wif such suspension.
so experts.....wat suggestion of Titan suspension system to improve? giv price also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience