Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

{wts}HKS Circle Grounding Cable

Mark X

Known Member
Feb 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
HKS Grounding Wire

Electrical resistance, as in the tendency for wires - all wires - to impede the flow of electricity through them to some degree.

A good grounding systems from the battery to chassis is very important for the proper operation of your entire electrical system.

A proper ground, believe it or not, will also aid in your engine iidling properly, and that a proper spark gets to the spark plug.

A proper ground will also ensure that your starter will work properly and will actually help lengthen its life.

So, why should an automotive performance enthusiast be interested in electrical resistance? Shouldn't we be more concerned about other types of resistance, like the mechanical resistance of moving engine parts or resistance against airflow? Well, yes and no. Obviously, your ride isn't going anywhere if your pistons are grinding against your cylinder walls, but from a pure performance perspective, it'd be wrong to ignore your electrical system, especially since it includes some of the most fundamental components of a modern engine. And the most fundamental element of your car's electrical system is its grounding.

Everything involving your car's electrical system - from nice, fat sparks in your ignition system to nice, fat bass in your sub woofers - requires a free flow of electrons to and from the battery. Good electrical performance requires a grounding system that's prepared to take a lot of current with minimal resistance. Your spark plugs, lights, fans, stereo, air conditioner, cigarette lighter, and so on all benefit from an elaborate electrical network that includes fuses, relays, and high-quality electrical cabling. They all share a common ground, however, and all too often a stock (there's that word again!) grounding system consists of just a couple of skinny braided cables that connect the chassis and engine to your battery's negative terminal. As these sorry connections rust out or come loose over time, the amount of conductive material decreases. This leads to resistance, as your car's electricity is forced to travel over less material. It's not unlike traffic: four lanes definitely accommodate more traffic than two. As your grounding wires deteriorate, resistance increases and all your electrical devices have to work that much harder to overcome that resistance. Even brand new cars can have problems with inadequate grounding, especially if you've installed lots of aftermarket electronics.

If you're like me and want the ultimate in everything, you'll want to consider a set of high quality grounding cables. Notice that I said cables, not wires. These mothas are thick: they're insulated 4-gauge braided copper for the ultimate in low resistance. Definitely heavy-duty stuff. Think of them as a multi-lane superhighway for electrons. They look great, too!

Chicks Dig 'Em:biggrin:
Chicks love well-grounded vehicles.

WHAT YOU WILL FEEL?
When you replace your stock grounding wires with the HKS grounding cables, don't be surprised if you notice increased torque, better gas mileage, quicker throttle response, more starting power, a smoother idle, and better sound from your stereo. Best of all, you only spent a little and of course time of an hour to get all those benefits.

IN SHORT: Your grounding wires are the foundation of your car's electrical system. Resistance, in the form of electrical impedance, is the enemy of your car's electrical equipment. High quality grounding cables like those made by Sport Compact Only minimize resistance and help make sure that all of the electrical equipment in your car is performing as well as it can.

Attachments

npk

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Becareful!!!!

If this seller is William Chong (aka Will2328 or levinefi also sells similar accessories)

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...lliam2328.html

Then you guys better BECAREFUL...

Will has used "Mark X" in some other site.

http://www.mysimplifieds.com/user-pr...ang=ms&u=32937

Good to be careful as there are many sellers who are cheaters out there.

I been cheated by Will/Levinefi

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...ium-jasma.html

However, if this Mark X is NOT William Chong, my apologies...

NPK

Mark X

Known Member
Feb 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Sir,

Mr.NPK, whoever you are. I have been selling this item for some time now and so far all are satisfied customers, if you have any problems with the other mark x or william or efi that you have mentioned, please settle your issue with him. I have not seen the other seller before and we may be selling the same things. maybe you want to sell the same items and like to bad mouth me but try not to do so. I believe you owe me an apology too. There are many sellers there, so be careful on your side also.

Regards

npk

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
if this Mark X is NOT William Chong, my apologies...

In any case, a sincere and honest seller will not fret over what I wrote...it's just to caution members/buyers from cheaters.

TQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First Impressions: 2018 Mercedes CLS 450 | 48V EQ Boost & ISG Explained

What's 450, ISG, 48V, EQ Boost?

The CLS450 uses MB's latest generation of electrified, twin charged straight 6 engines, codenamed the M56. There are 2 main reasons why they've...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience