WTB=GTS convert GTR33??check!!

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Hai,any check with all skyline owners,anyone saw GTR33 in any halfcut shop??complete set??engine got mod??How much there selling?market price??complete front and bck..pls reply asap..TQ all senior..:hmmmm:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
hai better buy R33 GTR lor :biggrin:

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
there's one in mudah....not too sure whether it's still there...but it's gonna cost u

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
the one for sale in mudah, the owner is in this forum, hiding somewhere..

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Last year local half cut shop got coming GTR-33 direct frm japan..selling15k front bck..that time i not yet get my skyline..

Last edited:

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
the one in mudah is 10k but without gearbox, someone else is selling r33 gtr gearbox in mudah

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Getting a gtr gearbox and intending to run the 4wd system on gts chassis is going to be "quite" a challenge.

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
bro,wat ur mean ,can explain to me???:hmmmm:

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
Forget it bro, eyong is right. The cost and parts and time to convert to 4WD is too much.

If im not mistaken it involves cutting out the "pillowball mount" area and put in gtr suspension and driveshaft. The floorpan is too small on gtst for gtr transfer case, it has to be cut out as well not to mention the headache of getting attesa to work. The most headache part is maybe the frame rails as it is completely different. I am not sure perhaps other sifu sifu out there who got experience and explain also.

Last time saw it done was a datsun 260z. I ask the mechanic friend whats up with that car, says the owner wants rb26 and AWD and keeps shaking his head. He says its gonna be a pain in the ass but the owner insists he wants AWD. Can see from the eyes of this friend that got money also he is very relunctant to do it. Time flies, car sits in the garage for almost 2 years then one day i went to his garage the car spots rb26, big turbine, shiny injectors, fat intercooler and get this: sequential shifter. Ask the mechanic friend at the shop hows it feel, the friend all shakes head and the mechanic(boss) told me its too scarry to drive on such fragile chasis.

conclusion, it can be done, if your foreman is willing to put up with that kinda work and time and you're willing to pay an amount very close to a new car.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks heterodyne ... Spoken like a sifu ...

Yes, headache is a lot but heartache of cutting the or knocking the floorpan is worse. Can be done but probably better off just go RB26 with strenghten 25 box if insist on the 2.6

:adore:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Yes heterodyne...im agree. I just finished on GTR conversion on R33 body and now my latest project, to convert rb 25 to e46 body...got 2 project in hand...1 down hehe..btw if you wish to convert from rb25 to rb26, normally the transplant is much easier if you maintain the stock rb25 gearbox. Because, if rb26 gearbox, you have to cut at the gearbox floor to run the 4wd...JPJ wont allowed that! May fail during inspection. If rb 25 gearbox, just plug and play but the crucial part is you have to cut the 4wd lock at oil pan area and this thing will take about 2 days to remove it. Other than that, I don’t think any other crucial part for the conversion. Its hard to find GTR r33 unless if you buy from England. We took almost 1 week to complete the transplant (just to install the engine & wiring)...

ngiing - if you intend to convert as per discussed, this are the things you need to standby etc:

1. R33 gtr is the rare spesis, and hard to find the half cut. Normally Japanese will not cut this model (unless if the car meet an accident) and they directly shipping to Europe especially in England country. The market price for half cut GTR R33 now is around 15-17k..Depends on goodies...
2. I would recommend you to take the R32 Gtr instead of R33…Much easier to get and the cost is around 8-10k..
3. Forget about 4wd, you may use back your old gearbox!
4. make sure you reserve an extra money to replace some parts i.e spark plug, etc.
5. Intercooler & exhaust piping blow off (normally they come stock) and replace all oil seal at the engine parts...
6. 2 bottles of full synthetic oil with an extra normal oil & engine flush (both will be use for engine flush).

Hmm other than that, you may contact me through PM..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The good boffins at Winding Road have come up with a metric called Speed per Dollar (SpD). Its aim is to put straight-line vehicle performance into an easy-to-understand financial perspective. In light of the monetary component, the best and worst SpD ratings among the sample cars tested aren't entirely surprising: Ariel Atom at the top, Bugatti Veyron at the bottom. Supercars -- and their super prices -- would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience