WTB: 4G93T 1.8 GDI Halfcut

chengbenny

Sep 15, 2005
Subang Jaya
This is 1.8 GDI Turbo.
Any one can provide comparison between 1.8 GDI Turbo (CS) and 1.8 GSR Turbo (CK).

This is what I found out.

1.8 GSR Turbo got 190bhp/6000rpm and 270Nm/3000rpm and using 4 speed triptronic gearbox
1.8 GDI Turbo got 160bhp/5200rpm and 220Nm/3500rpm using CVT triptronic gearbox and it said had less turbo lag.

My question is
1. Which engine is more durable (especially on the gearbox)
2. Which engine is easier to get spare part
3. Which engine is more responsive and more powerful (stock to stock)
4. What is the price for 1.8 GDI Turbo and 1.8 GSR Turbo?
5. I heard 1.8 GDI Turbo need to modify mounting to fix into Waja and 1.8 GSR Turbo just plug and play. Can we mix the 1.8 GSR Turbo with 1.8 GDI Turbo dashboard, where do we able to buy just the 1.8 GDI Turbo dashboard and how much?

I really like to 1.8 GDI Turbo dashboard but a bit disappointed with the power figure on paper.

Sorry for so many question.
lwteng :

You are absolutely right, the mounting for waja to fix GDI definately need to modify, but for CS3A just plug n play ..

If you want the dashboard, I think I can sell to you on my GLX lancer dashboard. It's quite similar with E789, but the speedometer dunno you can use or not for GSR, need to ask your wiring guys to do something I guess and the semi-auto you would not able to see it in the speedometer... PM me if you interested, I can bring you to the workshop to view ..

lwteng

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
CS is for E7-9 lancer model
CK is for E4-6 lancer model

One is newer and the other one is older but ends up is your decission to choose which one to transplant.

If you concern about HP figure, dun think about 1.8 at all, go straight to Evo engine and will get at least 250HP at a glant.
First it will be very difficult to get JPJ approval for 2.0 engine transplat even with original 1.8 waja.
I feel Evo 4 280hp will easily cause wheel spin because last time I drove saga with VR4 Turbo 200hp manual and it get wheel spin on 1st and 2nd gear with RE01R and AD07 tyre. So I feel evo will be overkill for waja. I drove a Galant VR4 Turbo 200hp auto before and I feel the top end is good enough for me, the major problem is the turbo lag in low rpm.

Personally I feel 190hp for waja is good enough and 160hp I am not sure about it.
So look for those who have driven those car before and give some comment about the performance and maintenance.

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
True waja and most Proton with 200 bhp is more than enough. How bout Lancer ? I think with 280 and Front wheel is actually quite dangerous if the driver dont know how to handle properly or launch their car properly.

On a side note The price for 1.8 and 2.0 is quite similiar nowadays with evos havin complete parts available makin a Lancer convert to an Evo replica possible while doin a 1.8T convert needs to purchase bodyparts seperately.

Any suggesstion on body work for Lancer MX ? I see quite alot of good jobs done on subaru at after12. Anyone have their Lancer done there ? Mind sharing sum price ?

milky8830

Known Member
Jan 22, 2008
hey bro , how's ya engine transplant procedure ? any picture of it ??

chengbenny

Sep 15, 2005
Subang Jaya
hey bro , how's ya engine transplant procedure ? any picture of it ??
The last I heard spraying inprogress, after that send for endorsement... should be ready by next week .. last 2 weeks was away to oversea for works... yesterday just came back and will go and see it later evening .. hahha... dunno how its looks like dy ...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, and all the sifuz here. I would just like to ask about the siemens ecu that comes with the new Satria R3 Gti and the batch of Satria Gtis' after Year 2001. Will it in anyway, affect the Standard power of my Gti if i were to make minor modifications to the car considering the fact that the siemens ecu works best with the stock standard parts of the car? Affect as in will my Gti get lower power, horse power i mean, if i were to make changes to the exhaust and intake system? i've...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience