WTA missing exhaust sensor for BT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

scottwrx

500 RPM
dear all sifus,

i need to ask u guys regarding an exhaust sensor that is situated directly below the armrest / hand brake lever, coz i saw from h/c that there is a wire ( cut already) coming out from the side, according to my mechanic, that is exhaust sensor that is attached to a box ( promate???)... and i saw the other day from a bzr h/c that the sensor is still attached,

my question is

1. what is the purpose of the sensor?
2. can the car run ok without the sensor?
3. will the fc improve if i put in the sensor?
4. where can i find the sensor?

another non related question, i m currently using svt twin muffler, when i measure the piping, it is 2.5 from extractor and 2.3 from catalyt converter, i dunno whether the previous owner has changed the piping diameter or it is standard..

please share some of the knowledge in this, coz i have juz converted and totally new to 4AGE. appreciated

thanx bros!!

Last edited:
there bundles of information about O2 sensor...
have you try to search for it ?

1. what is the purpose of the sensor?

It is the primary measurement device for the fuel control computer in your car to know if the engine is too rich or too lean. The O2 sensor is active anytime it is hot enough, but the computer only uses this information in the closed loop mode. Closed loop is the operating mode where all engine control sensors including the Oxygen sensor are used to get best fuel economy, lowest emissions, and good power.

2. can the car run ok without the sensor?

can...but it will be sluggish...

3. will the fc improve if i put in the sensor?

if the engine already equip with O2 sensor...yes it will improve...

4. where can i find the sensor?

chop shop...mainly...

more details...read it here...20V enthusiast

http://4age20v.blogsome.com/2007/08/06/o2-sensor-oxygen-sensor/

bro.. tat sensor how many wire..

there got 2 sensor under it..
1 is o2 sensor mounted on the extrator- 4 wire i guess
2 is the exhauct temp sensor - 2 wire ( i guess also) mounted on the catalye converter... normally chopshop cut it in order to keep tat catalye converter for besi buruk money.. haha

which 1 u refer to .. hahahahah

hap[py sharing.. dun shoot if wrong.. i guessing only.. hahah

bro.. tat sensor how many wire..

there got 2 sensor under it..
1 is o2 sensor mounted on the extrator- 4 wire i guess
2 is the exhauct temp sensor - 2 wire ( i guess also) mounted on the catalye converter... normally chopshop cut it in order to keep tat catalye converter for besi buruk money.. haha

which 1 u refer to .. hahahahah

hap[py sharing.. dun shoot if wrong.. i guessing only.. hahah

where to get the exhaust temp sensor?
coz my dashboard meter there got this logo, but foreman ald taken out the bulb let it totally no function at all..
how to make the wiring again?

anybody manage to get new o2 sensor for our engine?

pendekar..very expensive ler...i think shud be ard rm500 in japan. if u still wants it, i can source it for you

thats why lerr.........like performance stuff only...
but that thing is not..aiih..........bengang betul!!

if i try source form oversea...sapa mau join the bulk?
:banghead::banghead:

thanx all of you for sharing the knowledge, bro khwong, i m referring to the 2 wire sensor on the catalyc converter....

i check already and found out got 3 sensor in total for intake and exhaust, o2 sensor on the filter box, o2 sensor on the extractor ( 2-1) part and another missing sensor mounted near the catalyc converter.. that is the sensor that i wanna know the function and the effect if engine run without that sensor..

hehe...
thanx again fro sharing bros...

Last edited:
thanx all of you for sharing the knowledge, bro khwong, i m referring to the 2 wire sensor on the catalyc converter....

i check already and found out got 3 sensor in total for intake and exhaust, o2 sensor on the filter box, o2 sensor on the extractor ( 2-1) part and another missing sensor mounted near the catalyc converter.. that is the sensor that i wanna know the function and the effect if engine run without that sensor..

hehe...
thanx again fro sharing bros...

I believe the sensor on the filter box is the AIT (Air Intake Sensor) not O2 sensor...this apply to BT not SVT aaa...

I believe the sensor on the filter box is the AIT (Air Intake Sensor) not O2 sensor...this apply to BT not SVT aaa...

hehehe... sorry ya. coz still new mah...., anyway bro chinozie, can u share with me on the application and the effect for not having the exhaust sensor???

thanx a lot...

scottwrx - have you read the link that i just posted b4 ?

banzai - why so expensive aaaa ? If not mistaken...Alvin bought around RM300++ wor...

if buy online can get USD33 oooO...which around RM110 only...

Pendekar - buy online laaa...reserved 1 unit for me...:proud: :D

Last edited:
hahha....let me digg the link back for it..

scott,exhaust sensor you mean the o2 sensor or exhaust temp sensor?

weh chin<<<:adore::biggrin:

due to currency....now price is rm212 aiih..
wasted nvr buy earlier......long time looking for the link....
only now manage to find it...aduiii

its a 4wire o2 sensor with flange...to fit our car woorr
Lambda Sensors - Cats Direct

postage from UK to UK address
7.5pound....40+

from uk to KL
dunno not sure....

Last edited:
scottwrx - have you read the link that i just posted b4 ?

banzai - why so expensive aaaa ? If not mistaken...Alvin bought around RM300++ wor...

if buy online can get USD33 oooO...which around RM110 only...

Pendekar - buy online laaa...reserved 1 unit for me...:proud: :D

yes bro, i have read the link, but i could not understand some parts...

i also check with my mechanic and my car, there are 3 sensors and 1 is missing, 2 sensors that i have are

one on the air filter box,
another one at the 2-1 piping area
the third one is what i m interested to know,

when i saw the h/c with the sensor, that sensor is is not same with the o2 sensor that u have posted on the link, the locstion of the sensor is after extractor, which is on the piping itself.... and according to bro khwong, he said that one is the exhaust temp sensor

the sensor only got 2 wires, not 4 like the exhaust o2 sensor..

sorry if i m being a noob... quite new to 4AGE

erm..tat was 2 years ago la whn alvin bought it and he bought a compatible wan..not 89465-12440. 500 juz agak2 onli.

guys,

update on the sensor,

i have found the sensor, and the sensor is exhaust temp sensor..the 2 wire green and chocolate colour sensor, directly under the gear lever area, where the catalytic converter supposed to be...

hehee.. has the privileage to meet a sensor sifu.. benedict chung ( anyone heard of him before?)

according to him, if a car is missing one sensor, still can run, but only rely on the default mode ( rich mode) hehe... so higher fuel comsumption loh...

so it is better to get all the sensor working... one more tips i got... most of the o2 exhaust sensor are the same.. e.g ours and wira's... as long as the reading from the multimeter showing the same ohm/same reading(need to find out more).. so dun have to worry on finding the 02 exhaust sensor.. i will find out more and share with u guys... coz i heard him trying wira's sensor on his harrier.. hehe...

how about wiring.. wira o2 sensor also got 4 wire?..

good n greats info to share bro..

thank thanks

i think so lah.. if not how to put into the car, i better i ask my mechanic and see how..

guys,

update on the sensor,

i have found the sensor, and the sensor is exhaust temp sensor..the 2 wire green and chocolate colour sensor, directly under the gear lever area, where the catalytic converter supposed to be...

hehee.. has the privileage to meet a sensor sifu.. benedict chung ( anyone heard of him before?)

according to him, if a car is missing one sensor, still can run, but only rely on the default mode ( rich mode) hehe... so higher fuel comsumption loh...

so it is better to get all the sensor working... one more tips i got... most of the o2 exhaust sensor are the same.. e.g ours and wira's... as long as the reading from the multimeter showing the same ohm/same reading(need to find out more).. so dun have to worry on finding the 02 exhaust sensor.. i will find out more and share with u guys... coz i heard him trying wira's sensor on his harrier.. hehe...

not exactly the same.....4wire have heater in it..the 2wire doesnt have the heater...
there is zirconia type o2 sensor also..bla..bla...
alot info in the net only have to google..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom