[WTA] ECU Terms

CasperR

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wanting to clear my confusion a bit. ECU controls the ignition, rev limit, transient fueling etc. So a better ECU allow more space for a greater mods like horsepower, torque?

And also, what's the difference between ECU reflashing, mapping, tuning etc?

Been reading some GTR/GTT owners' blog and referring back to some reading sources, but they are not detail enough regarding the difference between mapping, reflash etc. Anyone mind to give me a guide? Thanks in advance :biggrin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Reflashing/remapping refers to re-writing over the stock ECU.

If all else being equal the better standalone would have more mapping points/grid/resolution. Eg. HKS F-Con has 32X32 versus Power FC's 20X20

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Later you want to ask about PWM , Input outPut, Map correction factor type
bla bla bla
the more you read the more headache you all

CasperR

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
EJ, so does that means that after reflashing/remapping, for the next steps people usually tune the ECU to suit the drivers purpose?

And if people don't want to reflash/remap, people just go straight for a aftermarket ECU right? (if cash is not an issue of course) :hmmmm:

cmng,
Shall leave that alone at the moment. One step at a time. Learning process :sleep:

Nismo S-Tune,
Agree with that equation :biggrin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
CasperR (the friendly ghost? :biggrin:), reflashing involves overwriting the factory map and loading a new map in - either pre-tuned for basic stuffs like new intake, exhaust, higher boost, ignition timing, a/f, speed cut, etc....

OR it can be re-tuned for that particular car.

Yes, if budget permits, you can opt for full stand alone aftermarket ECU.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone help me out here plz ?
Coz my 1.3 satria manual year 2002 Fuel inject engine ...top speed only can reach 140kmh ...
Tried so hard also cannot reach more than that ..unless the road has abit downhill ....
And dont know why when my meter reach 100 kmh ...the engine sound starting to be loud ...
Izzit i have to send for tuning again ? Or is there any way to solve this problem out ?
Your help will be very appreciated ..Thank you to the sifus out there =)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience