Engine and Performance

Works Engineering Racing Blow Off Valve

Works

www.worksengineering.co
Jan 15, 2009
Petaling Jaya
www.worksengineering.co
WORKS ENGINEERING BLOW OFF VALVE

Blow off valve (BOV), bypass valve or dump valve is a pressure release system present in most turbocharged engines. Its purpose is to prevent compressor surge, and reduce wear on the turbocharger and engine. Blowoff valves relieve the damaging effects of compressor "surge loading" by allowing the compressed air to vent to the atmosphere, making a distinct hissing sound, or recirculate into the intake upstream of the compressor inlet.
A blow off valve is connected by a vacuum hose to the intake manifold after the throttle plate. When the throttle is closed, the relative manifold pressure drops below atmospheric pressure and the resulting pressure differential operates the blow off valve's piston. The excess pressure from the turbocharger is then vented into the atmosphere or recirculated into the intake upstream of the compressor inlet.

Get your FREE shipping when you purchase at our Online Store
RACING BLOW OFF VALVE

Shop Location :
36,JLN PJS 11/7
Bandar Sunway
46150 Petaling Jaya

Mon - Sat
9.30am to 6.30pm

CALL ME NOW @ 016-229 9610 (Whatsapp / Wechat )

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

While i am enjoying the smoothness of stock 1JZGTE VVTI, i think its time to move up the notch on the power side. Just checking on possible mods that help the CT15B spool faster for maximum pleasure.

Thanks,
Ken
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience