Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

It depends on whether the woman cares and bothers about the car or not. Some do know a thing or two about car maintenance.

Which category that I feel is worse would be new drivers or young college/uni students. I'm a uni student myself and I have seen how many other students maintain their cars. Bumper scratches across all 4 sides of the car is fairly common even in cars which is not even 1 or 2 years old. Lower area at front bumper or front lip scratches and cracks is also very common. Not to mention, they just simply park their cars by the roadside or anywhere, drive through speed bumps without really slowing down, drive over curbs at sidewalk while turning corners....

What saddens me the most would be that sometimes I ask them whether do they care about their car's maintenance. The most common reply that I got would be "I don't know. My father will take care and pay for all that." When I ask them, what will you do next time when you started working and you are in charge of maintaining the car. They'll probably say, "That time only learn la."

It depends on whether the woman cares and bothers about the car or not. Some do know a thing or two about car maintenance.

Which category that I feel is worse would be new drivers or young college/uni students. I'm a uni student myself and I have seen how many other students maintain their cars. Bumper scratches across all 4 sides of the car is fairly common even in cars which is not even 1 or 2 years old. Lower area at front bumper or front lip scratches and cracks is also very common. Not to mention, they just simply park their cars by the roadside or anywhere, drive through speed bumps without really slowing down, drive over curbs at sidewalk while turning corners....

What saddens me the most would be that sometimes I ask them whether do they care about their car's maintenance. The most common reply that I got would be "I don't know. My father will take care and pay for all that." When I ask them, what will you do next time when you started working and you are in charge of maintaining the car. They'll probably say, "That time only learn la."
That actually stems from how they are raised int he family. If the father never taught them and just take care of the car himself then cannot entirely blame the kids also, got 50-50 blame there. When I was a kid, my dad already always asked me to help in any household and car work that can be done ourselves. Start from the simplest of things of just holding the flash light to where he needed to work on things, to helping him getting tools, until I can start using some tools myself etc2. From those I learnt a lot. I'm also very lucky that I have a dad that also wanted to DIY many things even though he actually more than capable to simply close eyes & pay people to do those things for him. I remember at the beginning I used to dislike helping him coz sometimes he yelled at me etc2 and I was also not interested to do all those things, you know la kids only want to have fun playing right? But after I reached high school, I started to appreciate it, and actually often volunteered to help him to get things done faster and I could also already help do more things while he's getting older. So then when I finally got a car, I could already done some simple things on it and understand how car works and builds more interests. Only now as I get older and already in uncle age, I don't do as much DIY on cars anymore and also because cars are getting more complicated every time but at least I still take care of them. Even so, I still DIY some stuff, even repainting the interior of my house, while all my friends are just shaking their heads and told me they will just pay someone to do it. So it just originated from how my father raised me and keep building from there. I'm now starting to do the same to my boys also coz I don't want them to be ignorant later.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Good point 6ue5t, is the interest that make us want to know how things done.
But need practical also. Just look and no interest to try ourselves, back to square one.
I work in sugar refinery, working condition not like full day office air-con.
Many new intakes, i already told them. Want to learn, get your hand dirty. Write notes + practice too.
Degree/certs/master....just a passport to work in malaysia. I study e&e, but work in process dpt.
You guys see sugar crystal. I see far more than that. Not easy to refined sugar.

If ZTH want to have a plant visit. Tell me. I will give the proper channel to proceed it. Still, the big boss will decide. :biggrin: I just kuli only...
aiyooo...car enthusiast sifu, otai also take something sweet. hahahaha

There is always a difference in rich kids and normal kids......lol

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

my wife follows my style of driving, so I guess her car is as tip top as mine,
maintenance wise & filling up petrol I will do it.
My wife even washes her car, only polishing part I do....hhahhahah

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
That actually stems from how they are raised int he family. If the father never taught them and just take care of the car himself then cannot entirely blame the kids also, got 50-50 blame there. When I was a kid, my dad already always asked me to help in any household and car work that can be done ourselves. Start from the simplest of things of just holding the flash light to where he needed to work on things, to helping him getting tools, until I can start using some tools myself etc2. From those I learnt a lot. I'm also very lucky that I have a dad that also wanted to DIY many things even though he actually more than capable to simply close eyes & pay people to do those things for him. I remember at the beginning I used to dislike helping him coz sometimes he yelled at me etc2 and I was also not interested to do all those things, you know la kids only want to have fun playing right? But after I reached high school, I started to appreciate it, and actually often volunteered to help him to get things done faster and I could also already help do more things while he's getting older. So then when I finally got a car, I could already done some simple things on it and understand how car works and builds more interests. Only now as I get older and already in uncle age, I don't do as much DIY on cars anymore and also because cars are getting more complicated every time but at least I still take care of them. Even so, I still DIY some stuff, even repainting the interior of my house, while all my friends are just shaking their heads and told me they will just pay someone to do it. So it just originated from how my father raised me and keep building from there. I'm now starting to do the same to my boys also coz I don't want them to be ignorant later.
lol ur dad sounds like my dad very similar, house/home electrics/plumbing/roof/everythinglah repairs he still does.. but now he is older already doesnt like the trouble of going around looking for spare parts...

My family din't ask me to help out with car stuff when I was young. I got interested in it like 6 years ago. Now my family thinks that I spend too much time bothering about car stuff and sometimes will tell me things like don't assume you know so much about cars, you don't know anything.

There is always a difference in rich kids and normal kids......lol

Doesn't apply to rich kids only. Seen before friends from average income families but yet din't really go bother about their car. Coincidentally, I know a friend from a quite wealthy family but driving an old Saga Iswara bought recently by his father. He seems to handle the repairs himself while driving the car. He din't know much about cars but he is keen to learn and know more about it.

lol ur dad sounds like my dad very similar, house/home electrics/plumbing/roof/everythinglah repairs he still does.. but now he is older already doesnt like the trouble of going around looking for spare parts...
Yeah my dad used to DIY all kinds of things back then with me, his driver, and our maid as his helpers! Now of course he's very old already so not anymore but what his way had taught me a lot and made me like him also. So now I'm doing similar to my boys. For example last time I bought a bunch of IKEA cabinets/drawers/wardrobes and I got my boys to help me install them one by one. Taught them how to hold screw drivers and put them properly, how to hammer nails, how tighten nuts, getting them acknowledge the name of the tools, etc. It was quite fun actually and we got things done faster than if I do myself, except when they screw up some stuff like screw not straight and almost ruin it!

My family din't ask me to help out with car stuff when I was young. I got interested in it like 6 years ago. Now my family thinks that I spend too much time bothering about car stuff and sometimes will tell me things like don't assume you know so much about cars, you don't know anything.

Doesn't apply to rich kids only. Seen before friends from average income families but yet din't really go bother about their car. Coincidentally, I know a friend from a quite wealthy family but driving an old Saga Iswara bought recently by his father. He seems to handle the repairs himself while driving the car. He din't know much about cars but he is keen to learn and know more about it.
Hmm that means you purely built the interest on your own which is good also. For me the interest on cars is actually also more by my self also, maybe a little influence by my dad but what I feel his most influence on me is the desire to try DIY first or at least to try know things so not to simply rely on other people all the time, and that is not just limited to cars but also other things like household stuff.

Anyway yeah, people have different interests. In fact even if only talking about cars, most people are not into cars like us. Kids now maybe are more interested in gadgets.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Who play guli before? Past and present is different.
My first smartphone at 2013. Lol...nowy son play ipad mini.

Yeah my dad used to DIY all kinds of things back then with me, his driver, and our maid as his helpers! Now of course he's very old already so not anymore but what his way had taught me a lot and made me like him also. So now I'm doing similar to my boys. For example last time I bought a bunch of IKEA cabinets/drawers/wardrobes and I got my boys to help me install them one by one. Taught them how to hold screw drivers and put them properly, how to hammer nails, how tighten nuts, getting them acknowledge the name of the tools, etc. It was quite fun actually and we got things done faster than if I do myself, except when they screw up some stuff like screw not straight and almost ruin it!

Hmm that means you purely built the interest on your own which is good also. For me the interest on cars is actually also more by my self also, maybe a little influence by my dad but what I feel his most influence on me is the desire to try DIY first or at least to try know things so not to simply rely on other people all the time, and that is not just limited to cars but also other things like household stuff.

Anyway yeah, people have different interests. In fact even if only talking about cars, most people are not into cars like us. Kids now maybe are more interested in gadgets.
Good parenting info. If next time I am fortunate enough to have my own kids, I'll try this method to teach my kids. I'm actually quite bad in hand skills like hammering, cutting and things like that. Should teach the next generation a thing or two regarding these.

I've also seen some people claim that they are into cars and know a lot about cars. After some conversation with them, most of them only know the car names and the kind of fancy gadgetry or creature comforts that came with the car. As for the technical and mechanical bits, they din't know about it and don't bother. For example, lately, I've seen a lot of people claiming a CVT gearbox car had like 6 gears or 7 gears including car salesman themselves. They come and say things like "This car got 6 speed gear." which I know those are actually virtual gears preset in CVT... Why not just say CVT instead...

True about kids today are more interested in gadgets and electronics. The influence over them is getting stronger as I look at younger kids today.

Who play guli before? Past and present is different.
My first smartphone at 2013. Lol...nowy son play ipad mini.
I have some marbles at home and just rolled them around when I was young. Used to be owned by my uncle when he was young. Din't even know the exact way of playing.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
I look at my late father use hand saw, so I try. Cut my thumb at age 6. Thats right. But he din mad at me.
Now I'm good at it.
Not totaly about kids. Parent should play the role too.

Sometimes got some rare ones......hhahahhahahha

Depends on attitude and personality at the end. That friend of mine is always humble, polite to everyone but also very confident when speaking. Can say is the top student in class.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Top student or not.
The real test is in real world, how they survive, how they accept discrimination, how they blend in.

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hxmcG4xCjlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As we anxiously wait for Goodyear's development of the AMT that keep tyres inflated at its optimum pressure without the use of electronics, let's see how a similar technology maintains tyre pressure through the clever use of one-way air valves...