With wealth comes with ridiculous reasoning...

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
i think theyre just young ppl who makes alot of money..and also a car enthusiast, elise to be precise..but 15k for a turbokit? gila apa?

but they're custom made..wish we got one company that can fabricate any car parts on demand..engines, turbokit, supercharger, a beetle engine block..custom made vtec..

my 2 cent

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
actually thats what it costs to turbocharge with all relevant ancilaries in the states. FOrtunatley for us its cheaper.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i heard of jay hass & he make good stuffs (from many forumers on different boards)

US15K is a lot of money but thats not the point. The fact that some believe in the reasoning that costing more means better product is hard to fantom

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
i agree with phjat7.
its like us spending rm15k to convert a NA to turbo engine, complete with suspension and other bits included. laser cut, painted etc. for the same price in m'sia, i don't think you'll be able to get a kit of that sort. which i'im sure the co would have done their R&D bit to ensure reliability and what not. good thing in the states, the co can be sued until their underwear if the customer is not happy or their product is fukekd.
but in m'sia, if the engine goes boom after 30 minutes from the workshop, majority of time the mech takes no responsibility. which woudl u prefer?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
we malaysians are fortunate enough to have access to second hand parts. If not for this i dare say only the extremely wealthy would be able to afford any kind of modifications. Buying everything new even in Malaysia would render cost which would baffle the average malaysian but thats what you pay for reliability.

As ramsing pointed out, no point modifying the car only to have it go kaboom after 30 minutes. In other countries labour cost factor is huge in any sort of fab/installation work.Nevertheless i see your point - us being the poorvo-pots and USD15k x 3.8 is a managers yearly salary and all.

ps: ramsing where is my beer? you ppk (in keeping with my hokkien culture) me too many time liau!! ;)

Last edited:

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
hahahah....wei phat7....its ffk la...not tfk. aiyooo...dun la tell ppl what we do in the dark with some ghee and tairuuuu....eheehhe. :D
yala...we shoudl go for a drink man. i'll givve u a call man. very sooon. :)

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
phat7 said:
ps: ramsing where is my beer? you tfk me too many time liau!! ;)
Sorry to interrupt but Ramsing is your gay partner?
I don't usually call my friend to help me tfk leh....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
phat7 said:
we malaysians are fortunate enough to have access to second hand parts. If not for this i dare say only the extremely wealthy would be able to afford any kind of modifications. Buying everything new even in Malaysia would render cost which would baffle the average malaysian but thats what you pay for reliability.

As ramsing pointed out, no point modifying the car only to have it go kaboom after 30 minutes. In other countries labour cost factor is huge in any sort of fab/installation work.Nevertheless i see your point - us being the poorvo-pots and USD15k x 3.8 is a managers yearly salary and all.

ps: ramsing where is my beer? you tfk me too many time liau!! ;)
ermmm... fortunate enough to have second hand parts...? :D :D sorry, i think we are unfortunate to be using second hand parts in the first place coz prices of cars too expensive so we have to resort to modifying our car to get the bhp that we want but can't afford to buy in a new car and coz of the expensive prices of cars we have here, naturally the spare parts for them also marked up to be expensive. I received one e-mail written that was forwarding around on our Proton and the expensive cars we have here and it wrote something like "those cars deemed too old in japan are scrapped and we here in malaysia buy these scrap metal to be used, kinda like using people's rubbish". It was kinda sad the way it was written but it makes sense and speaks the ironic truth.
:frown:

eh, btw, u mean FFK here la... :D :D u let him TFK u...? :D :D just kidding!!

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Second hand parts are the only thing keeping the racing scene alive for many. The govt should impose regulation on the prices of the abovementioned parts considering proton looses revenue in terms of spare part sales.

Back to the topic. if you intend to undertake suck a big project as above then like ramsing said there's much to look into such as fuel,suspension,ems etc.

trex92 said:
ermmm... fortunate enough to have second hand parts...? :D :D sorry, i think we are unfortunate to be using second hand parts in the first place coz prices of cars too expensive so we have to resort to modifying our car to get the bhp that we want but can't afford to buy in a new car and coz of the expensive prices of cars we have here, naturally the spare parts for them also marked up to be expensive. I received one e-mail written that was forwarding around on our Proton and the expensive cars we have here and it wrote something like "those cars deemed too old in japan are scrapped and we here in malaysia buy these scrap metal to be used, kinda like using people's rubbish". It was kinda sad the way it was written but it makes sense and speaks the ironic truth.
:frown:

eh, btw, u mean FFK here la... :D :D u let him TFK u...? :D :D just kidding!!

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
phat7 said:
Second hand parts are the only thing keeping the racing scene alive for many. The govt should impose regulation on the prices of the abovementioned parts considering proton looses revenue in terms of spare part sales.

Back to the topic. if you intend to undertake suck a big project as above then like ramsing said there's much to look into such as fuel,suspension,ems etc.
yeah, second parts are keeping the racing scenes alive. I remember watching shows like Junkyard Wars on Discovery, and seeing that in their junk yards, they actually have some good stuff which over here would have been potong-ed to be sold in potong shops.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
built to a race car from ground up.

the different of viewpoint on the other forum is about more $$$ is better/quantifies the final end product.

sure labour of love is hard to quantify & cost. (in rebuilding the AE86). if it was any less it wouldnt make news.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all...

Can anyone help me?
What is the best way of maintaining a car?
I mean, how long once, to change engine oil...
How long once, to change oil filter etc etc...
Alignment of the car etc etc...

Thanks!

B)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience