Wira SE 1.5MT

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
my wira SE was so special, it comes with these features below:-

1. the throttle body always "kills" the engine even at no particular reason. i heard that was wira's legacy.

2. my seat belt got wet from the leakage from dont know where..previously the hatch got leaked near the shaft...
3. the steering making noise...but when it was sent to the service centre, nothing was detected!
4. that stupid 16 JRD rims that guzzle the petrols..and a lot more to tell...

anybody got any suggestion on my frustration? anyway, kudos to PROTON for producing such a "brilliant" car that not only "cheap" but comes in a package that eating put most of our budget!

kostonmy

Jun 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
1.That happen because the intake air is dirty....you know where the standard wira take the air??? It's under you battery...If you not wash your engine the air became more dirty.But I solve throttle body problem by using K&N drop in filter and "Cool Air Intake Hose"...
2.This problem never happen to me.So, I don't know.
3. Proton service center always like that...check by your self...I think the sound came from the "Cooper Contactor" inside black cover inside signal and viper switch.Maybe the contactor ball damage or karat...
4.Better tukar for the lighter Taiwan made...Or if you got money by the original japan rim...I use Taiwan Immitation SSR Type C.The weight almost half the stock rim.But you must be a good driver to elak lubang.Mine already bengkok...My nasihat...don't go for lower dia. rim look not nice...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
charlie saint said:
my wira SE was so special, it comes with these features below:-

1. the throttle body always "kills" the engine even at no particular reason. i heard that was wira's legacy.http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/icons/icon8.gif
2. my seat belt got wet from the leakage from dont know where..previously the hatch got leaked near the shaft...
3. the steering making noise...but when it was sent to the service centre, nothing was detected!
4. that stupid 16 JRD rims that guzzle the petrols..and a lot more to tell...

anybody got any suggestion on my frustration? anyway, kudos to PROTON for producing such a "brilliant" car that not only "cheap" but comes in a package that eating put most of our budget!
Yo bro.i`m driving WiSE as well....1st
1) clean your TB oftenly...by DIY it...or you can refer to DIY, siemens car all having the same problem.
2) this leaking..hard to detect..unless when WAC DIY day along...then we can spend time to check on your car.
3) Steering make noise...i guess is the whole rod need to put some grease on it..
4) same to me...but i change to super light 15 rim already

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
im using it too

1.recently my ori muffler break due to rust..change another type stainless steel. mech told me this is common for wira se coz use metal/besi only

2.my absorber make noise , not squeaking but metal to metal noise..hav to check later..

3.i also change 15" rim..fuel consumption is better

4.dun forget to clean or change ur air filter regularly..

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
done the rim to 15" and feels better. but now will try to solve the TB and air intake problem. otherwise for long distance, WiSE is good. but when u stuck in jam, rasa berat semacam aje...

any suggestion on the better rim? my enkei 5 spoke oreidi a bit bengkok, not so terer elak lubang coz got 4 eyes! and what are the prices? no need to be new. must be lightweight and nice to see, lo..

any advise also on the absorber coz i'm thinking of replacing it in a few months. did speak to the manager of a company that supplies KYB (normal/better/adjustable) but the price is not much difference with the spare parts or the workshop. i have a good mech that make alignment & balancing but if the product is not good, what to do?

and lastly, is the rear spring that SOFT? naik dua orang pun boleh kena hump!

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
wif 15" rim, i use 185/60/15 tyre.. no need afraid of lubang.. then better topspeed n FC..

the rear spring is not soft but already sport sping.. but 1 chop shop in JB very stupid say that suspension system is same like normal wira...

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
wah cik_yat, looks like drag car la, that way. yah, agree with u that rear spring is a sporty one but it is damn SOFT! and true, it is not SAME like the normal WIRA! even kedai spare part sometimes so igrorant about this.

guys at the WAC, how to enrol?

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
about rear suspension...actually..not much different from normal 1.6 wira...but only the that the system desgin of the front are different....like front suspension so called lotus tune with different damping rate and look at the anti roll bar that is not same as normal wira..is exactly like SGTI..... and reapa suspension...are like normal wira...but then some with oil base some with gas......so if you want harder...get a gas based abosorber...and yet...WIra SE rear come with anti roll bar....

but my cae i have change to adjustable suspension, SGTI spec...coz other spec can`t use due to the anti roll bar system.

http://forum.wiseautoclub.com/

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
thanks seanlee for the info. so the front & rear adjustable suspension for WiSE can be taken straight away from the SGTi? how if we take the OEM and put it in WiSE? sound a bit stupid but need clarification on that.

if change to adjustable, what is the best & the pricing side, how? which is better - soft/hard or high/low? then got ppl say that adjustable hard to maintain, is it true?

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
you can`t use normal adjustable for your WiraSE....otherwise your front anti roll bar will be useless...coz the front anti roll bar is connected with the Damper instead like normal wira connect with lower arm.

Hi/lo basically..for look and correct height for your car....but S/H which can tune your like of driving...but no up and down....which you can adjust more bumpy or soft ..or stiff...

forme i use hI/LO coz more cheaper then S/H and yet...get a better match..of spring and damping rate..will be fantastic...

normal pricing for second hand ..will be less then 1k...depend on brand.....and some even up to 2k.

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
sean,

what the brand and if combi of spring & absorber, can recommend coz even the most expert mech have headache in matching the absorber thingy.

more explanation on the front anti roll bar, pls? if we change to fully adjustable front & rear, how? confused lo!

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
suspension depend on wut re u looking for.. low profile? normal use? rally look? n also depend on ur engine.. i use for normal driving but usually play on cornering n overtaking.. yesterday juz changing into monroe wif stock spring.. not plan to lower coz anytime can use for overload or go into kampung road.. so far can corner in high speed.. n more stable..

for anti roll bar, already check on any wira n satria, already have install wif anti roll bar.. purpose or anti roll bar is to assure dat ur car did not over "senget" on cernering.. but if ur absorber already kong, ARB wil not help also..

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
charlie saint said:
sean,

what the brand and if combi of spring & absorber, can recommend coz even the most expert mech have headache in matching the absorber thingy.

more explanation on the front anti roll bar, pls? if we change to fully adjustable front & rear, how? confused lo!
suspension..actually is base on personal like..me and you may have differernt setting on each of us...just like cik_yat said..but just advice...that..is better to replace absorber....then spring..otherwise..you will feel bumpier then then replace the absorber

about anti roll bar...i dunno which explaination you want me to explain..

but to differentiate original Wira SE anti roll bar...compare with normal wira anti roll bar....just that..SE ARb are attack and link with suspension...wwhere by normal wira is attach link with lower arm...

so in after market suspension....Wira SE you can`t get any absorber.....due to the link with anti roll bar......so the oly choise you can do is...buy back the same spec from Proton...or change suspension to coil over type..mean adjustable suspension from SGTI spec...inorder to replace..

Other then that..you can choose to replace after market suspension..but you need to sacrified your anti roll bar..and change to attach lower arm type...

but i`m sure there are some brand...but not very well known brand...they have produce some product...to replace Wira SE suspension...

more infor about pricing you can check in here
http://z3.invisionfree.com/WiseAutoClub/index.php?showtopic=412

Last edited:

charlie saint

Nov 16, 2006
wah like that still have to use the original parts fr ptoton. meaning hv to find good price coz if buy at proton, definately cost me higher...ok time 4 me to do some recce, meanwhile, if u ppl got any other suggestion, pls keep positng. but on the rear suspension, still prefer the harder one

sn_ting

Known Member
May 24, 2006
snting.blogspot.com
fyi...i'm also driving a WiSE 1.5 GLi for 2.5 years and my current mileage is 85k. my absorber was 'gong' long long time ago...so i decided to change to Titan Ajustable absorber. been changed for 4 months already...it was damn good...i can;t explain here...at the same time i also changed the rim to 16' ICE rm.

i have to travel alot due to my work nature so i actually started to mod my car little by little. the 1st thing i installed was the strut bar, then voltage stabilizer and grounding wire. somehow i felt that i help me to save my FC

Just like u all who driving WiSE, i also having problem with the TB. So, I changed the K&N air filter and Volker Iridium Spark plug but it didnt help much. The same problem still occured. I'm now planning to installed Oil Catch Tank coz ppl said that it will help abit.

the lastest one that i changed is the clucth kit with lighten flywheel coz the stupid orig clucth seems to have some irritating sound coming out from no where when i release the clucth petal.

Well...that's all about my car mod for now...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
sn_ting said:
fyi...i'm also driving a WiSE 1.5 GLi for 2.5 years and my current mileage is 85k. my absorber was 'gong' long long time ago...so i decided to change to Titan Ajustable absorber. been changed for 4 months already...it was damn good...i can;t explain here...at the same time i also changed the rim to 16' ICE rm.

i have to travel alot due to my work nature so i actually started to mod my car little by little. the 1st thing i installed was the strut bar, then voltage stabilizer and grounding wire. somehow i felt that i help me to save my FC

Just like u all who driving WiSE, i also having problem with the TB. So, I changed the K&N air filter and Volker Iridium Spark plug but it didnt help much. The same problem still occured. I'm now planning to installed Oil Catch Tank coz ppl said that it will help abit.

the lastest one that i changed is the clucth kit with lighten flywheel coz the stupid orig clucth seems to have some irritating sound coming out from no where when i release the clucth petal.

Well...that's all about my car mod for now...
you should clean your Tb every 20k km....Diy will do it...already

sn_ting

Known Member
May 24, 2006
snting.blogspot.com
yeah i know that...if not, every 20k my car engine will die....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus,

which is the best boost controller from?

blitz/greddy/hks/other company?

i'm trying to get the best for my car. i heard dual soleniod boost controller are better in boost management. plz enlighten me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience