windshield washer

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi Sifus,

I am trying to modify my windshield washer to have a more powerful spray or to have 2 pumps to spray thru 2 nozzles instead of just 1.

Is it true that all cars , for example 1.3 to 3 litres cars, use the same type of windshield washer pump? Are they based on the same technology for the impeller?

Are the pumps using similar powered motors/pumps?

It seems that the water reservoir or pump may be shaped slightly differently but the technology behind these pumps should be the same right? But are there differences in spray power of these pumps?

If so, could you suggest a particular type of pump. eg. Subaru wrx pump is more powerful?
How about the one used in a bus or truck?

Many thanks in advance.

sincerely
Richard

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
sorry to hijack ur thread, juz wanna ask, how to unclog my corolla's spray? When i press the windshield wash button, got the pump sound but no water come out..

Btw why do u need powerful pumps? Maybe u can change the nozzle for a wider spray area, and use those windshield chemicals to clean the dirt..
I once used ''rainx'' or something like that, its a chemical put in the w/shield resevoir.. When got rain, water doesnt stick.. So when there is no water on the screen, it wont dry n leave dust spots on ur screen.. Good stuff..

Last edited:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
sorry to hijack ur thread, juz wanna ask, how to unclog my corolla's spray? When i press the windshield wash button, got the pump sound but no water come out../QUOTE]

just try to unclog it with needle cannot ha?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Tried already but still same.. Each spray got 2 nozzle.. Funny thing is, all 4 nozzle got stuck on the same day.. Could it be the hose then? Maybe the preassure leaking? Izit possible?

conan86

Jul 14, 2009
EQu!n3 P3rks
if its for the front nozzle then try checkin the hose cud b twisted somewhere ...
if not get some1 press the washer button then another person check where got leakin
my car same prob but was jst twisted at front .. for back washer dunno how to do haha

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Check already.. No hose twisted..Turns out my nozzle inlet was clogged with car polish.. Deep inside.. Thanx yea!
Now i adjust the nozzle to point to the side of my car.. Any mat rempit overtake me, i spray them! Haha

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Check already.. No hose twisted..Turns out my nozzle inlet was clogged with car polish.. Deep inside.. Thanx yea!
Now i adjust the nozzle to point to the side of my car.. Any mat rempit overtake me, i spray them! Haha
Bro...
For powderful spray i recommended and feel it can be done...
Go get yourself a fuel pump from a halfcut shop... maybe kancil can..
These pumps are all 12v and have good pressure...
No need to put into the washer container, can be mounter outside with hose going in.

This mod if nozzle got wax or nose shit also will fly out.....:biggrin:
If aim over the driver side... can use as mat rempit water gun...

If for normal use... bird shit or dead insect at windscreen also can remove.

Did this once for DIY turbo intercooler spray....:biggrin:TQ

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Wah so strong wan ah? Bird shit also can come out?? Thats good! But i think i'll stick to 'spray' rather than 'water jet'.. Unless i park my car under a tree full of birds! Hehe..
Btw my car no intercooler T_T
so when u press the button, both ur screen spray n the i/c spray come on izit?

matnors

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Ipoh
uyyo.. fuel pump as washer pump... huhuhu overpower pressure.. hehehehe nice idea e-tech!!

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
He wanted to spray remp-its mah...
So I teach him what pump is stronger mah....
Get small cc car's fuel pump enough lah....

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi hachiroku clan,

probably the hose is leaking water badly under the hood since the motor sounds like running. Maybe the nozzel needs a change as well. needle can dig out dirt to make it 100% clean meh?

regards

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Not sure about the leakage, so far no water is found under the hood. I poped the hood, took out the nozzles.. Where the hoses are connected to the nozzle is where it is clogged.. Tried using needle from outside, but it didnt solve my prob.. Had to dig out from inside (under the hood).. I dont think the pressure is strong like new, but it gets the job done..

Last edited:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro...
For powderful spray i recommended and feel it can be done...
Go get yourself a fuel pump from a halfcut shop... maybe kancil can..
These pumps are all 12v and have good pressure...
No need to put into the washer container, can be mounter outside with hose going in.

This mod if nozzle got wax or nose shit also will fly out.....:biggrin:
If aim over the driver side... can use as mat rempit water gun...

If for normal use... bird shit or dead insect at windscreen also can remove.

Did this once for DIY turbo intercooler spray....:biggrin:TQ
using fuel pump to pump water wont it corrode the pump?

btw, where can i find WAJA windshield nozzle? i like the "spray/mist" pattern.. can cover whole screen..

matnors

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Ipoh
using fuel pump to pump water wont it corrode the pump?

btw, where can i find WAJA windshield nozzle? i like the "spray/mist" pattern.. can cover whole screen..
erm.. sparepart dun have ar??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Amazingly, as you can see in the pictures after the jump, the Lada came out through the wall without any serious damages. We don’t know if the Russian driver was hurt, but if anything else, he must have lost a few years of his life the moment he saw that the crash was inevitable.

What if, Proton vs Concrete Wall...???

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience