windshelds/windows/ etc

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

marcuszzz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
hi, im new here. is there a way that u can use a type of glass that theifs cant break?

marcuszzz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
damn sad le... nowadays always hear ppls car kena break in

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
there's a special film that is applied onto ur windscreen that will make it more durable.

tested with baseball bats and such..will give 90% more durability.very hard to break em'..

but its very expensive.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Fluffy said:
there's a special film that is applied onto ur windscreen that will make it more durable.

tested with baseball bats and such..will give 90% more durability.very hard to break em'..

but its very expensive.
LLumar tint??....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
no no..that's the tint for protection frm heat..
there's another brand..securi-sumthing..cant remember..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yea..its Llumar tint...security film...4 door car about 2k plus.but dont tint ur front windshield,its designed to shatter and you fly out in the case of an accident so u dont splat there if head on collision.

another way is to change all ur windows to plexi-glass.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
you can also try replacing all you glass panels with Lexan panels. Lightweight yet durable.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
any one makes Bullet-proof glasses here??..that would be the ultimate solution!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
bullet proof glass on a vehicle
ahaha
nice one, i remember someone posted the cost of making the glass last time

it cost roughly about a new honda civic for 4 pieces of glass alone
that would be around RM120k
now, i wun mind the thief breaking into my car if u ask me to spend that amount of money for just 4 pieces of glass

marcuszzz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
PocketRocket said:
yea..its Llumar tint...security film...4 door car about 2k plus.but dont tint ur front windshield,its designed to shatter and you fly out in the case of an accident so u dont splat there if head on collision.

another way is to change all ur windows to plexi-glass.
2k aint that bad if those bloody fellas gonna steal my meters away lol

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i dont think normal car panels can fit those think glasses..need to do lotsa modding to the panel to fit it.
and its just not practical.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
marcuszzz said:
hi, im new here. is there a way that u can use a type of glass that theifs cant break?
use bullet proff glass :regular_smile: .... bullets surely cant go through and theifs no chance at all :shades_smile: hehehehehahahaha

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
removed meters once u leave car at park. hide away all valuable items. or go all superblack tinted so they catn see whats inside the car.

or, simply stick a note at the car windows - 'NO VALUABLES INSIDE'

It does work for educated thieves. for non educated ones....

this way will deters break ins to a minimum. if ur rich enuff to afford bullet proff glass, u wont comlaint of stolen meters.

and u are most probably more than capable of buying cars with more meter like....err

* cars with so many meters - 1980 Nissan 180K, Bluebird U10, 1980 Toyota Corona TT132, Nissan Cedric, Brougham. nowadays only basic meters.

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
all my suggestions does not make any sense one....

but here is the secret

1. thieves will act when we forget. we forget to lock our cars, we forget to remove the key upon filling petrol, we forget to park in bright car parks and uttanded one.

2. thieves will go away if they find our car not interesting. not interesting in a way that nothing inside a car that attracts him. things like laptop bag (though empty), coins, CD player, smart tag. when they are visible, it will attempts break-in, isnt it? if non is visible, he will forget about it.
removable ICE head unit fascia for example has all the reasons for it.

so, who's to blame? its us who provide the playground for the thieves. if we dont give them a chance, they wont take advantage on us.

i am not saying its not a good idea of asking though...now take this is as a more reasonable answer from me.

marcuszzz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
thats a good answer to my question zan. but sometimes they will suspect there are nice stuff coz of your exterior.. like chun rims, intercooler and stuff

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
there is also cases of vandalism..which..doesnt require u to have any items in ur car to happen.that's also farked up.

well...having a really souped up and gorgeous ride is never easy to keep..the best way is to park ur car where u can see it..or just dont attract much attention..like revving and boosting and also blasting ur ICE.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Due to privacy issues i blurred out the background to avoid any conflicts. I will be posting the full correction details when its ready. Now..Some sneak previews

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience