Window Tinting

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Originally posted by starwing@Nov 18 2004, 00:19

Mind you, not every shop dare to stick whole peice up because need to use heater and the glass will break if no skills.
wah, sound very scary leh. Tinted glass in my project list .... now need to think twise already.

at first scared of the tinted glass will spoiled my heater now need to worry the heater will break..... :unsure:

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
hmmm...i think there is no need to worry too much..just go to some skilled shops like Ecotint Taipan..good workmanship i would say ;) did my tint there..all the windows 1 piece kautim..very skilled workers..

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Beetle@Nov 18 2004, 14:03
hmmm I think shops like Ecotint and tintshop will do it in one piece
Mine was did in one piece, although he needed to do it twice
Hi,

Which Ecotint did you went to ?

kokwai

Aug 24, 2004
Seri Kembangan
kiyoshi,

which range of ecotint did u opt for ? how is it ??

any ecotint discount recently ?? they used to have discount .., can save some money .. hehe..

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
hey ppl,

If u guys are interested in a good quality tint..y dont u go check Nviro? it has a very high percentage of heat reduction ..err the total solar heat rejection is around 80% which is comparable to vkool n kristalbond(not sure those how much )..Its an organic material based tint so no need to worry about rust,smarttag cant be used or even autogate signals..

Oh ya its err Lifetime Warranty too..enquiries go to usj9 there..the road next to ecotint..

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
yeap certainly comparable...if u guys wanna know how much the diff in the heat reduction with vkool,err go ask vkool shops on their total heat reduction n compare with Nviro ler..im not sure bout vkool's but i know its around there.. :P

Price is around rm1300-1500 for a whole car...i think wira or jazz type is rm1300.bro did his jazz for tat price ler ..rather cheap i guess..more info go find the shop :ph34r:

jdj6632

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
Just add in infos...

a tinting shop along jln genting lama
quoted me RM250 for the whole car (4doors + front n back windscreen)
if not mistaken it is Sun Cool

tat tauke says guarantee no prob from polis n jpj
got cert, if kena saman, he will kautim
if kena tore down by jpj guys, he will replace it

really tat good?? for such a good price??

not sure bout the heat blocking percentage, but the tint seems quite thick
for my case, i kinda wan the tint for safety perpose, cause a fren cars mirror broke n cut his face

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
yeah...tinting will save u from kena cut by the mirror..there was once my uncle driving in fastlane in the highway suddenly a whole steel rod fly up dunno from where..the rod straight cucuk in the front windscreen above it..luckily got tint..the car windscreen pecah but still protected then the rod fly up again to the roof of the car...i guess the force is kinda big until the roof is kena one big hole by the rod..kaolat..imagine without tinting...sure even the rod also kena my uncle face...dunno which idiot steel rod dunno how to keep it...

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
i do the tinitng for my Kenari whole car, Rikecool Golddust, so far very good the quality but this cost me close to Rm1K.

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
ok what brand and how much is the highest price of tinting for whole window (any car u select la) ?

becos in KB many brand so expensive leh

p/s: i thought ecotint so expensive..iswara rm350 ? kancil should be cheaper

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Ecotint got several types and the price also difference...

I do ask the ecotint sales person and hope the below price give u a guide...

1. Ecotint Neutral = RM350 / car (N.S.) - RM500 / car (LS. W.)
2. Ecotint Lite Gold = RM500 / car(N.S.) - RM700 / car (LS. W.)
3. Ecotint Sliver Blue = RM700 / car (N.S.) - RM950 / car (LS. W.)
4. Ecotint Green = RM900 / car (N.S.) - RM1,200 / car (LS. W.)
5. Ecotint Platinum = RM1,200 / car (N.S.) - RM1,500 / car (LS. W.)
6. Ecotint RayBarrier = RM1,600 / car (N.S.) - RM1,800 / car (LS. W.)
*N.S. = Normal Saloon; LS. W. = Luxury/Station Wagon

Last time, i think early of the year, they got a 30% discount promotion. The sales person highly recommend for the Green color tint b'cas he said it's the highest relaftion from outside and the most clear view from inside... but that time the promotion only about RM600... now no promotion and it's RM900... hehehe... maybe wait for next promotion...

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
i did my car with Ecotint during promotion period this year...it cost me RM490 for the green clor tint..very nice indeed :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any good shows on TV you can recommend about cars? I saw a good one that is coming soon to discovery called Chop Shop, where two guys remake wrecks and sell them on http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/chopshop/ - it looks pretty good....any other ideas?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience