Which to buy? GTR33 or GTT34??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
need comments from owners and sifus here on which 1 is a better buy since the price is almost in the same range. also, dont compare the age of the car or new vs used because those are known and common factors.

i'm more interested to know potential of mods & cost to mod (mainly for GTT bcos i know what a GTR33 is capable of and how much it will cost), is putting a RB26 with crazy mods a good idea or just push the RB25 to the max?? i would say targetting around above 500+hp....

also, handling = of cos GTR should be better but how far behind is GTT? are the GTT good in the track??

not too concerned about exterior because there are plenty of bodykits to make the GTT looks like a GTR34...

i personally love the GTR33 to death but a bit concerned about the loan part bcos GTT is a newer car and should be able to get higher loan easily right?? I would have limited budget bcos i would prefer to spend the cash on the mods.... :)

Last edited:

neojack

Known Member
Apr 17, 2007
go for r34GTT. better look and performance.u can drift also for r34GTT

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
i already said clearly look is not a factor.

performance, what kind of better performance are you talking about? mind to elaborate because i never knew a GTT performance is better than any GTR models from GTR32 onwards.

drift...heheheee, thats something i dont know...so it doesn bother me, i'm more interested in circuit racing & drag

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Friend
GTR is GTR.. GTT forever is GTT
you can see people try to change the look of GTT to GTR
so you guess what GTR can do

Comparing a GTR33 vs GTT34 is like comparing a BMW E46 M3 vs BMW E90 325
you can guess who is the winner

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
With a 500bhp target, and if looks and age of the car is not important to you, Id personally go for the 33GTR anytime! Its variable 4wd, and its a RB26DETT.. enuff said.
Not sure about how far the RB25 can be pushed, maybe someone else out there knows? But even if you were into drifting, an R34 would be an expensive and more difficult car to learn in.
The main problem would be as you mentioned, a loan, as R34GTTs are newer cars.. why not try and look for a good R33GTR and see if you can get a loan or not first of all.. then look at your other options.

Last edited:

nismoskyliner33

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
i was personally stuck ones like u bro! i choosen a r33gtr over 34gtt... however, at that time, not much of a choice for the gtr as those that is on sale (during that time ~ 3 years back) were not in good condition mostly body (accident before). but recently i saw some on sale and in good condition too.. sigh.. if only i've waited longer... nevertheless, i did not regret getting the 33gts..

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
If looks are not a problem, 32 GTR?

I would wait till the 36 hits the streets and with that, the 32,33,34 prices will take another beating *sweat* and as a result, you might get a better deal then.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
if ur into performance and not the looks...go for GTR...u dont have to spend a lot on mods to push it more than 500HP compare to GTT...but if i were u...i'll take the GTT coz i'm into every aspect of the car...looks,performance,reliability,quality and money..i will settle down with GTT and mods it slowly,patiently from time to time...but thats just me...

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
Thanks for all the comments.

CMNG - yea, everybody knows GTR is the sure winner, and i understand your examples/comparison. but bear in mind the E46M3 is still almost double the price of a E90 3 series, so when taking into consideration that both of this car (R33 & GTT) are at the same price range, i'm just curious how far behind is the GTT.

i am not fancy about the Attesa, hicas or watever features that the GTR has that are not in the GTT, i just love the raw power that the rb26 can produce. so if sacrificing all these GTR specs and only looking at pure bhp performance, is it still a wise idea to stuff a RB26 into a GTT?? u r 1 of the expert here that has in depth passion for skylines, any valuable comments?? or a newer model GTT still sucks no matter what we do (like putting Rb26 in a cefiro)...??

kenny/russ - really hope the price will drop soon, then it makes the decision making easier.... :)

actually my main problem is $$$. cos lets say i hv budget of 50-60k, if i get a GTR33, thats the down payment. period. but GTT probably can get away with a 30k or less down and with that I have the balance for the RB26 and some mods... these are just my guess, i am not sure about the actual loan/down amounts in the market now... maybe some of you who just bought any of these cars can confirm....

** or should i actually consider supra since it's cheaper to get more bhp out of a supra... stuff a big snail and minor mods will get me near the 500hp mark :)

Last edited:

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments.

CMNG - yea, everybody knows GTR is the sure winner, and i understand your examples/comparison. but bear in mind the E46M3 is still almost double the price of a E90 3 series, so when taking into consideration that both of this car (R33 & GTT) are at the same price range, i'm just curious how far behind is the GTT.

i am not fancy about the Attesa, hicas or watever features that the GTR has that are not in the GTT, i just love the raw power that the rb26 can produce. so if sacrificing all these GTR specs and only looking at pure bhp performance, is it still a wise idea to stuff a RB26 into a GTT?? u r 1 of the expert here that has in depth passion for skylines, any valuable comments?? or a newer model GTT still sucks no matter what we do (like putting Rb26 in a cefiro)...??

kenny/russ - really hope the price will drop soon, then it makes the decision making easier.... :)

actually my main problem is $$$. cos lets say i hv budget of 50-60k, if i get a GTR33, thats the down payment. period. but GTT probably can get away with a 30k or less down and with that I have the balance for the RB26 and some mods... these are just my guess, i am not sure about the actual loan/down amounts in the market now... maybe some of you who just bought any of these cars can confirm....

** or should i actually consider supra since it's cheaper to get more bhp out of a supra... stuff a big snail and minor mods will get me near the 500hp mark :)
bro... guess u got your answer. u seems to admire rb26 so go for any GTR base on your budget. dont ever think of swapping a rb26 into a GTT or GTS, is kind of waste of money. i dont think local workshop has ever did a good such transplant. stay with rb25 if u choose a gtt or gts, rb25 is also a potential engine to mod ler, dump in a T78 n supportive mods can get u 500hp... be proud!! gtt owner...show the gtr owner wat a gtt can do at the bend..go side way like a crab..hehehe... :mouth_closed:

ya can consider supra too.. 2jz is cheaper to mod. bangkok favourite engine. last time my fren own a 480hp supra can ta pau most supercars like modena 360,m3e46 etc.. in hiway. supra is hiway king clock at 300+km/h (in order u must have large balls). my fren told me his car like layang-layang when he over took the 360, his rpm almost hit redline at 6th gear.

Last edited:

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
rap54, actually... ur car is 1st on my target list...hahaa... if u think of selling it again next year, PM me before talking to anybody!!

i'm working as slave now overseas to save some $$$ so that i can join the GTR club next yr when i'm bak to bolehland.

there was another bayside blue GTR33 used to owned by Gobiz which is another nice car with loads of goodies & in good condition, dunno who owns it now... that car looks perfect with the old gold advan RG.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Sir
Wait till you drive a R32 GTS RB26DETT vs GTR32 RB26DETT
and you will know why the 4WD RB26DETT is nickname Godzilla

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
CMNG - i love the "fatzilla" R33... drove 1 with 800hp and 1 with 500hp... they left me drooling for months until i look like terencat akal...hehehe... okok, take u guys advise... GTR forever... Oo___oO

no more GTT Rb26 bullshit --- no offense to GTT owners... blame these ppl, they brainwash me... :)

ok, got to go carry those heavy boxes from the container now, u know la...kuli/slave life... just to get the GTR....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

i've just change my timing belt this morning and by the time i drive my car back, i heard some sound air leaking sound coming out from the engine bay. so, when i opened up the bonnet cover, the sound even more clear.

i've send back the car to my mechanic and he said it's just air leaking and he didn't touch anything on that part while replacing the timing belt. he ask me to try driving it first and see if the petrol consumption will go up or not.

i'm just a bit affraid it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience