which is better?motec or hks?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
Hmmm ... Yes and No, I guess ... Any chances of who would be the recommended tuner? Issue is, I am based in the northern region so stopping over at Sunway any day would almost include a couple hundreds km drive ... :banghead:

Concern I have on the d-jetro is the massive operation just to install the MAP's nipples ... Not too sure as well the capable limits of the d-jetro ... Any thoughts you may have?
the MAP sensor installation shouldnt be a biggie la...again unless you're going the DIY route
two of my friends run this ECU, havent really heard any problems from em regarding difficulties during installation

i think the only limit of Djetro is if you want to take it up to genting (or gunung jerai hahaha) as it lacks the altitude correction like the Vpro

Tuner, is up to you la... its like me teling you what color you should paint your car... depends on what your heart desires, and more importantly, your driving style.... wangan freak with a big single? hehehe

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
the MAP sensor installation shouldnt be a biggie la...again unless you're going the DIY route
two of my friends run this ECU, havent really heard any problems from em regarding difficulties during installation

i think the only limit of Djetro is if you want to take it up to genting (or gunung jerai hahaha) as it lacks the altitude correction like the Vpro

Tuner, is up to you la... its like me teling you what color you should paint your car... depends on what your heart desires, and more importantly, your driving style.... wangan freak with a big single? hehehe

Sounds good ... Thanks for the details ... Somehow from reading the manual, Haltech P2000 is looking really interesting now :rolleyes:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Concern I have on the d-jetro is the massive operation just to install the MAP's nipples ... Not too sure as well the capable limits of the d-jetro ... Any thoughts you may have?
isnt the map pressure reading can be acquired from simply tapping any vacuum hose? the standalone ecu that i used before only need to extend vacuum hose to be installed inside the ecu cos map sensor is built into the ecu. the other one that i used before, it's a boost sensor like AVCR, same thing, extend vacuum hose to the sensor installed usually at the firewall.

most map sensor cars are like that but as far as i know, now most standalone management systems include barometric correction factor into their map sensor. Djetro outdated already:thefinger:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
isnt the map pressure reading can be acquired from simply tapping any vacuum hose? the standalone ecu that i used before only need to extend vacuum hose to be installed inside the ecu cos map sensor is built into the ecu. the other one that i used before, it's a boost sensor like AVCR, same thing, extend vacuum hose to the sensor installed usually at the firewall.

Yes and no. Unfortunately, PFC d-jetro recommend tapping into No.3 and No.4 (2 MAP's) post throttle which means, removing inlet plenum, throttle bodies and the post throttle flange. Can't really tap into the inlet plenum due to multi-throttle which causes pressure pulse. Some have tried taking from balance tube however it seemed there are always issue with rough idling on 6-throttles.

Other standalone are more straight forward. Just take a good vaccum source say, from FPR vaccum and bung it into the built-in MAP within ecu. Other issue with Pfc is, indefinately need to purchase datalogit.

Leaning more towards AEM's or Haltech now for wider capability ... Price wise, around 5k difference but save the trouble later on in time. F-con = forget it, else sure get con-ned ... due to inavailability to access software.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
If i not mistaken , Power FC dont have knock sensor retarding option
i remember once standard ECU.. once detecting knock, ECU will retard whatever to protect the engine

Power FC dont have this feature
it only can show knock .. but not able to do anything on it
IF i not mistaken

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Fortunately, AEM is the one that has knock detection (on oem sensor) ..... not even Haltech P2000 .... *sign*

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
I think P2000 should have rite ?

Apparently not .... Would not know why that was left out ... Only way, may be to configure to switch to a secondary map to retard timing. Or spend on a secondary knock indicator ... :bawling:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Why all these old threads being resurrected? Anyway, to answer the original question of which is better - Motec or HKS, the answer is HKS.

Motec makes ECUs. HKS makes ECU, exhaust, intake, turbo, suspension, yada yada :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm been debating with myself...but still unable to decide...so here i'm in the forum...asking for advice....

The situation is that i test drove an old 2005 Civic ES 2.0....and love it very much...just cant get it out of my mind...but the problem is that the price is RM65k which is the same with preve and some other brand like mitsubishi mirage etc and even more expensive than Persona or Saga....

Which one would you choose? Is it worth it to buy and old civic with the price or a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience