which is better?motec or hks?

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
i would suggest you go with PFC enough at the time being since your car is very close to stock condition. PFC is just better enuff than emanage and you wont need motec or overpriced v-pro until you have serious mods on it.
Yes, powerfc is enuf and main reason is there are many tuners proficient with pfc

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I have for sale brand new Power FC & Commander set (Part No. 414-AN008) for ER34 if you are interested.

These items are long discontinued but I've some units specially made-on-order from Japan. Grab 'em before they are gone.

Going for RM5,000.

Last edited:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
The reason i didn't reccomend power FC is because PFC for RB25's are rare nowadays...but seeing V-Spec (Eu Jin) has them on hand, go for it!!

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
Probably version 3.2 (probably latest during that time) Not sure. That was done last year. Haven't touched it since. I know of one with an old version installed on his bnr34 and he's having problem with it. *ahem* he got it from a well known tuner at sunway.
wonder what kind of prob he's having :rolleyes: i almost bought the IS version last month but changed my mind since I'm thinking of upgrading my engine in the future. so better go straight for vPro i guess :biggrin: if u havnt experience any prob so far then I think it's good enough for me to consider it :biggrin:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
The reason i didn't reccomend power FC is because PFC for RB25's are rare nowadays...but seeing V-Spec (Eu Jin) has them on hand, go for it!!
actually if you know where to look around there are alot of 2nd hands one around w/o the HC. The only prob with PFC with rb25 is that the SLIP and A-LSD function will just come on and off intermittently with the R33 S2 - S4 GTS-T.Ignorable but still its annoying. It was more compatible with the GTT instead.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Those looking for AEM EMS
can try to contact Alan from U5..
he using AEM for his 26DETT A31 but universal model
i think have 2 customer using plug and play kit but also on A31.
maybe you can call to check it out since AEM EMS plug and play is universal for RB20,25 and 26 for 32 and 33 Series

Oh yea
AEM EMS user here
:biggrin:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
mafiabear ...

do join us for tt and we will try our utmost best to help u for a step by step mod that u should do on ur ride ... pro vs cons ... costs ... ur intended hp .... and above all, ur dead presidents

please do not be over-excited with the mod and please do not over cook things

cheers mate

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
yeah, jahax's rite. jus asking which is better is not enough. it's what the consumer wants actually that really matters.

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
i also dunno. it's based on personal satisfaction. trial and error i guess. :D
i'm still down with motec though. :wavey:

S

semperfi

At least you are better than me bro...I'm still stuck with my Nismo...:mad: :mad: :mad:
They are all good provided the tuners know how to tune them. V-Pro is of A limited edition in KL I supposed. Not many people have the license. meaning once f**ked, you'll have to bring back to the same tuner. Power Fc on the other hand is a much better choice. Having a license doesn't mean he's (the tuner) good at it. We are talking about experience here. I have a PPL license too but how often do I fly? Not much. Meaning, experience is non existence! Just my dua sen. :listen:

Also, having a Diving license doesn't mean the diver is a Divemaster or an instructor. LOL.

NIsmo S-TUne,

and I'm still stuck with my V-Pro!

Last edited by a moderator:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
my ultimate standalone without doubt will be e11v2 ... not that expensive, friggin awesome bang-for-bucks and as far as i'm concerned, there are few proven tuners around (in KL)

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Now, that got me thinking again ...

Options:

1. Haltech P2000
2. AEM EMS
3. Power-FC d-jetro, have to separately get Datalogit
4. Autronic SMC (paperweight now); this I have to get the loom, sensors etc and no PnP ...

Any recommendation?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
I have a PPL license too but how often do I fly? Not much. Meaning, experience is non existence! Just my dua sen. :listen:

Also, having a Diving license doesn't mean the diver is a Divemaster or an instructor. LOL.

NIsmo S-TUne,

Bro, Who's ur PPL instructor? Moktar?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
Hahaha i Just found my PPL! long time expired

eyong, go for the PFC Djetro...dont worry bout the Datalogit unless you wanna tune it yourself

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006

eyong, go for the PFC Djetro...dont worry bout the Datalogit unless you wanna tune it yourself

Hmmm ... Yes and No, I guess ... Any chances of who would be the recommended tuner? Issue is, I am based in the northern region so stopping over at Sunway any day would almost include a couple hundreds km drive ... :banghead:

Concern I have on the d-jetro is the massive operation just to install the MAP's nipples ... Not too sure as well the capable limits of the d-jetro ... Any thoughts you may have?

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
They are all good provided the tuners know how to tune them. V-Pro is of A limited edition in KL I supposed. Not many people have the license. meaning once f**ked, you'll have to bring back to the same tuner. Power Fc on the other hand is a much better choice. Having a license doesn't mean he's (the tuner) good at it. We are talking about experience here. I have a PPL license too but how often do I fly? Not much. Meaning, experience is non existence! Just my dua sen. :listen:

NIsmo S-TUne,

You are not the only that's is stuck....we are stuck till SUCKS!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

S

semperfi

Bro, Who's ur PPL instructor? Moktar?
YEEEEAP!!! Moktar with the misai. that was ages ago.

Bump:

Why need PPL when you have ATPL? Hahaha. Have to retake your test again unless you nak terbang SKYLane la. Hahahahahaha.... OMG. Skyline and Skylane. gosh! Skyline good enough la dude.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...my frens car got stolen today at Lagoon Perdana Sunway..anyone have seen the car around please call me ASAP. 017-9000523. Car number - WUU 5108 white civic 2.0 thanks!

2 civic got stolen in the same car park on same day soon will upload the F**ker face up here.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience