Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

which brand is good for my ICE

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

masterjies

Hi all frendz,
Need u'r help, i wanna install ICE for my car, but dunno which brand is good. Can u all help me....please..thanks

Maybe you can tell us your budget and what is your plan.
If not, later people will suggest a few thousands worth of items :)

how if my budget is 1k ?
what should i get ?
i already got hu and 2X10' subwoofer
with satria stenderd speaker..
but my woofer is not connected..

ok guys.. for 1k.. what can i get?
if u got a shop with a reasonable price..
ill go there..
thanks..

how many watts ur woofer need? go n get suitable amp first..
or u can get comp. set n 4 channels amp to power ur comp. set n bridged for ur 10" woofer...
correction :- 10" .. not 10' .. < oversize kar?

Originally posted by Amedion@Mar 25 2005, 11:09
how many watts ur woofer need? go n get suitable amp first..
or u can get comp. set n 4 channels amp to power ur comp. set n bridged for ur 10" woofer...
correction :- 10" .. not 10' .. < oversize kar?
[snapback]839475[/snapback]​

Yes, this is quite a good suggestion.
Another option:
1. Buy a 4 channel amp.
2. use the 4 channel amp to power your woofer and satria rear speakers.
3. Use a high pass crossover (D.I.Y also can) on the satria rear speaker.
4. Use you current line speaker out from your HU to a tweeters with high pass crossover.

Btw, your HU does have a RCA out right?

The cost:
Tweeters might cost you RM150 to RM200 depends on brand.
Wires, amp wiring kit, distribution block, fuses and workmanship need to be discussed with the acc/audio shop.
4 channel amp, depend on brand and what you actually want. Roughly around RM500 to RM600. Get the ones which is reliable and good enough. Don't get a too cheap one. Buy one that can still be used when you plan to upgrade your system once you have more money.

Originally posted by cacin@Mar 25 2005, 11:53
[snapback]839627[/snapback]​
y still keep the rear speakers? the other 2channel for front speakers lar....
rear speaker will spoil your sounstage

tight....but still squeezable.... :lol:
get an amp....around those 700 to 800...dun bother of buying much since u dont have big funds....better get quality stuff bit by bit n in the end u can get a complete good set of ICE....

it it were me...i'd get me a 900 amp...then connect wif the speakers n woofers u already had....100 if for labour plus wiring.... :D

Originally posted by calvinhpk+Mar 25 2005, 14:31 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calvinhpk @ Mar 25 2005, 14:31 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cacin@Mar 25 2005, 11:53
[snapback]840066[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Hmm... For my current stock HU, the rear connector are the RCA pre - amp out. So, if use the balance and fader setting on the HU, rear and front setting of the HU and actual setting will be reversed. Stock speaker are connected to front output of HU but placed at the back of the car.
This is how I plan to do my I.C.E later......

One more reason is, the stock speaker can be used for rear fill. High pass can be set at a not to high freq. Since stock speaker are normally 2 way (right?). By the way, you can also use the fader setting of the HU to pull the soundstage to front if you connect the tweeter.

Originally posted by cacin+Mar 25 2005, 15:22 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cacin @ Mar 25 2005, 15:22 )</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by calvinhpk@Mar 25 2005, 14:31
<!--QuoteBegin-cacin
@Mar 25 2005, 11:53

[snapback]840066[/snapback]​

Hmm... For my current stock HU, the rear connector are the RCA pre - amp out. So, if use the balance and fader setting on the HU, rear and front setting of the HU and actual setting will be reversed. Stock speaker are connected to front output of HU but placed at the back of the car.
This is how I plan to do my I.C.E later......

One more reason is, the stock speaker can be used for rear fill. High pass can be set at a not to high freq. Since stock speaker are normally 2 way (right?). By the way, you can also use the fader setting of the HU to pull the soundstage to front if you connect the tweeter.
[snapback]840190[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
understand what u mean....reverse the front n rear.....

my settings oso like that.. front n rear reverse 1.. duno y... i've cut the wiring for the rear stock speakers as oledi kong... so should i change back the front output to the front? instead of front n rear reversed? how to do 1?

i think he should get a set of component for front and 2/4channel amp to power it up first.. sub later.

Originally posted by artnet@Mar 27 2005, 10:33
i think he should get a set of component for front and 2/4channel amp to power it up first.. sub later.
[snapback]844094[/snapback]​
The plan is to have an upgrade that is worth it and noticable. What is lacking from a stock audio? Bass right? That's why the subwoofer is adviseable. However, we are only giving suggestions :) The final decision is still up to him :)
The plan would be,

1st phase
get a woofer, 4 channel amp that can be used in 4/3/2 mode and a tweeter set. Install everything and use back the stock speakers to save cost. Amp will be powering the woofer and the stock speakers. Or the woofer and the tweeter.

2nd phase.
get a 2 channel amp to power the woofer. Use the 4 channel to power a component set and the tweeter. The stock speakers can be removed. Get a new HU if the current one does not have 2 RCA pre amp out or get an electronic crossover. Can get another woofer too if the amp can power it and the space allows it.

3rd phase.
Now...it's up to you and your budget :)

The plan is to have an upgrade that is worth it and noticable. What is lacking from a stock audio? Bass right? That's why the subwoofer is adviseable. However, we are only giving suggestions :) The final decision is still up to him :)
The plan would be,

1st phase
get a woofer, 4 channel amp that can be used in 4/3/2 mode and a tweeter set. Install everything and use back the stock speakers to save cost. Amp will be powering the woofer and the stock speakers. Or the woofer and the tweeter.

2nd phase.
get a 2 channel amp to power the woofer. Use the 4 channel to power a component set and the tweeter. The stock speakers can be removed. Get a new HU if the current one does not have 2 RCA pre amp out or get an electronic crossover. Can get another woofer too if the amp can power it and the space allows it.

3rd phase.
Now...it's up to you and your budget :)
[snapback]849533[/snapback]​

he has woofer liao la dei....

i think he need 2 get a 4ch first...
power it up whacking the woofer...
front comp power by HU
later oni get a decent front comp..

stock front comp if use amp to whack will kong easily..
mine just last for 3 days :lol:

ok..
i already got mohawk component set
and plan to get rodek 4chnl amp which cost 7++

cann arr if divide this 4chnl = 2chnl for comp set 2 chnl blast 2X10"subwofer(cap ayam)
the subwoofer get enough power or not ??
if im not mistaken.. the 4chnl amp is 250watX4 rodek
and my subwoofer write 300watt behind the speker.. but i dont think it is 300watt..

how should i seperate it ?
rodek amp is ok or not ?

Originally posted by s15@Mar 29 2005, 09:32
he has woofer liao la dei....

i think he need 2 get a 4ch first...
power it up whacking the woofer...
front comp power by HU
later oni get a decent front comp..

stock front comp if use amp to whack will kong easily..
mine just last for 3 days :lol:
[snapback]849779[/snapback]​

Haha, :D must have forgot that. But actually, got 2 people asking questions here. :)
Maybe because you play the volume to high that's why the speakers kong?
Oh, btw, make a high pass filter for the rear stock speakers. If you don't want to use the speakers, also ok la...

Top Bottom