what items from AE101 halfcut can fit into standard SE?

brandonzzz

Sep 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear sifu-sifu sekalian,

Really need your guidancess for this:

I was driving Toyota SE 1.3. Got a gasket burnt two weeks ago. In view of the cost of repair is high and problems will continue after that, I decided to look for AE101 or AE111 halfcut to fit into this car.

Being searching for halfcut for a week. Got a few silvertop manual, blacktop auto and blacktop 5-spds MT.

The kedai potong boss told me that AE101 & AE111 are quite difference from SE, especially the bodyparts. AE101 & AE111 are 2-doors car and the width of the car are lesser. In view of this, many people only take the engine and throw away bumper, head lamp, driveshaft, dashboard, side mirror etc.

Can anyone tell if the width difference is true? If that is true, are these parts from halfcut able to be used?
1. Driveshaft (levin driveshaft same length?)
2. power steering (turning angle and length)
3. Dashboard, (will it be problem to use back original dash board? )
4. side mirror (currently SE is manual mirror)
5. head light (looks similar, but the boss say not fit one)
6. suspension (the halfcut Fr suspension very complicated type)
7. steering handle (half cut not with steering handle)

Really appreciate for guidance from otai-otai. I've being searching through and get differences feedback, really pening:burnout:

Thank you in advance! Cheers!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, need your input here. I am planning to change my stock alarm to 2 way alarm for my Civic FD1. Budget is RM500 and below. I've seen many STEELMATE 898G PRO-II alarm on the net but not much reviews. Is any one of you using 2 way alarm ? Please share / suggest.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience