what is chassis/body strengthening?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What i know of is insurance wont cover if found there are autofoam or chasis changes on your car during claim. It is either a loss to you for your car
Not really. My wira has autofoam. Didnt affect claim when I got rear ended. Just that when they did repairs, the foam has to be dug out from the side sill.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
After the penang bridge news
I think I need to do something like this d. Scary news
When you say chassis strengthening, which car from the accident did you mean? The CX5 or the Vios? What do you have in mind? Which of your cars do you plan to do it to?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
What i know of is insurance wont cover if found there are autofoam or chasis changes on your car during claim. It is either a loss to you for your car
nah no issues there, have enquired.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
so what u mean is if I intend to use the car for the next 10 years, doing autofoaming is probably a waste of money and best to keep stock since wear and tear is bound to happen? bec I want to know that I will be spending some good earned money into something that actually provides the benefit i seek haha
A Toyota Altis will outperform a Perodua Myvi no matter how you autofoam it. And a 5 series will outperform a 1 series no matter how you autofoam it. Cars keep improving. Better save money and buy a better car 10 years down the road.

Of course if you plan to drive the car until the wheels fall off, then you can autofoam it.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
A Toyota Altis will outperform a Perodua Myvi no matter how you autofoam it. And a 5 series will outperform a 1 series no matter how you autofoam it. .
When you said outperform, I take it you mean from a safety viewpoint. On this, I agree with your views

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
When you said outperform, I take it you mean from a safety viewpoint. On this, I agree with your views
Not only safety, but NVH as well.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For the given examples, I agree on NVH too but if handling is a consideration, I might digress
Well in my example, con9lan7firm Altis will outperform Myvi in handling no matter what you do (been there done that). Of course it depends on the cars being compared.

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
When you say chassis strengthening, which car from the accident did you mean? The CX5 or the Vios? What do you have in mind? Which of your cars do you plan to do it to?
I have a myvi and a latio
Of course myvi gets priority.

But i am concerned on this insurance claim thing in case of accident and also of super stiff since I have stage 1 bars installed

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

But i am concerned on this insurance claim thing in case of accident and also of super stiff since I have stage 1 bars installed
Autofoam isnt that stiff. No need worry about it. It's more of a NVH aid rather than chassis stiffener.

I asked earlier but you might have missed my query. What did you hope to accomplish from stiffening with regards to the PG accident? If Vios, stiffening to have better handling to avoid losing control. Or with CX5 to better withstand getting smashed into?

I dont think chassis stiffening might have protected the CX5 much. For protection, do like Ixeo mention. You need a bigger sturdier vehicle

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

GAHHH.. what the [censored] is stage 1 bars laaaa jeez. Just say what bars you have. Stage stage stage is all bull shit.

If you're worried about insurance claims then everything you mod on your car can be a liability. Bars included. Non-standard rims. Tinted windows. Non-standard exhaust. Etc etc. If you wanna do it just do it and drive sensibly. No one asked you to drive like Lewis Hamilton on the roads.

My Wira had every bar UR had to offer installed, coilovers, sound proofing, chassis alignment kits (like stiff ring), half set Superpro bushes and super hard sidewall tyres with my lightweight 15" rims, and I was going to do Autofoam before I sold it off. Now when I think back about my car, I wish I hadn't sold it. Anyway, I modified it because I wanted something specific from the mods. Handling, NVH improvement, steering feel, etc. I didn't bother with "stage 1 2 3 4 5" whatever crap and just modded based on what I wanted. You should do the same and don't listen to hearsay. Try out or get feedback from others who have done it and then decide whether you want to spend your money on similar mods.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My Wira had every bar UR had to offer installed, coilovers, sound proofing, chassis alignment kits (like stiff ring), half set Superpro bushes and super hard sidewall tyres with my lightweight 15" rims, and I was going to do Autofoam before I sold it off. Now when I think back about my car, I wish I hadn't sold it.
Sob. I never got to ride in it

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sounds like a very nice car. Such regret never got to view it up close.
I didn't even get to see the #bmw1jzparking

It's like big foot, you speak of it, heard of it, never seen it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i juz got saman from traffic police today .... the fine required wasnt listed there ... only thing written there is 2.Seksyen 16(1) melakukan galangan dengan meletakkan kenderaan yang tidak selaris dengan jalan .... the road is wide n how come causing obstruction ... anyone know how to check for the fine required n whats the best way to solve this shit ... sifu2 pls advice me thankyou :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience