what is Alpine Bass Engine feature?anyone know?

83cat

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
what is Alpine Bass Engine feature?anyone know?

is it worth of alpine basic 9843 with rm600+ compare with sonyGT450 that have 24bits, 2.5v and 3 rca output with same price, which to get??

the Alpine Bass Engine feature seems interesting to me, accually what is it and how's its perform while others brand don have?

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
bass engine i guess some EQ function just like bass boost

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
I hope this helps. This info was taken from crutchfield.com

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Bass Engine:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Bass Control:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Bass Center Frequency: Select from 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Bass Band Width: Select from 1 (narrow) to 4 (wide)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Bass Level: Select from -7 to +10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Treble Control:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Treble Center Frequency: Select from 7.5kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz or 15kHz[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Treble Level: -7 to +7[/FONT]
Judging from the description, it looks like a parametric eq to me. However, do correct me if Im wrong ok?

I don't think the sony HU got a parametic EQ. What I would do when shopping for a HU would be to hunt down the user manual online. From there normally you can see what the HU is really offering. You know la... the website normally is used for marketing ma... same feature between different brand, just use different 'fancy' names :_:
peace :shades_smile:

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Well... comparing specs:

Sony CDX-GT450
Features

* S-MOSFET 208 Watts Max (52 x 4)
* Front Aux-Input
* CD/MP3/WMA/ATRAC3 Playback with ID TAG
* 24BIT Digital to Analogue Converter
* Pre-Out x 3 (Front + Rear + Sub)
* RM-X151 - Wireless Card Remote (incl.)
* CD/MD Changer Control - UniLink
* Display Type - 3 Colour LED/13 Segment LCD
* EQ3 Stage2 - 3Band EQ/7Presets
* DSO II - Dynamic Sound Stage
* CD-R/RW Playback
* CD-Text Display/Scroll
* BBE-MP
* SSIR-EXA Digital Tuner
* Preset - FM18/AM12
* Tel ATT/Navi ATT

Alpine CDE-9843

Key Features
• 45W x 4 High Power Amplifier
• Bass Engine®
-Subwoofer Level Control
-Bass Center Frequency Control
-Bass Band Width Adjustment
-Treble Center Frequency Control
• CD-R/RW Playback
• MP3 Decoder/Playback
• MP3 Text Information Display
• Rotary Encoder Volume Control
• MaxTune Tuner
• Regulated 1-Bit DAC
• 1 PreOut
• Detachable Trim Plate
• Anti-Theft Detachable Front Panel
• QuickSearch Function (MP3 Files)

I would rather say that the Sony seemed like a much more better deal in terms of the features, even if you need to add additional amplifiers, there's no need for an additional pre-amp as it already has 3 pre-outs compared to only a single pre-out on the Alpine, and it has 24-bit DAC which IMO sounds more detail than a regular 1-bit DAC, but of coz, it's personal preference as i don't have scientific proof to back that up. The only downside i see is that the Alpine *might* be having a parametric EQ but not too sure about the Sony as it only says 3 Band EQ.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
referring to the sony I have, the 3band eq (EQ3) is just a normal 3 band graphic EQ. Something like low, mid and high. The thing is, I don't know what frequency it is boosting or cutting. :emoticon_U:

The plus point that i want to say on the sony is the DSO. It raises the soundstage if you only have coaxial speakers on your doors. If you have a component set, well, I can say that you might not need this feature.

any reason why you are only looking at these 2 HU? At this price range, any HU comes with better feature?

83cat

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
alcon06 and cacin, u two are god to me, thankyou very much, as alcon06, i am not consider about brand thing, and yes to buy a HU is very easy, but to buy with knowing with HU u need is really not easy... man, but seems it is both branded, i will more see on feature that it's give and the quality of HU, not brand( but not un-randed one becos worry about quality)

Cacin, thanyou very much, u just say my unfamiliar and understand about the SOny' DSO, as i see this SOny interesting to me becos of its 24bit's, the DSO features, and 2 pre-out compare to basic sony model,

as say the SOny with add this 3 features is the CDA-350GT about rm550, compare with basic CDA-150GT, about rm 380, it is worth for about rm180 for the 24bits, DSO and etc??

as i am using component with amp at front door waja...that's mean DSO is no use for me aready...

i am also considering others brand HU, but does not have known about them..like sony DSO, Alpine bass engine.. i am looking around rm500-600, rm550 HU with perferable 24bits, atleast 2 preout, no need mp3 and vcd and looks..

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The Alpine provide 3 type Bass Engine, depend on which models
1) Bass Engine - Functions that provide enhanced bass and greater bass management.
2) Bass Engine Plus - A combination of functions that enhance bass and offer extremely fine control over bass and total tonal response.
3) Bass Engine Pro - Advanced technologies and functions that provide the equivalent of a highly sophisticated digital signal processor right in the head unit.

BASS ENGINE PRO
a) 5 Band Parametric EQ:-
- Adjustable Frequency Band 1: 20hz to 500hz 1/3 oct. steps
Band 2: 50hz to 1.2khz 1/3 oct.steps
Band 3: 125hz to 3.2khz 1/3 oct. steps
Band 4: 315hz to 8khz 1/3 oct.steps
Band 5: 800hz to 20khz 1/3 oct.steps
b) Time Correction:- Creates virtual speaker positions so all sounds reach your ears at the same time for optimum sound imaging, with the sound focused at the ideal position front & centre, mean greater precision.
- 6ch for Time Correction (adj btw right, left & Sub)
- F-L,F-R,R-R,R-L,SW-L & SW-L
c) 24db Digital Crossover 2 or 3 way
- 2-way band : Front, Rear & Sub-W
- Adjustable Frequency: 20hz to 200hz 1/3 oct. steps
- 3-way Band: High(tweeter), Mid-H Mid-L (Bandpass) & low (Sub)
- Adjustable Frequency: High - 1khz to 20khz 1/3 oct.Steps
Mid H - 20hz to 20khz 1/3 oct. Steps
Mid L - 20hz to 200hz 1/3 oct.steps
Low - 20hz to 200hz 1/3 oct.Steps
- Adjustment Slope (db/oct): Flat - 6 - 12 - 18 - 24
- Adjustment Level Range (db) 0 to -12 (1db steps)
d) 7 Band Graphic EQ:
- Band 63hz, 150hz, 400hz, 1khz, 2.5khz, 6.3khz, 15khz
- Adjustable Level Range (db) -6 to +6 (1db Steps)
- Bandwidth (Q Factor) 1.5
e) Subwoofer Phase Selector:- Switches the phase of the low bass signal btw normal & reverse, which can improve the overall response of the system
- 0 degree to 180 degree
d) Subwoofer Level Control:- thoroughly improved upon conventional methods of subwoofer level control by adjusting setting so that bass volume never exceed the main volume of the HU.

saintambrose

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Subang,SA
apline is design for the sound of bass.
the sound should be more clear than sony.

for me i take alpine
coz alpine are expensive stuff
since both are same price, you paying alpine for quality and sony are for features.

so how many times did u guy touch ur HU features beside the P-EQ
we normall plug in the CD and listen
so i prefer to pay on quality not the fucntion

EG, for a a digital camera, expensive 1 with a lot of features like night mode, double effect, scenery mode, potrait mode, some i see got restaurant mode, outdoor mode, whateva mode
who will set their camera with those mode every time they take photo.
i guess most of us just use the Default mode (Program mode) and click the button onli
maybe certain time onli we use the special mode like nite mode. other are just the product selling point. tryin to sell more expensive with all the function which we don even use
right arrr?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For me, the next cars I'll buy would probably be:

1.Daily driver will be a super advanced Level 4 autonomous car (looking at you Volvo). So I don't have to "drive" the thing. Probably a wagon, or an SUV.

In the meantime, stuff like autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control...is just part and parcel of the real autonomous car. Still can't sleep on the wheel. So don't see a point in buying "part" automatic car.

2.Weekend car will be a bare basics car, down to the bone. I really like the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience