What are you driving now?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
K3VET had like 130hp. With that kind of power and weight, it can be very fast.

But Vios and Wira's weight differences is not so far apart. Wira should be like 1000kg while Vios is like around 1100kg plus? 1NZ-FE had 17hp more than 4G15. In that video, Vios is much newer than Wira too, so when it comes to engine condition, Vios should have an advantage. But it could be that the 4G15 is very well maintained as well.
well.. we never know since how is the person control the car and manual vios? never drive before.
still remember that this proton gentolak (gen 2) auto is more powerful than manual as we tested before but vios really dont know..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The forum have slowed down a lot. Many are into fb and apps group.
If forum still have many sifus willing to part with their knowledge is a good place to learn too.
When I first joined AW forum was new also, but I had base knowledge on tyre/wheels, car maintenance and a little on other things. Then learn other things from the sifus like detailing, track day stuff and so on. Learning is never ending, new stuffs or things you think you know but don't will crop up.....lol:biggrin:
Last time, there isn't much platform for people to talk about cars and share their knowledge or experience. Now with social media like fb, everyone can just share it easily without creating a new account or follow these strict forum rules. Not to mention in order to participate in ZTH, a certain level of English mastery is needed or else you can't really understand what are we discussing here. :biggrin:

I know there is one big Chinese car group at Facebook with a lot of posts but mostly they are just ricers over there. Since I can't read chinese and I am too lazy to translate everything, I did not bother about that group. But most of these Chinese users will not come to forum like ZTH since they might have difficulties in trying to explain what they want to say.

But to me "ICE" is In Car Entertainment.......lol:rofl:

Got quite a few, even some from my group....
Your group? Your DIY gang?

i Doubt it will happen that fast in malaysia. No 'gain' for 'you know who'..hahaha

lovely cars guy. dont join car club, you'll get poison.:biggrin:
Definitely a bad thing for many people if it happens so soon in Malaysia. For one, petrol stations are going to suffer a major blow on their business. This is not good for Petronas as well. Bad news for Proton and Perodua since they don't have the tech to make full electric cars yet. Next group that might suffer would be those in spare parts industry. Spare parts shop will suffer since electric cars don't need engine oil, spark plugs and all those mechanical bits in internal combustion engine. The rise of electric cars will destroy the rice bowl of all these people.

In the mean time, those in the electrical industry such as those who manufacture wiring, batteries, electric motors will thrive. Perhaps it is a good thing to encourage young people who haven't started university to study electrical engineering now.... :biggrin:

well.. we never know since how is the person control the car and manual vios? never drive before.
still remember that this proton gentolak (gen 2) auto is more powerful than manual as we tested before but vios really dont know..
You can try watching the video and see how did that guy drive his Vios. That guy did the test 3 times with Wira. He launched his car at different RPM for 3 times and every single time, his Vios totally can't take lead at all. Technology wise, 1NZ-FE should be way ahead of 4G15. 16 Valve, DOHC with VVT-i. 4G15 is only 12 Valve, SOHC without any variable valve timing system.

Gen2 test with what car? Wira 1.5 manual?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Lots of friend in factory, mostly not interested in DIT or TT. :banghead:
The nearest i can think, drive to see renesis and do engine bay washing....hahahaha
Superbike gang very active tho.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I had many many groups, both from AW and ZTH. Other than DIY/DIT groups got detailing gang, then car groups too. Even though have VR, but I attend Toyota, Rexton, PUG, Mix car groups etc....:biggrin:
Your influence in this field is too big. Even tyre companies invited you for their tyre testing on track. :biggrin:

But I guess the group that you are closest with would be the one that I know too? Izso, Cvkit, stupidcar, suprafanatics, titanrev, iszuark, fstrader, danzeterna.

hope Penang have this diy/dit group. As uncle said before, penang left me. :sleep:
Now you are ZTH Penang representative. You start one group and see if can attract anyone or not. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The nearest i can think, drive to see renesis and do engine bay washing....hahahaha
I'm quite sure your engine is clean enough since newly transplanted. :biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
You can try watching the video and see how did that guy drive his Vios. That guy did the test 3 times with Wira. He launched his car at different RPM for 3 times and every single time, his Vios totally can't take lead at all. Technology wise, 1NZ-FE should be way ahead of 4G15. 16 Valve, DOHC with VVT-i. 4G15 is only 12 Valve, SOHC without any variable valve timing system.

Gen2 test with what car? Wira 1.5 manual?
saw the video but really no comment since never drove a manual vios before but auto is very nice to drive..
if the vidoe is really true, then that means need to check that vios manual since last time driving L5s Kancil easily takeover Wira 1.5 manual even with shooting moon exhaust also like nothing but vios auto is totally different things where unable to overtake at all, both are the same speed and pickup until my 3rd gear that vios say bye bye to me..
both Wira and Vios tested at toll booth in highway after paying the toll side by side even Vios TRD more powerful than vios as can feel that it starting to pass me when me at second gear :driver:
Still happy since my is Kancil L5s Auto:burnout: just remap using afc neo

last time gen2 manual vs gen2 auto going genting.. me driving gen2 manual and another friend gen2 auto totally stock.. auto can overtake manual easily but manual want to overtake auto:bawling:
a very big :hmmmm: to all of us..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They have to have interest in cars. If not, is a lost case too......lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your influence in this field is too big. Even tyre companies invited you for their tyre testing on track. :biggrin:

But I guess the group that you are closest with would be the one that I know too? Izso, Cvkit, stupidcar, suprafanatics, titanrev, iszuark, fstrader, danzeterna.

Now you are ZTH Penang representative. You start one group and see if can attract anyone or not. :biggrin:
Used to be AW detailing gang. Our grand master is Auto Detailer boss. As mentioned many due to work and family drop out from the scene. I then join ZTH gang mentioned above by you. This group more diverse, so we can DIT many things, from cars, maintenance, detailing, painting, touge, etc. etc.... :driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
They have to have interest in cars. If not, is a lost case too......lol
they have interest in car, but all keep in house. Weekend drive.
When i first drive wira to factory, no one expected is me. See, i'm so good...wahahaha :rolleyes:
Factory got 3 FD2, one civic big VTEC, one 1jz, one kelisa turbo, 2 nissan neo engine, last my puny wira.
Many cars with bling bling wheels, big mufflers, ICE for show.
To be honest, is lost case. :bawling:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When i first drive wira to factory, no one expected is me. See, i'm so good...wahahaha :rolleyes:
Factory got 3 FD2, one civic big VTEC, one 1jz, one kelisa turbo, 2 nissan neo engine, last my puny wira.
All Rice not Race......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Used to be AW detailing gang. Our grand master is Auto Detailer boss. As mentioned many due to work and family drop out from the scene. I then join ZTH gang mentioned above by you. This group more diverse, so we can DIT many things, from cars, maintenance, detailing, painting, touge, etc. etc.... :driver:
Auto Detailer boss? I think I have some memory of such person but forgot his name.

I see that you have been promoted to moderator. Congratulations, uncle VR2. :party:

No one thought you are car modder guy is it?

Civic big VTEC means running on B16 or B18. 1JZ-GTE on what car? Your factory a lot of mod kaki.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Got mod kaki, but they don like dit.
Mostly those superbike group are active.
Not the car mod kaki.

Oh ya....congrats UncleVR

Last edited: