water temp issue on rb25det....help... thanks

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i wish to find out, with our hot weather esp during afternoon, whats your ride water temp and oil temp? both water n oil, for mine, are da same reading, for eg, if my water temp is at 80c den my oil wil b around that figure 2... is dsi correct?

also, when da car is stationary, with the air cond on, da reading will go up above 100degrees... i had recently serviced my air cond, replaced my clutch fan,,,... what other issues cud it be?

pls advice thanks

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Previous on my RB25 STD rad water temp is

82-85deg on normal running,idle abt 86-88deg on noon
Full throttle, max boost 92-95deg on noon

Oil temp is 10-12deg over water temp (water temp 80, oil temp is 90deg)

Wht kind of service being done?Clog/rust cleaning?

others might be:

1. Radiator fin is bend and less air go through.
2. Jammed thermostat which open valve late
3. Clogging water line in engine block
4. Wear out water pump.Always being replace after 100000km or tghr wth timing belt.

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
fix'd it,,, its due to one of da hoses leakin water...

thanks ppls!!!

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
oh no, anohter issue arrised,, now when my car engine bay goes super hot, my air compressor stops working... thise happensw hen my car is stationary.. but my water temp is never exceeds 100 degrees...one i start driving it, da air cond kicks back in,,, i was told dat da engine bay is 2 hot...it blows out hot air...!!!

any ideas???

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Are you running on stock engine or been tweaked before? Any foundation works been done on your engine before you gun it all the way?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Skyline aircond is the coolest ever feel!hee.Have you service the A/C before?Running on too low/high load aircond gas will rise the compressor temp as well.
Try service it especially on valve.I got chocked valve before becoz of dirty.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Proton air-cond (Denso) is the best la bro. :wavey:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Service ur aircond. Nothing to do with water temp.

MY personal experience, Frontier has the coolest aircond. I think running on APM. Damn freezing at noon. But the compressor dont last long.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
From water temp to aircond now ah?? Hmmm....we are good....off topic that fast...haa haa haaa:driver: :driver: :driver:

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
lol KAkaka i dunno ey,, diff workshop giving diff opinions :(

i dun even noe what to look at, i left my car at an air cond shop b4,,, but dey said was due to da coolin effect of da car,,,, da engine bay is extremely hot...

i'll try service it again

... was thinkin to look for a nismo thermostat, but dunno where 2 get... any one noes? im scared most ppl dun hav existing stock

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
gti[GSR];3545175 said:

i dun even noe what to look at, i left my car at an air cond shop b4,,, but dey said was due to da coolin effect of da car,,,, da engine bay is extremely hot...

... was thinkin to look for a nismo thermostat, but dunno where 2 get... any one noes? im scared most ppl dun hav existing stock
I think kimanari (if I spell his name correctly) on this ZTH do have that in stock but not so sure though...try look for him at ZTH and PM him. Good luck :biggrin:

sunseeker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
KL
gti[GSR];3545175 said:

Have you managed to solve the temp issue on your car ? Lately, been facing the similar problem as you did. I have checked, the thermostat is working fine, I even try to run a bit rich during idling and recently i have installed a ventilated bonet, still encounter high temp problem. If more than 20 minutes on the idling in the evening (not to mention during noon time) , the after market temp meter shows 100 degree (and keep pushing upwards) but the dash board water temp indicator still remain unchange (could be doggy ?).

Any expert advice ?:adore:

Thanks

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Have you managed to solve the temp issue on your car ? Lately, been facing the similar problem as you did. I have checked, the thermostat is working fine, I even try to run a bit rich during idling and recently i have installed a ventilated bonet, still encounter high temp problem. If more than 20 minutes on the idling in the evening (not to mention during noon time) , the after market temp meter shows 100 degree (and keep pushing upwards) but the dash board water temp indicator still remain unchange (could be doggy ?).

Any expert advice ?:adore:

Thanks
Check ur fan. May not spinning fast already. How did u test ur water thermostat? Have u serviced ur car?

sunseeker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
KL
Check ur fan. May not spinning fast already. How did u test ur water thermostat? Have u serviced ur car?
Fan not spin fast enough ? Hmmm .... Anyway to fix it ? Or i have to go chop shop to hunt for a replacement ?
I opened up the radiator tap and then monitor the water temp meter (after market one) about 88-90 degree and then i can see the water inside the radiator tank went down and then up again .. so i believe the thermostat is doing the job ? By the way, does the radiator cap faulty also contribute the issue ?
Well I have sent my car for service few months back, i seldom drive the car, only during weekend. What worry me is that when i have my 2 kids on board, and the stuck in traffic jam, then die lor ....

Thanks for all the expert advice.:adore:

Cheers

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a question is ..currentlu ..
i have installed a RSM in my car ..and when im on IDling my rsm can go to 4-11k rev on it on self while my car is not movin ..
and the Speedo meter that i running on KMPH and the RSM is not moving ..
i have fix the RSM on Sunway AMoil ..but they said is my wiring problem..im using VR4 engine with original ECU ..double check of Wiring connect to rsm..and there is not cut off and etc..

what the meaning of Output Select in RSM SP1 ?
what is Sp0 /...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience