WAI HENG EXHAUST service too good already,maybe over good.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
I don't know how to say this but this is my general rule when visiting any shops, garage or similar places.
for instance, in Msia, I know how rude some blue collar workers can be. Not to say they are uneducated or anything.
But the fact is the ego-ness that drives ppl in developing countries go mad.
This is a typical case I always read in ZTH.. Always there's problem between customers against foreman and employees.
So the deal is, always look well informed when visiting workshops..
Do your research properly before heading out but not the case if u r in rush of fixing something..
Some Asian ppl tend to look superior when they are good at something or they "represent" something big..
For example, this guy TS mentioned changed the manifold of his BLM..
this guy certainly act cocky and knows theres this big wai heng workshop or whatever backing him up...

What my point is, don't look like a bloody noob when visiting workshops where there's possibility you are facing some wankers..
Not saying TS is one of them but I guess you guys did catch my drift right?
Show them who are the boss there.. You are the customer man.. Why get bullied over something u paying for?
If he's taking the manifold out, give him that bossy look stare as if you are better than him..
You are paying him because they got facilities tools and everything..
Believe me, if I have those garage jacks and everything, I don't even need to visit workshop anymore..
I can just do some google search on simple daily fixes..

Unless that guy happen to be your close friend then it will be good..
I don't have that much friend working in garage or stuff though..

That's why I always try not to look extra stupid when I drop by some garage or anything..
Once you step your foot down on peoples turf, don't stutter and get to the point why you were there!!!

No, my 2cents have ntg to do with TS bad exp but I'm just sharing my 2 pennies...
it's all about counteracting the blue collar rudeness bs psychology...

I reckon none of you know what I'm talking about

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I don't know how to say this but this is my general rule when visiting any shops, garage or similar places.
for instance, in Msia, I know how rude some blue collar workers can be. Not to say they are uneducated or anything.
But the fact is the ego-ness that drives ppl in developing countries go mad.
This is a typical case I always read in ZTH.. Always there's problem between customers against foreman and employees.
So the deal is, always look well informed when visiting workshops..
Do your research properly before heading out but not the case if u r in rush of fixing something..
Some Asian ppl tend to look superior when they are good at something or they "represent" something big..
For example, this guy TS mentioned changed the manifold of his BLM..
this guy certainly act cocky and knows theres this big wai heng workshop or whatever backing him up...

What my point is, don't look like a bloody noob when visiting workshops where there's possibility you are facing some wankers..
Not saying TS is one of them but I guess you guys did catch my drift right?
Show them who are the boss there.. You are the customer man.. Why get bullied over something u paying for?
If he's taking the manifold out, give him that bossy look stare as if you are better than him..
You are paying him because they got facilities tools and everything..
Believe me, if I have those garage jacks and everything, I don't even need to visit workshop anymore..
I can just do some google search on simple daily fixes..

Unless that guy happen to be your close friend then it will be good..
I don't have that much friend working in garage or stuff though..

That's why I always try not to look extra stupid when I drop by some garage or anything..
Once you step your foot down on peoples turf, don't stutter and get to the point why you were there!!!

No, my 2cents have ntg to do with TS bad exp but I'm just sharing my 2 pennies...
it's all about counteracting the blue collar rudeness bs psychology...

I reckon none of you know what I'm talking about
Lol... We understand la bro... But for me, normally I will project an image of friendless and un-cockiness first la... Because you know, some cb low-mannered workers, cannot take an image or success or somebody better than them. I don't want them to feel intimidated and then alter vandalise the car or something.. Normally I will talk to them nicely. Well, I guess needs different approach for diff ppl. It's hard to know initially what kind of ppl they are and what kind of technique is best when dealing with them... :burnout:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
usually i play the friendly cards when visiting workshops that i dont know (which is rare)

i only visit 3 workshops in my life...
the manufacturer SC, and 2 of the other workshop is run by my friends...
so yeah..

stupid me for not calling my friends when i decided to get my exhaust leak fix...
i just hope in to JFA and voila... kena rip...

HAHAHA
=.=

RacingFanatics

1,000 RPM
Aug 31, 2008
All my customer and my exhaust system done by Chi Wah at USJ Industrial par; ( good and cheap workmanship ) but to bad...he quit and close the shop and now

my exhaust system done by Chi Wah Sifu , Mr Hing at USJ Industrial park also named A.H Exhaust

Good argon welding, good workmanship ....price ..ok lar..cheaper than JFA of coz ...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Lol... We understand la bro... But for me, normally I will project an image of friendless and un-cockiness first la... Because you know, some cb low-mannered workers, cannot take an image or success or somebody better than them. I don't want them to feel intimidated and then alter vandalise the car or something.. Normally I will talk to them nicely. Well, I guess needs different approach for diff ppl. It's hard to know initially what kind of ppl they are and what kind of technique is best when dealing with them... :burnout:
me same like u bro....but once they f**ked up my car i will f**k them back.....
make sure they will compensate me....

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
usually i play the friendly cards when visiting workshops that i dont know (which is rare)

i only visit 3 workshops in my life...
the manufacturer SC, and 2 of the other workshop is run by my friends...
so yeah..

stupid me for not calling my friends when i decided to get my exhaust leak fix...
i just hope in to JFA and voila... kena rip...

HAHAHA
=.=
I did exhaust for my cars at JFA and fully satisfied. Last time still Malay workers, now I think Myanmar workers oso. Both satisfied.

At the same time, I can see new Honda City with owner so fresh I think just got out of school. The workmanship is very, very basic: welded and painted black on the weld. Summore old pipe connected to new pipe and then connected to old pipe again: like rojak one. At JFA oso.

You know what I think?

I think why the owner so dumb didn't tell JFA to do nicer? It's your money mahhh... why keep quiet oni, see oni like afraid...

If it's me ah, I will tell the worker "Bro, you think I love wasting my time to see you do a shitty job on my car?"

I don't think the owner don't have money, he drive a new Honda City. Well, maybe he is student at nearby college with monthly allowance given by dad and car oso dad provides.

Just that, when you go to exhaust shops, you need to know your stuff lar. Help yourself. Don't stick out your neck waiting for somebody to chop your head off. When you arrive:

1. Tell what size pipe you want: 2", 2.25/2.3", 2.5", 3"
2. Tell what material you want: white steel, stainless steel, aluminium
3. Tell what kind of piping route: straight or along factory route
4. Tell what kind of weld you want: MIG or TIG

Like order Starbucks. You go there, you tell him: Abang, I want 2.5", stainless steel, factory route, TIG-welded. Muffler I bought ady. BANG! Now he knows you know your stuff and didn't take any nonsense. So, he will treat you as a knowledgable customer.

If go shop ask Abang, what's the best for my car arr? Abang, got any muffler suitable for my car arr? Sure kena liddat...

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

So true, so true.

To interact with blue collar workers you need to think like blue collar workers. Go there, put your foot down, tell him what you want clearly and confidently without being rude. Don't be farking afraid to say NO, I DON'T WANT.

Usually, shop owners will use psychology by embarrassing you. They'll say things like "Why don't want? No money arr" and you feel insulted and challenged and you take their offer. Don't fall into the trap. Just say "I don't have budget, if you want me to take the item I can take but I won't have any money to pay you". Sure they become quiet one. Money is king mahhh...

I see a lot of young people, very skillfull, very knowledgable, can talk hours and hours about cars, they can charm girls, but comes to interacting with blue collar workers they fail big time. Basic communication failure.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
I did exhaust for my cars at JFA and fully satisfied. Last time still Malay workers, now I think Myanmar workers oso. Both satisfied.

At the same time, I can see new Honda City with owner so fresh I think just got out of school. The workmanship is very, very basic: welded and painted black on the weld. Summore old pipe connected to new pipe and then connected to old pipe again: like rojak one. At JFA oso.

You know what I think?

I think why the owner so dumb didn't tell JFA to do nicer? It's your money mahhh... why keep quiet oni, see oni like afraid...

If it's me ah, I will tell the worker "Bro, you think I love wasting my time to see you do a shitty job on my car?"

I don't think the owner don't have money, he drive a new Honda City. Well, maybe he is student at nearby college with monthly allowance given by dad and car oso dad provides.

Just that, when you go to exhaust shops, you need to know your stuff lar. Help yourself. Don't stick out your neck waiting for somebody to chop your head off. When you arrive:

1. Tell what size pipe you want: 2", 2.25/2.3", 2.5", 3"
2. Tell what material you want: white steel, stainless steel, aluminium
3. Tell what kind of piping route: straight or along factory route
4. Tell what kind of weld you want: MIG or TIG

Like order Starbucks. You go there, you tell him: Abang, I want 2.5", stainless steel, factory route, TIG-welded. Muffler I bought ady. BANG! Now he knows you know your stuff and didn't take any nonsense. So, he will treat you as a knowledgable customer.

If go shop ask Abang, what's the best for my car arr? Abang, got any muffler suitable for my car arr? Sure kena liddat..
bro if u bother reading from the top, i am there to just get the leak in my extractor welded...
plain simple...
and they still can screw up...

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
actually one of my friend intro me to this wai heng shop in KD,he told me that guy is his friend and he also did his wira exhaust there,quite good and not bad,so he recommend me to go there,god knows this shop so louya and no pro.I have learned my lesson already this time,next time i will be more careful with this type of shop,but still it has already happened,so at least i can warn others to be more careful next time and dun kena like me.So far the radiator still ok,didnt give me any prob and i hope there wont be any problem also,if not i'll have to go back there and find him coz he say he warranty it.That time when i go there,he told me his car kena splash by acid,windscreen and car body all kena,i thought it was just some crazy ppl doing it for fun coz he told me only his car kena at his housing area,now i know why,maybe other ppl also like me kena b4 and find his car for revenge,is just my guessing lar,i could be wrong though.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
bro if u bother reading from the top, i am there to just get the leak in my extractor welded...
plain simple...
and they still can screw up...
Honestly I can understand your situation and feel sorry for you. But frankly oso, I think if it was me in that situation I will come out better... two similar situations, two diff people, two diff results... maybe because my wife said I have a too abrasive personality...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Honestly I can understand your situation and feel sorry for you. But frankly oso, I think if it was me in that situation I will come out better... two similar situations, two diff people, two diff results... maybe because my wife said I have a too abrasive personality...
You mean aggressive??? :biggrin:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
actually one of my friend intro me to this wai heng shop in KD,he told me that guy is his friend and he also did his wira exhaust there,quite good and not bad,so he recommend me to go there,god knows this shop so louya and no pro.I have learned my lesson already this time,next time i will be more careful with this type of shop,but still it has already happened,so at least i can warn others to be more careful next time and dun kena like me.So far the radiator still ok,didnt give me any prob and i hope there wont be any problem also,if not i'll have to go back there and find him coz he say he warranty it.That time when i go there,he told me his car kena splash by acid,windscreen and car body all kena,i thought it was just some crazy ppl doing it for fun coz he told me only his car kena at his housing area,now i know why,maybe other ppl also like me kena b4 and find his car for revenge,is just my guessing lar,i could be wrong though.
My friend told me that a customer car got stolen few days after fight with a workshop... worse... that's the reality of a broken white collar-blue collar communication... two very diff worlds there with very diff standards...

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

You mean aggressive??? :biggrin:
Aiyoh don't say aggresive lar... I nice OK... "abrasive: Harsh and rough in manner: an unpleasant, abrasive personality."

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Best to come up with a list, and list all the names down
and in bracket, summarise what problem with this
Workshop or include a link to that thread..so others
can read and understand what happened and what
that workshop did...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus here, i'm actually new to here and wanna ask a question, hopefully all sifus can help me. I'm driving a 4g15 carb and i heard of lightening fly wheel. So wat kind of fly wheel should i choose?? thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience