VW

oGGy

Nov 17, 2003
i'm representing my friend on behalf of his vw golf ( two door ) think its the 80's model. wonder where can get the spare part for the engine? and he wonders where to get a vr6 engine. ( half cut from the jetta model ). been searching around chop shop but couldnt find the engine.pls help :blink: :blink:

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
oggy,i have a good friend of mine who's a vw golf freak. god, i am myself but by dar, still have not owned one yet. will be, hopefully the mk4 version. well, back to the story, my friend who's a lawyer builds up his own golf. right now, his daily ride is the '86 golf gti mk2 wolfsburg edition. one word about it 'wunderbar', simply wonderful. his is as good as new if you see it. ok, to get the replacement parts, according to him, you can get it at breakers, especially in batu pahat, if i am not mistaken. but parts are pretty easy for him, as his brother is studying in the uk, and friends from singapore. if you want more, i'd introduce you to him. email me your number and your name.

one more golf is under reconstruction, the golf mk1.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Hehe.. u guys should join us at the VAG group... All VW and Audi owners are welcome.

I have a Jetta Mk3 and actually spare parts are quite ez to find. There are a few spare part shops which can get the parts for you. I normally got o See Soon in Jln Ipoh or to OEM in Taman Mayang? to get parts...

See Soon's number os 03 62586050. Give them a call and they can get parts for you.

There was also a Mk2 1/2 cut in Kajang a couple months back.. dunn oif its till there. There is a Mk3 1/2 cut in Balaking too if u r interested.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
bert, i wished i could join you guys. as i am just driving some italian car la. as vee dub, gold especially is just another passionate masterpiece to drool at, for now. i simply love the golf, esepcailly the mk4, not mk5. to me mk4 is still superb. edgey and roundy.

oGGy

Nov 17, 2003
thanks a lot ....btw i just read the euro tuner mag and impressed with their golf's, jetta's , scirrocco ( correct me if m wrong ) hit the 9-10s barrier in the quarter mile dragstrip in north america for the fwd category. no wonder my fren is desperate looking for the engine. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
oGGy,

Those definately are the modded GTi's. Also depends on which engine. If its the 1.8 NA from the Mk2, the 2.0 8 valve or the 2.0 16 valve from the Mk3 and the 1.8T from the MK4's... Hard to find the GTi engines but 2.0 engines are quite ez to find and they are quite cheap too! Found one for 3k for a halfcut but its from 1992.

Mod it up with a cam and stuff and all should be well.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
damn, another eurotuner reader. way to go, and i am trailing eurotuner as well. superb shots and good performance feedback.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Forgot to mention, those crazy fast Golfs usually have a VR6 engine inside which has been supercharged... I remember reading abotu a Mk1 golf with 2 VR6 engines inside!

oGGy

Nov 17, 2003
:D yeap...you got that rite. its a vr6 2.8 litre n/a engine being turbocharged with stock bottom end. with a little help of cams and JE pistons, their jetta's can eaasily hit 9.36 sec for the quartemile drag. tats great.

i started buying eurotuner mag eversince. good info n articles. :P

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
yup, i am all the way with eurotuner too, and going to subscribe also. cannot tahan la, see al the golfs. and by the way you guys ever heard of golf mk4 rs1 dahlback racing?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Mk4 Golfs are quite rare in Malaysia... Heck, VW's are very rare in malaysia. I think there may be more Ferrari's than Mk4 Golfs here!

I am sure you can get more info on the Dahlback racing Golf from their website though.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
yup, i love his tuning ever since i first read about his dahlback racing tuned audi, real mosnter i must say. funny sa this hans dahlback needs weed to work nicely. as for the numbers of golfs, especially mk4, well pretty hard to count as like you said, more ferrari than golf around.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good afternoon~

Nowadays, all kind of Carbon Fiber parts appeared in the market. More and more people getting it especially hood and GT Wing. So, I would like to ask...

How you guys take care/maintain your carbon fiber product to keep it shiny over years?

Normal wax?
Water clean?
Car wash shampoo?

Hope sifu sifu here can enlighten me. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience