Vios 1NZ-FE engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

koren

Known Member
Hello.. i'm from sg..

would like to know how to improve the performance of this engine the NA way..

there dun seem to be ani after market high comp pistons/gaskets available..

already open pod with semi straight through exhaust.. lightened to pulley crank pulley already..

cat is still intact.. wondering is there any 4-2-1 header ard in jb..

help u all

why not u all try to skin the flywheel...the flywheel when skin a bit slim..the engine will run more faster and can feel very light...

mm...your car is auto trans. mm..is very hard to do a modify..can u tell me what is your car model??maybe i know how to modify...be more power...because must know what car then only can modify...

Last edited:
superhero said:
mm...your car is auto trans. mm..is very hard to do a modify..can u tell me what is your car model??maybe i know how to modify...be more power...because must know what car then only can modify...

:emoticon_U: read the first post....

haha.. thanks for all the replies.. especially rollakid.. veri helpful.. thankew..

aniway to increase compression?

will sanding down the gasket work?

why not change the HI camshift and HI crankshift??that can make your car increase HP...or why not find the light camshift and crankshift....your car can more faster or modify the cylinder block....

Last edited:
koren: I'm not sure what you can do, but i've had a friend last time who shave off some of his cylinder head to get a little bit more compresion. but.. what petrol do you use in singapore? if its the same as us here using RON97 i don't think it is wise to use too high of a compresion ratio unless you can tune the ignition timing and stuff.

and since toyota's vvti ecu is too "clever", you can't really use any piggy back computers too. so, for light mod, change your filter to a hi flow drop in type replacement air filter, check out K&N, they got alot of them but not sure if they have any for a vios or not. Do not get open cone or open pod filters since they might just suck in more hot air if you drive around slowly (assuming you're always in traffic in sg).

exhaust system you can do abit of research on the net, since i'm not too good with automatic transmition exhaust setup. most people just say use S-flow muffler or stuff..

or for serious mod you can try find an aftermarket fully programable ecu to get thigns started. engine internal can be custom made but i'm not sure where you can do that, try phone crower or something lol.

superhero said:
why not change the HI camshift and HI crankshift??that can make your car increase HP...or why not find the light camshift and crankshift....your car can more faster or modify the cylinder block....
what's a HI camshift and HI crankshift?? if you mean high duration camshaft then yes you can get power from it, but not until you change your ecu, and i do not know where you can find one for a vios anyway, maybe other sifu know.

hi crankshaft? thats a new word i hear today... i have no idea what that is.. hmm.. some higher displacement stroker kit maybe? *scratch head*

light camshift and crankshift... hmm.. *blur*

i'm using ron98 over here... hmm.. ya.. i've heard increase compression will let the engine be more prone to detonation..

worksmanship here is too expensive.. think i'll go look around in jb ;)

koren said:
i'm using ron98 over here... hmm.. ya.. i've heard increase compression will let the engine be more prone to detonation..

worksmanship here is too expensive.. think i'll go look around in jb ;)
aw... i envy you, can send car to JB or even KL to tune up.. my car can't swim so i can't even send my car over :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom