Vehicle registration card issue - honda

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear All,

We purchased a brand new Honda City SE 1.5 on the 17th Day of November 2011 and 3 weeks ago the car was involved in an accident along the LDP.

Now the issue is, when the appointed repairers submitted the insurance claim, the insurers claimed that the vehicle was registered as Honda City 1.5 I-VTEC and due to this, the additional parts that came along with the City SE was not claimable !.

Note / FYI : Around the 3rd quarter of 2011, Honda Malaysia launched a limited 500 units of the Honda City SE which came in two colors, tafeeta white and black. The package included, full factory fitted modulo bodykit, tinted glass all around, 16 inches wheels and a so-called-special serial number .

Feel free to share your thoughts or experience on this matter and to the rest of you car buyers please take note of this when purchasing your vehicle.

Regards,

Satria81

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
u should contact the honda branch which sold you this car. if the response is no good...escalate to their hq then honda japan. its clearly an error on their end since they handled the registration in the first place

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
u should contact the honda brand which sold you this car. if the response is no good...escalate to their hq then honda japan. its clearly an error on their end since they handled the registration in the first place
Agree, go back to them. Was their mistake. No response then consumer tribunal......:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Or you can go to JPJ where your car was registered,

Many years ago i had done this type of amendment,

I think it requires you to fill in a form call

BORANG PINDAAN BUTIR BUTIR KENDARAAN

Now i dont know whats its called though...

Then you need to do a special inspection at Puspakom

If you cannot send the car to puspakom, you can make appointment with them through phone and their mobile units will come to inspect and a certificate of inspection will be issued to you.

At this stage probably you might need the manufacturer letter to confirm your model.

Attach both Puspakom & manufacturer certification) with your said JPJ form, and they will endorse on your original registration card with the amendment.

Hope my guideline thru experience helps, however the redtape process may varies over time just check with them on the latest procedure.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now want to make Insurance claim, so no point changing the registration card himself. Better get Honda to do the change and/or either get them to fulfill the claim

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
yep. let honda clear this mess up. its an error on their side an its their responsibility to clear it up. any problems...just go to tribunal. can hire Danz as consultant...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yep. let honda clear this mess up. its an error on their side an its their responsibility to clear it up. any problems...just go to tribunal. can hire Danz as consultant...
Yup, he saw and aware of this thread already.......:listen:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Now want to make Insurance claim, so no point changing the registration card himself. Better get Honda to do the change and/or either get them to fulfill the claim
Yes you are right.

But changing the car particulars in the reg card is no small issue...

If im not mistaken, they want the car owner to come personally,

Just to safeguard the interest of the owner and avoid third party manipulation of the details in the reg card.

Probably if you dont go personally, you may need to give an authorise letter with commissioner of oath witnessed it.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
arturo, vr2turbo, LesleyAprotto,

many thanks for the replies. i truly appreciate all of it & sorry fot this late reply.

i have actually met up with the honda agent where the car was purchased and i lost my cool at the office. they claimed that in JPJ system, there was no option for Honda City SE and HONDA had only registered it as Honda City 1.5 I-VTEC and i did not buy that story as i still feel it was the mistake of the freaking sales agent. i was then more heated up with their option to produce me a letter stating that mine was a Honda City SE ( that is worthless in totality !! plus when i want to sell away the car, the buyer will determine market value based on registration card details )

now to share further, i personally feel honda malaysia is crap when it comes to after sales service.

reasons as below;

- i had sent an email to honda malaysia and till this second i have not gotten a reply
- when the car was few days old, we noticed there was a bulge on the rear right side door panel, and they did not replace it on warranty basis.
- Worst of all for now , there is no authentic HONDA MALAYSIA collision repair center, it is only the honda dealers that repairs . if i knew of this, i would have surely gone for another make and just due to this i decided not to go on with the purchase of an accord even though they had the year end rebate.

arturo,

please provide me the email address of honda hq malaysian and in japan if available.

anyone of you with ideas, please feel free to share as i am all out to take up this case and at the same time i do not want this to happen to all of you that is reading this.
It just riles me by the way HONDA has been ! im currently away on a business trip and this is on my list-to-fix as soon i come back ! i dont mind on what i have to go through.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
satria81...i dont have the email address but my colleague gave me their customer service number. need to call up and make a formal complaint n note the incident ID . try calling 1800-88-2020. do you have the branch name? is it under Kah motors? if so , then u may need to find kah motors HQ instead of the honda malaysia HQ...

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
arturo, thank you.

noted the customer service number. will call them and dig out the most i can.

i purchased it from a honda dealer, not kah motors for sure.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my kenari is facing (i think) engine oil decrease, it is full when cold morning before start the car, and after engine running optimum temp, i shut the car off immediately and remeasure the oil level, the oil level goes down to half, is this normal?(ps. all measurement done at leveled floor) i heard some mechs said that is normal, and kenari engine oil must be measured right after car engine turned off is the most accurate, if low oil level reading resulted from that means engine oil is low...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience