V6, Ivtec, Vvti

vk9

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Sabah
go to honda and toyota showroom.... they emphasis so much on ivtec and vvti....

is it so good? how is the performance and FC if compare to v6 engine?

I am not engine savvy.... :confused_smile:

please share your knowledge with me, thanks.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
vk9, vvti n VTEC r almost same technology. at a certain rpm, the valve will act at different pace, or should i say, higher pace in layman terms.
thats why u keep hearing ppl say about when vtec open, the car its faster.

while our old V6 engine doesnt have this tech. only the newer gen has it. u cant compare 2 diff cc n engine type in terms of FC.

of course smaller cc will have better FC...that why Japanese created small cc car n intro to the US market when the recession hits them. all the American know r big cc muscle cars that drink fuels like water. they never know that small cc cars can be so fuel efficient.

our V6 engine is smoother if u compare with those normal 4 cyclinders. try seaching more info on google....there r plenty of info.

okefuat

Aug 30, 2006
NEO engine for Cefiro

Hi all,

Does all Cefiro come with NEO engine. If not whats the difference?

Have a good weekend.....
Mr president
please let me know next TT session huh...wanna join..may be i will consider 18 rather than 17..just worried on the types...cost maaaaa

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
okefuat said:
Hi all,

Does all Cefiro come with NEO engine. If not whats the difference?

Have a good weekend.....
Mr president
please let me know next TT session huh...wanna join..may be i will consider 18 rather than 17..just worried on the types...cost maaaaa
okehuat...no, our cefiro doesnt have NEO engine...
TT will be announce when everyone its free...:biggrin:

tyres costing for 18" n 17" ...marginal...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
In Love with VQ35DE now!!!!!!!!!!!

The 3.5 L (3498 cc) VQ35DE is used in many modern Nissan vehicles. It adds variable valve timing and has a bore of 95.5 mm and stroke of 81.4 mm. Output ranges from 240 hp to 301 hp (179 to 225 kW) and 246 ft·lbf to 287 ft·lbf (334 to 390 Nm).

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki, Japan and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2002 through 2006, the only engine to be on Ward's list every year since its inception.

The VQ35DE has an aluminum engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads. It uses SFI fuel injection, has 4 valves per cylinder with VVT and features forged steel connecting rods, a one-piece cast camshaft, and Nissan's nylon intake manifold technology.

A modified version of the VQ35DE, called the S1 is produced by Nismo for the Fairlady Z S-Tune GT. It produces 300 ps or 285 hp (220 kW) at 7200 rpm - a higher rev-limit than that of the original VQ35DE. The 350Z GT-S concept is equipped with a switchable Novidem supercharger produces around 377bhp with the supercharger switched on, the engine may possibly be reffered to as the VQ35DER if the GT-S goes into production.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
dream.tent said:
In Love with VQ35DE now!!!!!!!!!!!

The 3.5 L (3498 cc) VQ35DE is used in many modern Nissan vehicles. It adds variable valve timing and has a bore of 95.5 mm and stroke of 81.4 mm. Output ranges from 240 hp to 301 hp (179 to 225 kW) and 246 ft·lbf to 287 ft·lbf (334 to 390 Nm).

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki, Japan and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2002 through 2006, the only engine to be on Ward's list every year since its inception.

The VQ35DE has an aluminum engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads. It uses SFI fuel injection, has 4 valves per cylinder with VVT and features forged steel connecting rods, a one-piece cast camshaft, and Nissan's nylon intake manifold technology.

A modified version of the VQ35DE, called the S1 is produced by Nismo for the Fairlady Z S-Tune GT. It produces 300 ps or 285 hp (220 kW) at 7200 rpm - a higher rev-limit than that of the original VQ35DE. The 350Z GT-S concept is equipped with a switchable Novidem supercharger produces around 377bhp with the supercharger switched on, the engine may possibly be reffered to as the VQ35DER if the GT-S goes into production.
dream...when wanna put a VQ35DE??? :biggrin:
or best, get the Z33 lor...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
I think Z won't fit me...
My butt can't go in to the bucket seat also la!

A33 still a better chassis for me! hhhhh
By the way, Seems VQ35DD = Direct Injection and some how VVL too! Wonder why they don't put VQ35DVD hahaha

I kinda like the VQ25DER+ and VQ30DEK! sounds like rare items!!!

Naturally, If the gas price keeps going up, I think I will need VVL!! I will keep my VQ30DE la...

Unless can find a good VQ25DDR or VQ35DDT+

Anyway, talk only la......."Lung Talk"...money all converted to S26Gold now...no need to think about VQ30 anymore....

sob sob

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hehehe...took me about 5 secs to figure out what is S26Gold. At first I thought some Volvo car or Sonata Gold, then I realised the whizkid consumption stuff. Ummh, also some Tollyjoy/Anakku Platinum hah.

I am also hoping to change to a DD engine. Someone cari jalan lah. Can have bulk purchase maybe.

By the way, I rang up Mun Lee in Puchong looking for strut bar and then asked if got VQ engine. They are getting 2 halfcut VQ25DE in a month time.

Ong, where can I get strut bar for my A32 hah?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
excimo said:
Hehehe...took me about 5 secs to figure out what is S26Gold. At first I thought some Volvo car or Sonata Gold, then I realised the whizkid consumption stuff. Ummh, also some Tollyjoy/Anakku Platinum hah.

I am also hoping to change to a DD engine. Someone cari jalan lah. Can have bulk purchase maybe.

By the way, I rang up Mun Lee in Puchong looking for strut bar and then asked if got VQ engine. They are getting 2 halfcut VQ25DE in a month time.

Ong, where can I get strut bar for my A32 hah?
front or rear strut? i know hotbits has both for a32...UR also have...Zenden also not bad...

excimo...VQ25DE its more than enough...trust me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which one management is cun if i want to put on my engine (evo 1)
e manage or apexi afc neo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience