Urgent!! Need help any reliable workshop in jb

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Actually any suggestion on how to make this monster drinker to drink less?..
By the way now my DS vibrate more even if I drive less then 100km/hr. Can I make it back to kl!!!

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
U hv to retune back the ecu or install piggyback to get the optimum tune.

U sure its DS? Not something else like tyre bengkak, rim bengkok, mounting koyak, etc?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually any suggestion on how to make this monster drinker to drink less?..
By the way now my DS vibrate more even if I drive less then 100km/hr. Can I make it back to kl!!!
Drive turbo have to live with it.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

But,
1. Its illegal to convert Perdana to 4wd
2. FC will be more than now
Exactly.....:banghead:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Finally the DS giv up, hav to call for tow truck.... I drive from JB heading back to kl ending at PD junction it could not go further anymore.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Finally the DS giv up, hav to call for tow truck.... I drive from JB heading back to kl ending at PD junction it could not go further anymore.
Sorry to hear that, also please let us know the actual problem....

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Should b the DS head at the gearbox side broken. Coz when the car been tow by Plus pick up truck on free gear position, no sound from the DS but when I engage gear n drive the sound n vibration start coming.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Did not manage to do tat in JB, busy wit work. Haizz... Bad luck it take me 8 hours to reach home

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Another bad news, very hard to find manual DS for v6,

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should b the DS head at the gearbox side broken. Coz when the car been tow by Plus pick up truck on free gear position, no sound from the DS but when I engage gear n drive the sound n vibration start coming.
Seldom hear of DS broken at gear box side because it is fixed. Outer CV joint always wear out...:banghead:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
I think is mayb the mounting had broken so related till the DS also follow to broke

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think is mayb the mounting had broken so related till the DS also follow to broke
Then the V6 quite delicate already. My VR engine mounting broken get knocking sound only, engine hit cross member...

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i have experienced this maybe similar incident.

my left and right mountings gave way on the way back from Taiping to Putrajaya.
since it was a Sunday late afternoon, and i was already on the PLUS hiway (after Changkat Jering exit), i just continue my drive.
the car was vibrating violently sometimes, and sometimes when the frequency of the engine vibration matches the car vibration, it becomes stable.
so i was travelling like 90-100kmh depending on the vibration, until near the Damansara exit, my DS just gave way, tercabut.. huhu..

anyway, u can use full rubber mountings on the front and rear, and use normal mountings on the left and right.
they may last a bit longer.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
But now the workshop said is inside the gearbox part broken so is hard to find replacement.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need 2 know what suspension and springs which can enter the car coz the originals r crap... and other stuff i can do 2 improve the handling

i curently hav put an integra B18c manual black top in it... but stability is very bad

pls help me out thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience