unexpected performance

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Congrates to Renault team. Thier car was really fast. As expected, Ferrari is weak but im suprise that they will able to hang on with Renault. Bravo to Stratergy Master Ross Brawn.

Well the unexpected was.... D.C was driving superb racing. Im so suprise that Red Bull machine was pretty fast. out of my expectation at all. Well Mclaren and Williams was big time dissapointment.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
good drive by renault i must say. their car was fast and the driver was faultless but bear in mind that their engine must last 2 race. saying that, the next race is in sepang and we all know how hot the weather is over here. there's a possibility that the bigger teams want to 'jaga engine'.

michael was unusually slow. i don't remember seeing him drive so casually and the accident with heidfeld was suspiciously caused by him.

FTO

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Don't forget Ferrari is the reigning champion, if they can't keep up, thats something unusual...glad that barichello made it to 2nd place.

one thing about the gp, the new pit stop rule on changing tyres...WTH...no more excitment bcoz cannot change tyre...boring2

and when i watch the replay, i thought its the bmw clash into the ferrari?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the way i see it, schumi was at fault. you could see him simply shutting the door on heidfeld where else heidfeld was almost alongside him. schumi simply drove his car thru the corner without giving heidfeld space. i've seen some close calls whereby both drivers have mutual understanding and respect whereby they both give each other some room or racing line and battle it out.

however, its debatable and i know some will have different opinions, thats why the marshalls should just dismiss it as a racing incident.

phizer

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Visit site
i think this year renault will be a good contender for the championship.look how fast the car go.at least this year wont be a one sided race like last year.

DEX

Jun 14, 2004
The toyota's seems to be doing quite well too.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
the most boring race in F1.....*yawn* the cars is slow.....no overtaking battle.....all cars drive slow slow..must be jaga engine for next race...and plus stupid rules.... :(

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
It was Schumacher's fault. Like prodigy said, he closed the door shut on Heidfeld leaving the poor lad with no choice but to run into the grass. He can't do anything but slide right into the Ferrari from then onwards. So, Schummi again the victim of his own idiocy.

The Renault chassis have always been one of the best. Even in years past they were lighter, faster on corners, and gentler on tyres and fuel. This year, with all the new rules, their advantage is even more apparent. Especially now with their latest chassis and engine which seems to caught up with the rest in terms of power.

GOKEN

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
unexpected winners but the race was dead boring.

expect a red wash when ferrari got their new cars in bahrain or barcelona.

sunnyboy

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by Raikkonen@Mar 7 2005, 07:46
and McLaren seems to be reliable (no more kaboommm) :lol: :lol:
btw boring race, fell asleep halfway thru :P
miss those pitstop actions :(
same here.....fall asleep half way...but lucky to get up again in last 20 laps.... :lol:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
the accident part,
i watched the delayed replay, since i can't tune in 8tv and i don't have astro. dunno if its my eyes can't open wide or what, definitely seems like schumi's fault. in the replay, seems like nick wanna get a piece of schumi, but schumi go block him, kinda hit the williams, or maybe the willams just jerk abit cuz wanna avoid, so not so sure. but whatever happens, hit or no hit heidfield ended up in the grass, which before that he plan to out brake schumi, also mean he is going faster. and as everybody knows, how can grass have more traction than tarmac? well.. just one of those things that happened in the racing scene.

about the sleeping part:
the sound of those v10 is enough to keep me awake :lol: but i sleep at college today :ph34r:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Yeah, the race was really bored. no more exicment. talk about cut cost, i still see that many pit crew as before. it was a funny seeing whn those tyre changer crew now just squard thr and doin nothing but inspect the tyre. whaahhaah. as for speed, i see FIA is failing doing it also.

now, the msia race is going to b intresting. hot wheater play a big diff. aussie race was merely on 15-20c degree that day. msia? high of 30c degree. whahaha

Raikkonen

Known Member
Aug 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
The engine should last for 2 races.
Soon this will be scenario :-

1st race - only 8 drivers finishing the race (the rest parked at the track's side)
so that they can change to a new engine for the next race.

2nd race - most probably the 8 drivers that finished the previous race may not
even last the half the race.

kapitan

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
I think it was bad not to haf tyre change.. seem like less ppl dare to burn their tyres to overtake.. besides the tyres look in really bad shape at the end of the race.. moreover when having puncture also need approval from FIA only can change affected tyres. Not only that, FIA might pull a car out of the race if the tyres are consider worn out and dangerous to drive on or might consider allowing teams to change the tyres.. it will only make the race boring i think.. more drivers will opt to save their tyres and wait their opponent make mistake..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So, the car has launched, and I've test driven it.

Article coming soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short, took the car for a short drive, and I do like it. Engine was still tight (About 10km on the odometer), gearshifts are not particular good (feels rather rubbery and vague). Torque is decent, but for me again, doesn't feel enough. Surprisingly engine noise is well insulated, as well as wind noise and road noise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience