Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
aiya..the viva is infinity melvin is it? y neva come say hi?....
nice viva u got there bro...

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

unker...not 3:03 eh? hehe....he clocked in at 3:30 in an alza...imagine wat
will happen if u give him a R35...i think can tapau farris fauzy edi...

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

pomen..which 1 were u? in red shirt lepak with temujin ah?

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
viva 3:40, alza 3:30... demmit:confused:. how'd you guys keep up with the big boys that day? was giving ways most of the time for all i remember.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Haha yea bro that's me. Wearing blue strip polo tee with black long pants. Walking Around with my white camera hahaha.

I nvr met u guys bfor ma.. Samore u all driving gtr, evo, n lambo... Im just a small fart only, shy la.. The only kcar in the track day. Let ppl laugh kau kau only :bawling::adore:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Rule of thumb is "or I think it is.. Sifus pls correct me"
Is to drive your normal line. Those sepang regular will know how to overtake. Don't confuse them by moving or changing lanes when u see them coming. Might cause confusion n end up crashing later bro..

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Nvm danz n fstrader, will b going on round 2 track day in July. Then we can meet up n u sifus can teach me hehehe. Looking forward to see u guys!

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
that time i kena tapau most of the time... pedal to the metal no use, cos underpowered on stock car... i am only using my own line, if see someone incoming at back of me, i'd usually slow down to let em pass, if its in a corner just cut some slacks for them to enter. its pretty normal laa, only thing i need is some touch up cos already 4 years i did not masuk sic.

melvin, i respect u.... small but daring to go out.... :adore:

def_lok, u driving wat car? EG 2door blue ah?? :adore:

danz, i am still not prepared for track laa, no stamina...only prepared to attack the katil on weekends :rofl:

izrail77

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
just to share my best time so far did 3 years back on dry...
Ford TX3 KF 1993
BPZET turbo 1.8 stage 1 tune....slipping clutch and korean street tyres
2 min 48sec.....i agree that tyre pressure must be around 27-28psi only.....i ran 5 seconds slower a few psi up. i was runing with another DC5 and putra evo3 that time....same timing all three.

Regards

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

no lah...me mana ada nissan gtr....its the other gtr...that day me wearing orange T shirt...and driving my fren's stock standard red persona...not time attack..but more into giving pointers to him...but last time with transponder during CTA the Persona Elegan (*100% factory stock including engine,tyre,brakes,suspension and exhaust) clocking 3:13 laptime if i remember....

sadly during this zth trackday no transponder to check the time...and because of the owner did some handling change the car goes into more understeer....roughly timing from my onboard vids shows around 3:20-3:30 (lots of traffic during trackday u know la)

viva 3:40, alza 3:30... demmit:confused:. how'd you guys keep up with the big boys that day? was giving ways most of the time for all i remember.
don't keep up...me just drive normally..and only gave way on the straights.... :biggrin:

p/s:sorry blue civic driver...the persona's setup work awkwardly hence the car goes all over the place :adore:

Justin Davy Lee

From Facebook
Aug 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hehe looks like a few people here went to last Sunday's ZTH Trackday, including me!! Self timed, fastest lap was only approx 3:10..Kena smoked by the Honda's..LOL..Saw the Viva and Alza when I was on track! Hehe awesome stuff!! Saw the Viva got big brakes..Heheh

Last edited:

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
def_lok, u driving wat car? EG 2door blue ah?? :adore::rofl:
not even a vtec la, campro-tek bro! standard neo dark color with grocery bag inside!

pomen_GTR, saw that persona, melaka plate if not mistaken. hows the engine performance during that hot day? was testing redline 10W30 (initially planned for 0W20 but was warned by my mechanic) and motul coolant. not much of a help. engine damn lemau like biskut raya on a post-raya-belt-tightening sessions :banghead:

just to share my best time so far did 3 years back on dry...
Ford TX3 KF 1993
BPZET turbo 1.8 stage 1 tune....slipping clutch and korean street tyres
2 min 48sec.....i agree that tyre pressure must be around 27-28psi only.....i ran 5 seconds slower a few psi up. i was runing with another DC5 and putra evo3 that time....same timing all three.
yeah 28psi (depends on your camber setup & some other bits like toe & stuff) during hot laps or so i was wrong. Well personally it feels a lil bit heavy on straight but does cornering & braking a lil easy.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Hehe looks like a few people here went to last Sunday's ZTH Trackday, including me!! Self timed, fastest lap was only approx 3:10..Kena smoked by the Honda's..LOL..Saw the Viva and Alza when I was on track! Hehe awesome stuff!! Saw the Viva got big brakes..Heheh
Haha what car u driving bro? I kena smoke by all cars.. Wind down window to smell exhaust fumes only hahaha. Ya my viva changed to bigger brakes coz stock brakes very unreliable. Using r32 rotors + 480C pads. Works just nice but kinda made my car heavy haha.

Need a sifu to bring me go track. That day didn't dare to attack corners. Car abit too low, during hard cornering my front diffuser/bumper scraping the road

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

that time i kena tapau most of the time... pedal to the metal no use, cos underpowered on stock car... i am only using my own line, if see someone incoming at back of me, i'd usually slow down to let em pass, if its in a corner just cut some slacks for them to enter. its pretty normal laa, only thing i need is some touch up cos already 4 years i did not masuk sic.

melvin, i respect u.... small but daring to go out.... :adore:

def_lok, u driving wat car? EG 2door blue ah?? :adore:

danz, i am still not prepared for track laa, no stamina...only prepared to attack the katil on weekends :rofl:
Haha malu la.. Sure Kena laugh a lot that day.. Some more went there alone, share pit with hondas n fairladys hahaha. Went track for a few laps only.. Spent alot time taking pictures n cooling down my melted tyres

Justin Davy Lee

From Facebook
Aug 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
Haha what car u driving bro? I kena smoke by all cars.. Wind down window to smell exhaust fumes only hahaha. Ya my viva changed to bigger brakes coz stock brakes very unreliable. Using r32 rotors + 480C pads. Works just nice but kinda made my car heavy haha.

Need a sifu to bring me go track. That day didn't dare to attack corners. Car abit too low, during hard cornering my front diffuser/bumper scraping the road

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Haha malu la.. Sure Kena laugh a lot that day.. Some more went there alone, share pit with hondas n fairladys hahaha. Went track for a few laps only.. Spent alot time taking pictures n cooling down my melted tyres
Hehe i was driving the white Neo CPS..Was sharing same pit with you..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
not even a vtec la, campro-tek bro! standard neo dark color with grocery bag inside!

pomen_GTR, saw that persona, melaka plate if not mistaken. hows the engine performance during that hot day? was testing redline 10W30 (initially planned for 0W20 but was warned by my mechanic) and motul coolant. not much of a help. engine damn lemau like biskut raya on a post-raya-belt-tightening sessions :banghead:

yeah 28psi (depends on your camber setup & some other bits like toe & stuff) during hot laps or so i was wrong. Well personally it feels a lil bit heavy on straight but does cornering & braking a lil easy.

not melaka plate...it was red persona elegance with KL plate 3digits number.... :adore: well on hot day surely top end not as good as normal day...auto summore...(*but it wasn't my car..it was my friends car..we switch driver for our un-official driving lessons)

last time during other trackday i remove the air-filter from the airbox and left it empty.....to squeeze a bit more top end and throttle responds..but not that day...because we're testing new "wiremesh" drop-on filter kit.....

regarding alignment/camber setup....if me..i personaly would set 0 toe on front and back with -1.5degree till -2.5degree of front camber with -1degree for rear camber..this to reduce understeer effect that comes with soft wall street tyre and soft stock suspension....but again..since it wasn't my car so we just go stock factory alignment setting..... :driver:

damm i missed those 3:13 laptime with that persona long time ago.. :biggrin:

izrail77

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
camber 1.5 front, 2 at the back. toe out a bit for FF and 0.5 behind pun cukup.
plan for track day soon. i need clutch and more brakes to go slighlt deeper on braking zones especially turn 1 after long staright WOT.
very hard to enter open track day nowadays.....all fully booked all the time.

Regards

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Haha yea bro that's me. Wearing blue strip polo tee with black long pants. Walking Around with my white camera hahaha.

I nvr met u guys bfor ma.. Samore u all driving gtr, evo, n lambo... Im just a small fart only, shy la.. The only kcar in the track day. Let ppl laugh kau kau only :bawling::adore:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Rule of thumb is "or I think it is.. Sifus pls correct me"
Is to drive your normal line. Those sepang regular will know how to overtake. Don't confuse them by moving or changing lanes when u see them coming. Might cause confusion n end up crashing later bro..

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Nvm danz n fstrader, will b going on round 2 track day in July. Then we can meet up n u sifus can teach me hehehe. Looking forward to see u guys!
aiya...u were just behind us only when u came into the pits.....u parked behind Yee Hau's car...mine was just beside....if i recognise yr car sure i will call u join us......i wont be goin to round 2...but maybe round 3...must get approval from home ministry 1st hehe...

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
No worries Amir.. we shall do it again soon! i'll improved the handling setup as your advised. now looking for a smaller wheel and thinking about LCP.. :biggrin:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Went to TTA open track last weekend with my new fiesta. Didnt push hard as only 2nd time in sepang with road tyres. Manage to clock 3:19 best time, with occupant in the car & windows rolled down. this round quite alot of traffic, didnt have the chance to push harder..

next round gotta go with better tyres and tackle the corners harder! :)

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm currently driving a honda civic 1.6l auto. may i know if any of you here use mobil 1's EO for your hondas? heard feedback that the EO helps protect the engine and reduces fuel consumption. any ideas on this?

thanks for the help!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience