Turbo Charge 850cc DVVT-VIVA engine

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hi sifus,

i plan to turbo charge my viva 850cc engine. This project just considered as soft turbo application and not for hard turbo application. So, i plan to maintain the internals. This setup just to overcome to low end power/ pick up power which is current issue in the engine. So, kindly advice the items and mondification needed.This using 2nd items such as turbine, intercooler, injectors and etc.Boosting max 0.6 bar with safc/e-manage.

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hi jinkl,

thx for ur advice.Can u list the items from me which i totaly need to turbo charge the car?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
go for L2/L5 or avy l250 stuff as per jinkl sez... aside from parts that you've already mentioned, you can add metal head gasket and twin layer alloy radiator combo!

dun forget to change ur exhaust to at least 1.6' if you planning to change to std daihatsu turbo... preferably 2'... since money is not an option, why not custom ur downpipe as well...

and get urself a good tuner for all the mods...

maybe other sifus can help.... i'm only stating back what some of my frens do to their 850cc/1000cc engines....

maybe you can refer here... http://www.geocities.com/flamefox850/index.htm

although he's more of power-chasing-kinda-guy, but at least you can get some pointers on his methods...

good luck... :driver:

p/s: dun forget to upgrade ur brake system as well....

Last edited:

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
where to get the metal gasket for viva 850cc engine?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
where to get the metal gasket for viva 850cc engine?
That one I don't know... but should be avaliable since I've seen lotsa 850cc ED block (ED-10 or ED-DE) turbo monster around...

and since your Viva still uses ED block (code name ED-VE rite? look into the svc manual), i'm sure it's bolt on ok....

You can ask around some shop that do bolt-on turbo such as RSImpressive, D'Pro, Ejam motorsport etc... always read about them in the car mags somewhere... :hmmmm:

mind asking where ur loc?

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
ok.thx

loc at old klang road.......

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
any other advices to be shared......from other sifus

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
what is the engine code?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
what is the engine code?
hi apeng! :adore:

based on perodua's website the code is ED-VE for VIVA 850cc.... same like my old engine kot... but it's ED-DE 850cc DOHC EFI... maybe VE = DOHC EFI c/w DVVT head?

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
thx papagoines

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hi,

any other feedback or suggestion...........

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
hi sifus,

i plan to turbo charge my viva 850cc engine. This project just considered as soft turbo application and not for hard turbo application. So, i plan to maintain the internals. This setup just to overcome to low end power/ pick up power which is current issue in the engine. So, kindly advice the items and mondification needed.This using 2nd items such as turbine, intercooler, injectors and etc.Boosting max 0.6 bar with safc/e-manage.
hi jegvd... seems that u want extra power eh? ahahaha.. so good then..

if i were u .. then this is what i might use for this mods :

1. td04-09 turbine twin blade from pajero diesel or maybe L2/L5 turbo for fast response!
2. intercooler + stainless piping
3. banana, to replace stock exhaust extractor
4. safc for pocket saving ... coz after all we only need to find fuel setting... ignition tak payah pun takpe for this soft turbo...
5. fuel regulator
6. metal gasket... can use kelisa/kenari metal gasket ... *eh, btw this viva how many piston ahh?? 3 ke??
7. injector.. i think stock injectors can support 0.6bar *with help from fuel reg and safc.. or for safety purpose maybe can use 240cc injector from perdana or vr4 n/a ..
8. maybe a bigger fuel pump might help *rb20, gsr etc etc

for me, in every mods, fuel delivery system is the most important ... so i hope this might helps..

hehehehe.. cost maybe around RM 2K ++ .. and dont forget to wide band your ride!

p/s: heard that viva pistons already coat with ceramic coating.... *dunno whether true or not... but a lot of people say that.... >:)

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
6. metal gasket... can use kelisa/kenari metal gasket ... *eh, btw this viva how many piston ahh?? 3 ke??
waa... no see long time bro consonar :wavey:

viva still use 3cyl... only 1.3 engine produa use 4 cyl...

myvi 1.0 pon 3 cyl kot?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
hi sifus,

bro.
looking at the pic of yur current wira, i wonder whether you still need advice arr :biggrin:

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
bro.
looking at the pic of yur current wira, i wonder whether you still need advice arr :biggrin:

hi bro,

Im still a kid to u'stand viva engine coz most of the time spent to study 4g63........:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

thought of testing the tufoil out in my dad's 4 stroke kapcai.

these kap chais uses a wet clutch i think, gear oil and engine oil integrated, so is it safe to to use tufoil?

i am just worried it may cause the clutch to slip.

if yes, how much tufoil shoudl i add to the small crankcase....i think it holds about 1 litre of engine oil.

this is just for experimenting purpose only.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience