tuning my toyota caldina gt-t

Nov 9, 2015
Fairbourne
hi everyone, so i own a toyota caldina gt-t import, its my first proper turbo petrol car and im pretty clueless regarding engine performance, so i need some guidance as to what modifications to do first and in what order

i'm installing my front mount intercooler next week once the custom pipes have been made (pre made kits are useless with the cramped engine bay and not exactly cheap, so this seems the easiest option)

otherwise there is only an aftermarket bov and a pipercross air filter i found lying about the garage ;)

so where do i go from here?

thanks, any help is much appreciated

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
the best one is load piggy back 1st :nurse: hoursepower up... then go petrol stations frequently :biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
first of all, makesure all the wear & tear parts been done.. you dont want your 300-400hp car end up burst up your head due to fan motor failure..

when your engine is healthy, the can start modding the basic or bolt on parts such as high flow air intake, bov, exhaust pipe/muffler, ecu tuning/flashing. When you still feel the "need for speed", then can continue to upgrade to bigger turbo and their supporting mods (such as cams, valve job, porting & polishing, forged internals etc) depending on how much power you want.. seek a reliable tuner for that cause you dont want to change things that are useless and not reliable. cheers

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the car is pretty powerful as standard. 1st of all. maintain the car, and replace the wear and tear components.
Drive and learn the handling of the car.......until you are familiar with it.

Then, plan your mod, based on your need and budget.
New ownership always exciting, and one might overspend or modded it without knowing the implication.

Happy owning your Caldina.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Learn how to tame and maintain it's current state and behavior before proceed in throwing mods. Plan your budget for mod wisely as @ken yeang mentioned. But anyway do not forget a reliable management system.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Learn how to tame and maintain it's current state and behavior before proceed in throwing mods. Plan your budget for mod wisely as @ken yeang mentioned. But anyway do not forget a reliable management system.
Agree with bro. Ken, actually should drive it in current state first. Get to know your car, power, handling etc., study further, then only see what to mod...:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi peeps, just want to share my recent little DIY project. I just refabric'd my wira door panels. Took me half a day to do it (excludes searching and buying materials). Generally quite satisfied with the results. It is available on my blog site, http://justz.blogspot.com

Once viewed, comments are welcomed. And if anyone wud like my services of refabric their door panels just PM me. Thanks for viewing.. :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience